"Bob Hughes" aliases

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:38 pm

the toys were probably given to the local county children's services - you may have to get an attorney to petition the court for the toys or somehow go to the police station and meet with the supervisor in charge of the evidence room -
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:40 pm

Yeah all well and said but I'm in Australia. Although I'd be happy for my zero to go to the kiddies I'll be well pissed if they didn't get permission from me first.
I knew, just knew he'd get a slap on the wrist and sent on his way and that is exactly why I want my zero back or atleast be compensated. I can't contact anyone due to time differences (I am usually at work or asleep).
Man I gotta say now I'm pretty angry.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:52 am

Guys,

I spoke with Lt. Taylor this morning by phone. As I think you all know, the suspect plead guilty. The stolen merchandise is still in police custody. It will be released when he hears from the prosecutors office and receives a release authorization. Chris gave me the prosecutors contact info. I will be contacting him hopefully this afternoon to find out what the hold up is and if there is anything we can do to move things along.

There is a lot of stuff apparently. Once they receive the release, they will begin contacting anyone on their list to arrange the return of the goods.

Anything leftover will be sent to an annual auction. He thinks it will be in October. At some point they post a list of all of the auction goods. Not sure when or where yet.

They are apparently having a hard time identifying the items from the lists you all have submitted to the actual items because they simply don't know this hobby and aren't that familiar with military history. Since I'm local, I'm going to use the SSHQ database and help Chris try to ID as much as possible. That process won't start until he gets the release from the prosecutor.

It took me about three weeks (playing voicemail tag with Chris) to finally have an actual conversation. Everyone is very busy. I expect it will take as much time to make solid contact with the prosecutors office. I'll keep you guys posted as I know more.

Grunt

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:20 am

Thanks for the update. Great work!!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:09 pm

Ok, spoke with one prosecutor only to find out he had no idea what I was talking about. He sent me to the receptionist who hooked me up with the right person. She was able to access the database and get me to the right prosecutor. His assistant called me back and took down my information. He was out of the office and will be at a conference all next week. She's going to try to clear it with him (hopefully via e-mail or phone) and get the release processed.

The only issue she thought might have held up the release is if more than one person was involved and that the other person/people still have open cases. Seems pretty clear as far as we know that there was only one guy, but it's possible some of the people involved in the shell game may have been prosecuted as well and we just never heard about it.

Anyway, hopefully that's not the case and she'll get things pushed through. I'll post when I hear more.

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:49 am

Gday Grunt,
Any updates mate? Any ideas on how I can go about claiming my stolen goods being overseas and all?
Regards,
Sean.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Much Kudos to you, Grunt, for keeping up with this and all your time and effort. After all this time I completely forgot what 1/18 I sent the guy. If anyone contacted me to confim these are my items, I wouldn't know what to say.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:19 pm

Sorry guys, haven't heard back from the prosecutors office. I'm guessing they are busy with work/holidays, etc.. I'll ring them next week and see whats up. As for shipping and other details, we need to get the release form from the prosecutors office over to Lt. Taylor as the first priority. After that, we'll see how it goes.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:08 pm

Major update posted here:

viewtopic.php?p=166615#166615

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

A photo of Bob Hughes/Jerry Napier

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:25 pm

A photo of Bob Hughes/Jerry Napier:

My good trader/reference list:
Razor17019, raiderad6, nomo4me, SGT Fury, don, JOC, DIGGER, immeww2.

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:14 am

Hey yall!!! Thisn' looks like he'd be a jackass!!! :wink: ---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:12 am

I guess sometimes you CAN judge a book by its cover.

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:45 am

Hopefully sometime soon we'll get our restitution payments.

wm69
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wm69 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:45 am

Glad ya'll got this slimebag. He looks like someone who would steal toys and hack them up. Probably still lives in his parents basement too.

I didn't have anything in this whole process, but I'm happy that at least a few of you got some of your stuff back.

I would have loved to have seen what would have happened to this guy had he been put in for a substantial amount of time.....for stealing toys no less. :twisted:

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Hahahaha, he looks like a Comic Book Guy!!! Seriously though, I bet he drives a van and works at chuckecheese.

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:08 pm

He actually works for a company that assists people who have challenges living independently.

I wonder if he has contact with those people or just works for the company in a capacity that is not patient-facing?

Killerf6
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Killerf6 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:20 pm

If he was convicted of a misdameanor it probably wouldn't effect his employment, but if he was convicted of a felony then many states have laws against felons working with children or special needs people.

If he is an example of the type of people this company hires I think I would avoid that company like the plague. If it is a decent company, when they learn what kind of person Jerry Napier is they will send him down the road.
I fly cartoon airplanes

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:52 am

I'm expecting my stuff returned this week, and I'm wondering what shape the figures will be in. I hear he messed them up pretty extensively. I hope the weapons are not messed up. I'll be happy if I have the heads and the weapons. I'll consider the rest a bonus.

Looks as if I won't get my buildings back. I included them in the list I sent to the prosecutor and the list I sent Mr. Mayle, but they didn't make it onto the list of stuff to be returned to victims. So they were returned to Jerry Napier!

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:58 am

ParatrooperCarbine wrote:Looks as if I won't get my buildings back. I included them in the list I sent to the prosecutor and the list I sent Mr. Mayle, but they didn't make it onto the list of stuff to be returned to victims. So they were returned to Jerry Napier!
Yup, it seems if the police can't ID any of the parts they can be picked up again by the accused. That stinks, I was hoping anything left over could be put into a police garage sale, or donated to kids, or something.

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Jerry Napier's myspace page

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:36 pm

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:10 pm

well, damn, that's one bad ass sumbitch... who'd a thunkit? don't hurt 'em hammer!! have mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:17 pm

From his page:

About me:
I was born in the great state of Kentucky and grew up on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie in the city of Cleveland, Ohio. I am of Scottish and Native American descent and I am very proud of my heritage and ancestory. I am a Veteran of The United States Army and it is the time of my life that I am the most proud and fond. To say I miss it is an understatement. I was part of an elite Special Operations Team and I found it most rewarding being able to serve my beloved country and at the same time thoroughly enjoy what I was doing. I truly loved being a Soldier...simply loved it...and being a soldier was something I was very, very good at... There has never been, nor will there ever be, an equal to the feeling of being with my highly motivated team, all locked & loaded and choppering into some exotic, foreign land... And with the warm rotor wash still whipping all around us, we would move out and get on with the business of our mission; which usually always started with the downsizing of the foreign land's number of known oppressors. De Oppresso Liber, Latin for "To Liberate the Oppressed" And that, through methods both conventional and unconventional, is what we did and we did it well. The feeling I had when I was with My Team is a feeling I haven't had since I was with them; knowing that each team member knew his place in the mission, knowing that each team member knew his role in the mission and knowing that each team member believed in the mission and knowing that each team member had the back of the man next to him. We weren't your typical 'temp-troops', the citizen soldier or so called 'civilians in uniform'. We weren't a bunch of half-hearted half-assers half-stepping all over themselves, doing just enough to get by and just biding their time through a quick enlistment to get some college money. The men of my team were an elite, highly trained and highly motivated group of Soldiers... We Were Professional Soldiers. To the enemy we were Death Incarnate, green faced Shock Troops who represented to them only a certain death:) Even then I some how knew even then that I was living the best days of my life, and sadly, nothing has come even close to comparison since. I'd still be serving today but was discharged for wounds which proved too severe for me to continue on with my military career. Oh, I could've probably stayed in if I would have been content with holding down some desk somewhere, but then that wasn't why I joined the Army. But I'll stop there because how in the hell does one go on speaking of himself in any way, shape or form and not be accused by others of being bias... But then if you really knew me you'd know that I would never be bias because if you really, truly knew me then you'd know that I thoroughly hate myself.

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:18 pm

Followed by:

Who I'd like to meet:
The Ghosts of my Dad and older Brother J.D., I would like to see if they're actually wearing the classic 'sheet over the head' ghost costume...They both left this world and entered the next way too early... And even though it still feels like it was just yesterday, it's been about 30 years ago since they went away and I'd just really like to talk to them again... Also, I have Family out there that I haven't seen in a long, long time and I'd sure love to see them again... My sweet, beautiful niece Charlotte and very cool & very handsome nephew Lonnie... Two of the best, finest, brightest, most intelligent, level-headed, together, squared away, admirable young people that I've ever known:) One of the subjects I've read about since I was very young is Bigfoot/Sasquatch, a legendary creature which is said to roam the vast wilderness areas of North America. I would like someday to come face to face with one and finally see just what they are and where they're from... UFO's are another great interest of mine, and I would like very much to have a face to face encounter with a being from another world...but I've got to be honest, if the alien made any quick, questionable or suspect moves, I'd kill him... Well lets see...who else?? Ok, a Singing Mexican-style Sombrero who's face is that of a young Marlon Brando carrying a gi-normous jug of Rum filled with dancing 'Glow in the Dark' skeletons and wearing a pair of Colt 45 six-shooters borrowed from the Legendary Lone Ranger...and last but certainly not least; I would like to become good friends with BATMAN. and now...tonight's episode: 'APOCALYPSE BELOW!' I'd like to journey to a secret middle earth where I stumble drunkenly upon a Bizarro society of little people, living on their own, living outside any Bizarro government...living like little renegades. They would be an entire army of highly trained, highly motivated Green Beret Midgets in dire need of leadership and who furthermore- will do anything for little plastic jack-o-lanterns full of Milk Duds and Fun Size Snickers bars... what's that you ask?? That's right, I just happen to have a whole boat-load of those little plastic jack-o-lanterns full of Milk Duds and Fun-Size Snicker bars. I would at first befriend these little dudes, make them feel good about themselves and really help build up their self-esteem by telling them how Out-Standing they were and how cool they were and how I myself had always wanted to be a Midget... Next, I'd get them to build a huge brewery & whisky distillery and tell them how drinking will only make THEM smaller... Eventually, I would become their all-powerful, bloated and reclusive leader, not un-like a madcap cross between Satan, John Dillinger, George Armstrong Custer, the Reverend Jim Jones, Elvis Presley and a jungle dwelling Rock-A-Billy version of Colonel Kurtz. I would sit astride a great white steed, face splashed in green, black and crimson, a half-eaten human heart clenched in my snarled and yellowed teeth...broad sword in one hand and feather ladened tomahawk in the other, I would lead my growling band of midget warriors in a series of lightning guerilla raids that would make Bizarro middle earth history. We would hunt down and slaughter all the middle-earth Hippies with extreme prejudice, and let there be no liberal minded politically correct bullshit here--I mean EX-TREME PREJUDICE!!! It would be a bloody and blinding blitzgrieg of genocide against the Hippies and their cowardly hippy culture!! We would move on leaving behind just death, broken Hippy dreams and little bloody boot prints. My Renegade Green Beret Guerilla Midget Raider Warriors would be at my every bidding and after each of our gruesome raids they would sit at my feet, looking at me with their sharp, pointy little teeth, grinning up at me like evil camoflauged elves. For endless hours we would plan and train for our next attack...training to kill, training to devour, training-training-TRAINING to exterminate everything before us... Afterwards, we'd lounge lanquidly in our lush and smokey opium perfumed haven... We'd meditate, we'd sleep and we'd dream of our next raid, all to the soft sweet sounds of The Doors with an immortal Jim Morrison assuring us that we were doing the right thing by doing everything to excess...especially killing to excess! Yes, we would all live, we would all kill and we would all die happily ever after as we'd all frolic together in an orgy of notorious bloodlust, infamous picturesque slaughter and utterly excessive debouchery...aaahhh the horror...the horror...the horror...the blood..the death...the excess... the fidgets...and the hooorrrrooorrr... Now I'll list some other famous people I'd like to meet and hang out with; Audie Leon Murphy, Ira Hamilton Hayes, John Dillinger, George Armstrong Custer, Crazy Horse, Geronimo, Reverend Jim Jones, Jeb Stuart, The Wolfman, Batman, Superman, Elvis Aaron Presley, James Byron Dean, Marlon Brando, John 'The Duke' Wayne, James Douglas Morrison, John Lennon, Captain America, Sam Phillips, Dracula, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Robert Francis Kennedy, Vic Morrow, Redd Foxx, Batman, Aqua Man, Al Capone, Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney Jr., Joe Meek, Captain America, SGT. ROCK. SGT. FURY, Tom Snyder, Bugsy Siegel, The Human Torch, Clint Eastwood, Robert Mitchum, William Smith, Lee Marvin, Bill Holden, Warren Oates, James Cagney, Jerry Lewis, Dean Martin, The Lone Ranger, Tonto, Johnny Carson, Johnny Cash, Errol Flynn, Jack The Ripper, Bigfoot aka Sasquatch, Sheriff Buford Pusser, Famed Marksman and Family Man Charles Whitman and King Of The Stuntmen EVEL KNIEVEL...I know, I know... A LOT of these people are dead now but hell that don't change nuthin'...it'd be really cool if I found out that Evel Knievel and Bigfoot were travelling around together in Evel's stunt van solving crimes and doing some bad assed ramp jumping on the side...and always, always remember...Every time a bell rings Mister 'T' pities a fool... And last but certainly not least, I'd also like to meet an older Brother and Sister who died before they could be born...I've always missed You both...

Interesting fellow. I don't think I"m going to add him as a friend though...

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:26 pm

And his wife says he's insane:

I have been married for nearly 20 years to my husband Jerry, and even though he is certifiably insane(no, really, HE IS!)he's a pretty great guy. And to his defense, he tells me that on 'HIS PLANET' he is 'perfectly normal'...hmmm, I still have my doubts

Man... This story just gets weirder and weirder.

MV

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:33 pm

A creative storyteller.
mikeg wrote:well, damn, that's one bad ass sumbitch... who'd a thunkit? don't hurt 'em hammer!! have mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!