Achtung! German S.S. 1:18 figure set now available

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Achtung! German S.S. 1:18 figure set now available

Post by coreystinson » Tue May 30, 2006 4:41 pm

I thought I would let you guys know first. Available exclusively at SMALLJOES.COM:

http://www.smalljoes.com/german_ss_schutzstaffel.shtml
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Morian Miner » Tue May 30, 2006 4:54 pm

Interesting. I must have missed this before, but do all the soldiers have different head sculpts? Nice touch, rather than just some SS clone army.

I would love to get one, since it looks really nice, but I just can't get past the mental block of having my own little SS squad. Personal issue, I suppose.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue May 30, 2006 5:34 pm

I think its one of those products that would look a little odd all by its self but mixed in with the hundred or so other figures from WWII in a large collection it wouldn’t be so bad. Not sure if I’m up for it or not yet. I'll have to wait and see.

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Gotta go for it...

Post by lablksmith » Tue May 30, 2006 6:05 pm

I certainly understand the simpathies expressed but I just ordered a set. I think this will be possibly a historic event in toy soldier production and will cause one heck of of a stir. I want one before they are pulled.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue May 30, 2006 6:12 pm

Well, its the C note price tag thats stopping me right now. Oh, and my wife.... :roll:

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue May 30, 2006 6:16 pm

Too bad they don't come packed with the building in the background. Very nice set, though. A little steep in price, but I think they will be a highly collectible set in the future just based on the unit's history.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Tue May 30, 2006 6:47 pm

I just ordered mine. These are just a little too unusual to pass on and the price is a little more than I buy figures for anyway. :wink:

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue May 30, 2006 6:54 pm

immeww2 wrote:A little steep in price
If you divide the price of the set out by the number of figures in the set, that's only $5.62 per figure which is a little less than similar carded figures typically sell for - plus you get the collector box.
Corey Stinson

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Tue May 30, 2006 7:04 pm

Maybe I'm not catching where you say it, but is this a preorder or do you have these in stock?

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue May 30, 2006 7:34 pm

Morian Miner wrote:Maybe I'm not catching where you say it, but is this a preorder or do you have these in stock?
All of the products on our web site are in stock and ready for shipment (we don't do the vaporware or pre-order thing).
Corey Stinson

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue May 30, 2006 8:27 pm

Not my cup of tea, but aren't those 21c figures? I wonder how the company that was too ethical to put swastikas on their German aircraft came up with this :roll: The figures do look good, from a paint/sculpt point of view.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Tue May 30, 2006 9:28 pm

Isn't this the set that SBP at one time was taking preorders for? I believe a few others besides myself were in on that one??

Are we limited to a certain number of sets?

Thanks in advance,
Todd

digger

wow

Post by digger » Tue May 30, 2006 9:42 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Not my cup of tea, but aren't those 21c figures? I wonder how the company that was too ethical to put swastikas on their German aircraft came up with this :roll: The figures do look good, from a paint/sculpt point of view.
Nobody ever said anything about ethics with respect to the markings, did they? I think you might have made that up.

Anyway, thank you Corey for having the onions to stock these, my order is on the way. And thank you also for not playing the pre-order game, very refreshing quite frankly.

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Tue May 30, 2006 9:51 pm

Looks good to me. I'm getting a set.
I sent you a PM Corey. :)
They seem to be previous head sculps. I can see Major Von Schnitzel in there.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue May 30, 2006 9:59 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Not my cup of tea, but aren't those 21c figures? I wonder how the company that was too ethical to put swastikas on their German aircraft came up with this :roll: The figures do look good, from a paint/sculpt point of view.
FYI, I suspect 21st Century only left swastikas off of some of their German planes because larger retailers like Wal-mart and Toys R Us requested (read: demanded) it. 21st had swastika decal sheets that they provided to smaller retailers for certain planes, that could be passed along to the end-consumer who wanted to decorate their plane more authentically.
Corey Stinson

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue May 30, 2006 10:01 pm

WGP Klaus wrote:Isn't this the set that SBP at one time was taking preorders for?
Yes, that's correct.
WGP Klaus wrote: Are we limited to a certain number of sets?
The shopping cart will limit you to 18, but if you need more contact customer service for details.
Corey Stinson

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Tue May 30, 2006 11:08 pm

Didn't SBP have it going for $150 or something outrageous like that. If so you got a better price than they did. How limited are they? Are they numbered or something like that? Just wondering. Thanks
momaw nadon

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed May 31, 2006 3:28 am

21c has no qualms that i'm aware of about putting swastikas on german items, where historically correct. They were just restricted by retailers (and certain elements of the public), not wanting them to be seen in toy stores.

I think this set is very interesting and excellent value...and i am pretty sure that once they're gone, they're gone.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Wed May 31, 2006 3:55 am

momaw nadon wrote:Didn't SBP have it going for $150 or something outrageous like that.
Yes, I believe so.
momaw nadon wrote: If so you got a better price than they did.
That or they were just determined to make a huge profit from the set. We'll never know.
momaw nadon wrote: How limited are they?
Are they numbered or something like that?
Yes, they're numbered. According to the ltd. edition sticker each set is number 'X' of 5000. However, I can tell you that the manufacturer is apparently only reserving the right to produce that many because only about 1/2 of that amount were actually produced thus far. I am doubtful that a second production run will ever be fired up unless this item is a barnstormer of a seller.

Because the sticker says one thing and the actual production run says another, I didn't post the confusing details of this to the web site but at least you guys now know.
Corey Stinson

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed May 31, 2006 5:16 am

Ok, i just broke down and bought a set myself. Thanks Corey.

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Wed May 31, 2006 9:54 pm

ORDERED MINE, NEVER THOUGHT THEY WOULD SURFACE AFTER LOSING $180US COLD WHEN THE PRE-ORDER WITH SMALL BLUE PLANET WENT BUST & THEY STOPPED REPLYING TO MY REQUEST FOR A REFUND. YES THEY WERE $150 A BOX, SO I SEE THIS FIGURE OF $90 QUITE REASONABLE UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:19 am

SBP never replied to any questions I ever asked them. I'm real sorry you got stiffed with it. Did you report it to your credit card company? They will usually reimburse you and go after the retailer for a refund.

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:26 pm

THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN. ITS THE ONLY BAD TRANSCATION IN OVER 200 PURCHASES, SO I GUESS I SHOULD NOT COMPLAIN. BEING IN AUSTRALIA IT JUST SEEMED TO HARD TO RESOLVE FROM HERE. JUST HAPPY AFTER NEARLY A YEAR THIS ITEM HAS RE-APPEARED. I MUST SAY I FIND THE SMALLJOES SITE THE BEST FOR EASE OF BUYING WITH STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS & IMMEDIATE POSTAGE CALCULATION. HOPE TO USE THEM MORE OFTEN.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:49 pm

I agree.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:40 pm

I ordered my set! Can't pass it up, you know!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]