Who is ToyHQ or "JJ's Closet"?

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

Who is ToyHQ or "JJ's Closet"?

Post by digger » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:26 pm

Is it a member here? I am interested to know as I have just gotten a newsletter from them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:46 pm

Good question, I received an e-mail from them too. I don't believe I have ever dealt with this company or person. :?: :?:....... :?

-Rob

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:40 pm

I just received one too. Are they not associated, somewhat , with Admiral Toys? For some reason I seem to remember when the first news of their F-86 came out, it had something to do with JJ's Closet.
:? JOC

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:43 pm

I just went to Admirals Website and checked their links. Its there under Toy Headquarters. Seems JJ's has a new name. Now, how to find out how out email addresses got to them??????????????
JOC

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:18 pm

JJ's Closet was at the airshow in Houston last year with a preproduction F-86. This is where I found out about them, Admiral Toys, and the F-86. I see them on ebay alot too. I seem to have wound up on their e-mail list too. Don't know how they got everybodys e-mail address.

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:18 am

Did you guys order F-86s? Or give out an e-mail for site updates? I didn't get this newsletter myself...

digger

well...

Post by digger » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:54 am

I have seen JJs on ebay and who knows I might have ordered from them over the years but they do not have my ebay email - they have my personal email I use with some members of this board.

That said, I love AT and I am so glad they are in the mix but if ToyHQ is their alter-ego (or retail partner) then somebody needs to fess up about where they got the email list...

(On a side note - I like getting newsletters and do almost all my shopping online, so it is not the email itself that I mind).

Trojan99
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Trojan99 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:26 am

The Toy Head Quarters sells on eBay as "thetoyhq". They sell Dragon Armor, the Admiral F-86, and a lot of other toys. The eBay store has a link to their [email protected] which lists the following contact info:

JJ's Closet
1451 Post Oak Lane
Bartonville Texas 762269
940-455-2306.

The JJ's Closet website also has a link to Admiral Toys.

Admiral Toys website lists the following mailing address & phone numbers:

P.O. Box 271405 Flower Mound, TX 75027-1405
214-517-8698
940-382-5900 (Wharehouse)
940-455-7075 (Corp)

And Admiral Toys has a link to The Toy Head Quarters.

Tim

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:37 pm

Tim:
I received a letter from Admiral Toys concerning a broken part and the address you show in Bartonville, TX is the same one they used in the letter.
The mystery continues....................................................

MG-42

Mystery ????

Post by MG-42 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:19 pm

Yeah,.....I got an "Update" e-mail from them too. I had dealt with JJ's in the past before,...but this has been the first "Newsletter" I had ever received from them. .....Hmmm ? ... :roll:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:32 am

Trojan99 wrote:The Toy Head Quarters sells on eBay as "thetoyhq". They sell Dragon Armor, the Admiral F-86, and a lot of other toys. The eBay store has a link to their [email protected] which lists the following contact info:

JJ's Closet
1451 Post Oak Lane
Bartonville Texas 762269
940-455-2306.

The JJ's Closet website also has a link to Admiral Toys.

Admiral Toys website lists the following mailing address & phone numbers:

P.O. Box 271405 Flower Mound, TX 75027-1405
214-517-8698
940-382-5900 (Wharehouse)
940-455-7075 (Corp)

And Admiral Toys has a link to The Toy Head Quarters.

Tim
I could possibly shed some light on this. I live in North Dallas area only two miles away from the Bartonville address and 5 miles from the Flower Mound city limits. When I first started collecting, I noticed that the JJs Closet had items on-line that I was interested in buying. To avoid the shipping/bidding fees on Ebay/on-line store, I thought maybe that the JJs Closet vendor had a typical store front that I could visit. I went by the posted address and basicly this is a house with a large detached garage/work-space that sits on 1/2 acre lot. I then emailed questions to him/them and no response. I too have wondered about AT being so close to where I live since they are in Flower Mound but have not done any further investigative work on my part.
So it stands that JJs maybe just an on-line vendor and that perhaps either collects data from those that visit their on-line store or may have some special arrangement with AT in data sharing? If anyone has any other suggestions?

MG-42

JJ's Closet

Post by MG-42 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:59 am

Yeah,....I knew the man & wife team ran the business from their residence. The guy,..I forget his name,..is a commercial Airline pilot. I've actually spoke with them over the telephone in the past. They are very nice people,..at least they were friendly to me,..and always answered my questions. I've got their names written down somewhere. It's been at least a year since I last spoke to them. I might,..or you might try giving them a call and ask them "whats up",..especially w/ AT.
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:08 pm

I bought a Corsair from JJ's Closet years ago and it was a very smooth transaction. The guys name is Jason. I believe him to be same Jason at Admiral
Toys. Warhawker, I have relatives in Flower Mound and will be visiting them in April . I met nathanita about a month ago at Christina's on FM 1171. Maybe we can all get together and check out Admiral
toys or shamelessly bribe him with lunch!
I'll send you a PM.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by der Vogelfänger » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:49 pm

almost listed inaccurate information...oops

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:37 am

Jason wrote:

"We like to keep the two entities separated, but it may be clear to all of you that Admiral Toys Incorporated owns The Toy Headquarters (The Toy HQ). Admiral Toys acquired JJ’s Closet in the past year and changed its name to The Toy HQ. The Toy HQ is a good source of income for Admiral Toys Incorporated. We apologize for any confusion. Our marketing programmer used both email databases when mailing out the TheToyHQ news letter. If you do not want to receive the news letter from The Toy HQ please click on the unregister button to be removed from the list.

I have not stated our ownership of this retailer on this website as it would be a violation of advertising on this site. I do not want you to feel that this post is advertising for The Toy HQ in any fashion. I just wanted to clear up some genuine concerns regarding the control of our email list. We did not sell or give your information to any company not owned by Admiral Toys Incorporated.

Furthermore, Admiral Toys Incorporated does own a shipping and receiving warehouse in Denton, Texas. We are not open to the public; therefore, we accept visitors by appointment only. If any of you would like to stop by and take a look, feel free to contact us. I probably will not be there, as I work out of our Houston office.

A manufacturer owning a controlling interest in a retail store is not uncommon in this industry. Look into who owned the once viable Small Blue Planet, and you may be surprised.

We hope this did not cause you any troubles.

Regards,

Jason

p.s. I did not own, work for, or was associated with JJ’s Closet before the purchase by Admiral Toys Incorporated. Therefore Kamikaze, you are mistaken about your assumption, although I am very happy that you had a very smooth transaction."
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

ok..

Post by digger » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:34 am

Jason, many thanks for clearing that up. It does give some peace of mind and answers some questions (while raising others - who did own SBP :| ?).

Thank you also for respecting the unwritten rules of retail advertising around here - I only wish some others exercised similar restraint. :wink:

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:48 pm

Sorry about the mistaken identity thing. I hate it when I do that! However, the offer for lunch still stands even if it is in Houston :x . I would enjoy chatting with you about the future of our hobby.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Morian Miner

Re: ok..

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:26 pm

digger wrote:Jason, many thanks for clearing that up. It does give some peace of mind and answers some questions (while raising others - who did own SBP :| ?).

Thank you also for respecting the unwritten rules of retail advertising around here - I only wish some others exercised similar restraint. :wink:
I seem to recall a while back there was a discussion thread (maybe on the old board) about 21C's shipping address on customer service, or maybe phone number, was the same as SBP. I have no idea, just something I remember. Kinda figured that was why SBP was going to get the SS figure set.

As for retail stores being "in the family" with manufacturer's - cool. If it helps get new products by supporting manufacturing in the development phase, that's a good thing. Who else know customer's real wants besides these stores. A gas valve manufacturer I worked for was started up by a sales rep who was familiar with the likes/dislikes of the customers. And for the model train geeks, Charles Ro is the one who started USA Trains.