Shipping Idiots!

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Axis Nightmare
Officer - Brigadier General

Shipping Idiots!

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:32 am

Apologies to anyone who works for the USPS but it's the first description that popped in my head. This package:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 6244027206

Left Nevada and went the wrong direction to California. :? I'm in Ohio. Stayed at the facility for only a few minutes, likely because it wasn't supposed to be there, and was shipped out to another California facility. :shock: Well they kept it a while and sent it back to the first California facility likely because they weren't supposed to have it either and their computer system probably had no way to send it to Ohio or even in the right general dirction from there. After a couple of days,the first Cal. place sent it out again. It ended up in Iowa( :!: ) which is still no where near Ohio but at least east finally.

I find it hard to believe there is no way to ship a package from Nevada, or in this case California directly to Ohio or at least somewhere hundreds of miles closer than Iowa! No wonder they are losing so much money. They are obsessed with sorting facilities but the routing makes no sense. This package has been transported 5 times already and still is nearly 500 miles from here! Each time it is transported, the chances of damage increase as they dump bin loads of boxes at each facility onto conveyer belts so putting "fragile" on the box is a bad joke. They need less sorting and more delivering!!

This one trumps my previous favorite that went from Pennsylvania, either right over or right through Cincinnati, another 100 miles past to Louisville before being "sorted" and returned back up I-71 to Cincinnati where it was geographically on a plane or in a truck days earlier.

Based on outrageous shipping rates, this is pretty poor customer service. There should be a full refund for this debacle. :x

Late update: Strangely enough, it arrived at several destinations during its journey without departing from the previous location according to the flawed tracking. It is allegedly in Cincinnati at or course.....you guessed it....a SORTING FACILITY!!! :lol: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 6244027206
Last edited by Axis Nightmare on Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

YT

Re: Shipping Idiots!

Post by YT » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:35 am

Gubernment efficiency. USPS is always my illustrative case study for single payer medicine.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:50 pm

I feel for you, YT!

I had a similar thing happen a few weeks ago with I parcel I sent for my company within California from one city to another within the state. The parcel went to the destination mail distribution center, was out for delivery but apparently never got delivered, then got sent back to my area's center, then went back to the other place whence it finally got delivered. Thankfully it arrived as the package contained payment from clients. What should have been 2-3 days max using USPS Priority turned into about 10 days. After that, USPS lost a little more credibility with me :roll:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:42 pm

If I were to ship a package to someone in town it would go to a sorting facility 45 miles away and then back. Used to be a sorting facility in but they closed it to centralize!

Ray

USCGMK2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by USCGMK2 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:19 pm

Sounds about right. I love when they go waaaaaayyyyy past where there supposed to be going and then back. I still have a package floating somewhere between Miami, Fl and St. Thomas, USVI from 2009 with USPS. I shipped one package to somewhere in New England from Mississippi and it ended up in Puerto Rico for what looked to be about a day before they figured it out. I've had 2 so far that were "delivered" but nowhere to be found, one showed up after I called and complained by the end of the day and the other showed up 2 days later. Yesterday I was supposed to get a couple things and the tracking showed business closed yet we were open, got delivered today thankfully. Waiting on a Clutch master cylinder now i ordered from California, tracking shows in transit with no updates in 2 weeks, but supposed to be delivered monday, we'll see.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:21 pm

I once had a USPS shipment go from Chicago, down to Kansas, then to Texas and back to Oklahoma..
No telling why...lol
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

tparkhere
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by tparkhere » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:34 am

I agree 100% with everyone regarding sometimes USPS do its business illogically. However, I only use USPS for one reason, price.

I sell many of my military diecast on Ebay (I won't discuss about this truly illogical company). From my past experience, USPS is almost always the cheapest option. UPS and Fedex charge their shipping cost by not only the shipping distance but also the remoteness of the final destination. As an example, for shipping a package to a remote location in the middle of USA, USPS would charge more or less $!0. However, Fed EX and UPS would charge $14-$16.

The amount of annual shipping volume for USPS is huge. FedEx's annual shipping volume is what USPS handle in one day. UPS annual shipping volume is what USPS handle in three days. Since we subsidize USPS, it charges less than the actual cost. According to Wall Street Journal, since USPS charges less than the market price, even FedEx and UPS use USPS for certain shipping. If USPS is allow to charge like a business rather than a government service, then they will make enough profit to upgrade itself.

I have shipped 2500+ packages by USPS. I had some broken diecast, shipping delay, etc. But, the problem is so rare, I just accept it as the cost of doing "business."

Since I have done enough shipping, I came to appreciate this ugly mutt called USPS.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:07 am

tparkhere wrote:According to Wall Street Journal, since USPS charges less than the market price, even FedEx and UPS use USPS for certain shipping. If USPS is allow to charge like a business rather than a government service, then they will make enough profit to upgrade itself.
True. I've watched tracking show UPS dropping off my stuff at my local post office rather than bring it straight to me.

YT

Post by YT » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:07 am

The real problem with USPS financially is funding the ridiculous bloated pension system. The same thing that is bankrupting most systems of government in this country. Instead of addressing that because of political implications they consolidate, cut services and raise rates. No one wants to kill the golden goose.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:32 pm

When the USPS works, it works fine. When it doesn't, it gets all kinds of *#%^$!- up. :shock:
I sent payment for an item, 2 day priority which took 8 days. It was sent to north western Connecticut
from the south shore of Long Island, it just needed to go north........but some of the good folks at the
USPS thought it should go north east to Boston, Massachusetts for 4 or 5 days of R and R. :twisted:

When payment got to its intended destination the guy I was dealing with sent my package standard mail,
It took 2 as in two days :x to get to me. :?

Oh this is another good one....."Your item is out for delivery" ....yeah for a fricken week...... :P