In Search of JSI 1/18 F-14 Tom Cat....( UP-DATE 12/6/17)

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
f56tbird
Corporal
Corporal

In Search of JSI 1/18 F-14 Tom Cat....( UP-DATE 12/6/17)

Post by f56tbird » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:52 am

Gentlemen...
I know this item has been off the shelves for quite awhile and some of the prices I have seen on ebay require taking out a second mortgage on your house but perhaps some of our members here on the board can shed a light on some options. Here is my situation...
Have a personal best friend that I have known since high school that went into the navy after college and became a pilot that flew F-14's. He flew tomcats in the first gulf (90-91) war up until the F-14 was taken out of front line service.., retired and then replaced by the FA-18 super hornet. I am looking for a 1/18th scale F-14 that can be in any condition.., complete with no major parts broken.. missing or in repairable condition. A non lighted version is preferred. I am very familiar with the construction and how this model is put together and can repair just about any kind of damage short of a truck running it over. The model I am planning to do will be completely disassembled.., sanded.., seams filled.., re-painted with custom cartograph invisi-clear type decaling and weathered to represent the exact F-14 he flew. Once completed it will be presented to him at an event here in Florida honoring navy pilots that served in the gulf war conflict along with WW-2 veterans who will be attending as well. Of course this is all contingent on a F-14 model if one can be located and hopefully at a reasonable price with shipping included. If this is something any of our members can help me with I would be most and eternally grateful. I can be contacted here or directly at [email protected]. to discuss in detail and answer any questions or concerns anyone might have. Thank you all in advance and happy holidays..
John G..

Up-Date..12/6/17..
To all members for your considerations and suggestions..., 2 F-14 Tomcats have been located.., one spot cat and one black knights. A very reasonable deal and price has been struck and this project can move foreword. Thank you all again and happy holidays.
John G.
There was a demon that lived in the air. They said that whoever challanged him would die. He lived behind a barrier through which they said no man could ever pass. They called it..., the sound barrier..