Harrassment

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:26 pm

momaw nadon wrote:
Anyway, I would suggest to catman to build trust (feedback) on the board before dealing with any new members with no feedback. Even if that requires you to send you items to the trusted member (with feedback). And always a good practice is not deal with any non-members who contact you through e-mails, unless they join the forum and want to send first.

momaw nadon
Thats sounds good to me,

For my self

As for selling an item or trade, I would do buiness I would prefer to do business through E-bay and paypal even if the fees are a bit higher it would give me peace of mind and a proper recourses if something went wrong.
Last edited by VMF115 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:29 pm

well ive been working out deals with a lot of people, but they never finish it. they just stop communication. I am currently working a deal with a mebmer for a Starfighter in which I have offerred to send first.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:56 pm

I have worked with Catman and saw no real problems, other than with the "harassing" seller. That seller was supposed to send Catman an item, which he was then going to send to me. Further, Catman stipulated that I was to pay him if and when the item arrived, not beforehand. That deal with the seller aparently fell through and Catman was at a loss. Catman kept up very prompt communication through the whole incident. I think he can be trusted as a seller/trader on this forum, save that he might want to sell/trade items he actually has on hand, rather than dealing with questionable persons outside of this board :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

digger

?

Post by digger » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:04 pm

I think he can be trusted as a seller/trader on this forum
How can you say that if you have not had a succesful trade with him?
There is not one person on here who has had a successful trade with Catman? They all fall through? Someone? Anyone?

Oh, and collecting knives is not referred to as knifing. Look up knifing for the real definition.
Last edited by digger on Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:07 pm

Digger do you have some specific problem with me? It seems you just chase me around the boards. STOP. I'll have you know Tman will be getting the item in question regardless.

digger

?

Post by digger » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:11 pm

Chasing you around?
You are new, dishonest and now under a cloud of suspicion. It has also come to my attention that you get hostile with members when deals fall through. Frankly all that is on you.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:14 pm

I do not get angry when people dont buy things from me, are you joking?? You have never dealt with me. Nor do you know Im dishonest. I never even deal with you. How would you know? One guy cheats me everyone jumps on me? Well in a couple of days I'll have had my first successful trade. Thanks.

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:44 pm

catman wrote:
momaw nadon wrote:I don't know the whole deal on this, but it sounds odd to me. If this guy is a thief why would he call your work? Or for that matter harrass you at all? With previous bad traders like this have only came to this when the honest member threaten the guy with the authorities, because it is a crime.

I remember working on a trade with catman and he got mad when I asked him to send first do to his new member status and no feedback. Could have been he didn't understand what I asked of him, but then he didn't want to trade any more and wanted me to buy his items. I don't know if this has anything to do with this situation, but this whole thing does sound odd.

Anyway, I would suggest to catman to build trust (feedback) on the board before dealing with any new members with no feedback. Even if that requires you to send you items to the trusted member (with feedback). And always a good practice is not deal with any non-members who contact you through e-mails, unless they join the forum and want to send first.

momaw nadon
Mamaw nadon, that claim is false. I didnt get 'mad' when you said i need to send first. I simply said that I realized i didnt NEED these items anymore. I felt bad about that though, as I already had said I would purchase them, so I offerred to buy anything else from you. That is what happened.

I know that with the older members I am to send first. I would prefer it actually. Im not stupid.
I don't know about you wanting to buy the items from me, but you were flustered with the response you sent right after. That is why I sent you the explanation with what I ment. And you asked if I wanted to buy the item you had from you. Again I'm not attacking you with anything or claiming you are stupid etc, just stating the dealing I had with you.
momaw nadon

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:49 pm

No, remember? I was gonna purchase the PTE Fodder Lot from you?

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:56 pm

I don't know. We might have got words crossed somewhere. I thought you said you have bought too much stuff already and that you didn't need them and we might have mixed up the rest. That could have been, but anything I wrote wasn't an attack on you or anything like that. No hard feelings :).
momaw nadon

digger

ugh..

Post by digger » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:01 pm

aferguson wrote:......it behooves everyone to tread cautiously when doing trades or sales and to take steps to protect ones self as much as is possible.
I cannot stress the boss's words enough. I'll bet Bob Hughes lives in Indiana.

EDIT - Baseless claim deleted.
Last edited by digger on Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:01 pm

yeah I know, I said I didnt need those items anymore, but i felt bad so i said i could buy something else from you.

you can have an item from me free, of your chioce mamaw nadon.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: ugh..

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:03 pm

digger wrote:
aferguson wrote:......it behooves everyone to tread cautiously when doing trades or sales and to take steps to protect ones self as much as is possible.
I cannot stress the boss's words enough. I'll bet Bob Hughes lives in Indiana.

To make things even more clear - Catman and/or his "associate" Bob Hughes (ie him) is not to be traded with. Do so at your own peril - I do not know what else I can say.
I have a feeling it is too late as it sounds like one member has already been cheated. I have no reason to make false accusations; I am only interested in protecting the good members of this board.

Allright Digger, 'Im not a good member of this board'
what is the reason from your attacks?? you dont even know my name! unless you are bob hughes..

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:10 pm

catman wrote:yeah I know, I said I didnt need those items anymore, but i felt bad so i said i could buy something else from you.

you can have an item from me free, of your chioce mamaw nadon.
Everything is good. I was able to sell them, so no harm. I thank you for the offer though.
momaw nadon

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:12 pm

allright, just wanted so show everyone that i am serious, and i would follow through if you accepted.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:14 pm

i'm not sure there is any direct evidence that catman cannot be trusted. Granted there is an air of suspiciousness surrounding him at this point but i'm not sure bald statements like that are warranted, digger.

I trust you mean well, but this is starting to look like a personal attack on someone that really hasn't done anything wrong, that we know of for sure.

If someone feels they have been cheated by catman in a trade then if they would step forward and say so, that would be helpful to others. Otherwise, it's really all just opinion.

Members are free to trade with whom they please but i wll re-iterate....tread with caution and take all steps you can to protect yourself. You are soley responsible for the trades you involve yourself in.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:15 pm

Catman has my vote of Confidence.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:16 pm

Thanks VMF

Well I've recently been messaged by another member that has been cheated by this guy. As have others.
Last edited by catman on Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by boyx30 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:58 pm

wasn't "walkingtall" one of the Indiana guys e-mails?

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:08 pm

I have traded/sold/bought from about everyone in this thread and I can vouch for each one as they can vouch for me!

Catman- I have asked you for some kind of person or other board that could back you up when you first appeared on our board. You never produced that. You had Lenningrad in your profile and then Texas. If this was Ebay and you would have ZERO feedback and 8) - I would not buy from you. But this isn't Ebay and we are a bunch of guys that share the same interest together. We aren't out to make a buck off each other and we for the most part trust each other.

When you do complete a sucessful trade - please post it in the Good trader's section of the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. I would be interested to read about it...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:51 pm

boyx30 wrote:wasn't "walkingtall" one of the Indiana guys e-mails?
yes

razor, stalingrad was just a joke. i didnt realzie how much it matterred here. i thought it was pretty obvious considereding there is no such thing as stalingrad. razor you never asked me for anything.
i came here after ebay, thinking there were people here interested in the same thing i am. you can check my ebay stuff.. other than that the only forum ive been on is for a video game

btw, I have 67 ebay transactions.. %100 positive

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:58 pm

It was about 2 to 3 years ago the deal with the supposed "Mr. Murphy." He dealt out of one address in Richmond, Indiana--which turned out to be a false read as there was no such address as I recall. A woman who worked at Ivy Tech Community College was tracked down to a cell phone number. Then, this person had trades sent to an address at an Eaton, Ohio subdivision (Lockengren). I did research through the county auditor website and found the registered owners of the property. As well, I took photos of the home from the road in my truck. This got "Mr. Murphy's" ire up and he went on to send threatening emails to me and I think a trojan virus as well. Truly, this incident was a dark spot in the history of the community. I hope no one else has the misfortune to deal with "Mr. Murphy" again.
Aaron

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:05 pm

Richmond Indiana. Are you joking. That's were this guy lives..

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:15 pm

Everything is OK with Bob Hughes at the moment, his wife has taken the blame for thiese ongoings, and is trying to work something out for us.

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:14 pm

Hey y'all---Sorry--But who is Bob Hughes???I got that at one time there was a board member named(Audie Murphy) and he sucked--- But y'all lost me with Bob Hughes!!!!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]