On the hunt for three particular Franklin Mint B-17s

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
toyktdlgh
Officer - Brigadier General

On the hunt for three particular Franklin Mint B-17s

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:54 pm

I’m looking to see if there is anyone out there that has one of these planes and is looking at letting them go in the future. I know since the line dried up a while back many have decided to get away from the Franklin Mint line. That being said I focused on the B-17s and still have these three outstanding. Let me know if you have one you would consider selling. I’ll be looking to pick one or all up after Christmas. :wink:

<br>
<br>

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: On the hunt for three particular Franklin Mint B-17s

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:40 pm

These are awesome models I hope you find these, I just can't believe I passed on the FM 1/48 B-24 at biglots it was only $15.00 on Black Friday back when 21st was still around!
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Well I need to complete this collection someday so I thought I would start the process. I love these things but they are lacking in detail. I think their weight makes up for it. :wink: I had good luck with other B-17s here in the past so I thought I would try again.

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 am

toyktdlgh wrote:Well I need to complete this collection someday so I thought I would start the process. I love these things but they are lacking in detail. I think their weight makes up for it. :wink: I had good luck with other B-17s here in the past so I thought I would try again.
Detail can be an issue for these, had an He-111 when they first came out, there were several issues with how it was made, but up on a better note, I still had one! :lol:
But... Sold it it some lucky guy for little over $50 on evilbay a little while back... :(
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Kevin:

I think I was one who sold you a Nine O Nine awhile back.

Yes they are hard to find these days. I have the two Franklin Mint A-10's from the 111th Fighter Wing, PA Air National Guard they did and I am never giving them up given the 111th was based near where I live. Always thought it was cool they did those two planes from that unit.

Best of luck with your search. Given Franklin Mint was based in this area, sometimes the pieces come up in the local antique and flea market style shops around here. If I happen to see any of these B-17's in my travels I will let you know.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:19 am

Thanks Corey. That gorgeous Nine-0-Nine is the cornerstone of my collection. :wink: It’s a beautiful plane.