SCAM ALERT

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
snake
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: SCAM ALERT

Post by snake » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:See, I said this thread will never die. My comment "Stupid is......" was not aimed at our Brazilian friend, at all, it was aimed at a target closer. Guys that read jokes and don't see jokes, they see the dreaded "racist" rants. Oh, the horror. 8)

TTT

So your "Stupid is" comment is actually aimed at somebody.

Seems like your so called "jokes" are actually vindictive, demeaning, and targeted at people.

I don't care what sort of spin you want to put on this, it is insulting to who ever you have "targeted", with your 'just in fun" comments. :wink:

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:05 pm

This thread isn't about Luis anymore, it's now about one guy that does not like comments he says are "insulting" to him and this same guy throws around a "racist" label like he knows what he is talking about. Now that is "insulting". :roll:

This thread has been bitten by a vampire and will only die if it is locked down. It has become very tedious.

I'll try again to walk away but I keep "being pulled back". Now, that is funny. :?

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:30 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote: My comment "Stupid is......" was not aimed at our Brazilian friend, at all, it was aimed at a target closer. Guys that read jokes and don't see jokes, they see the dreaded "racist" rants. Oh, the horror. 8)

Another joke. See, I realize now that I'll just have to indicate when a joke pops up, for you PC humorless types. I'm up to that. :roll:

TTT
This is pathetic.

And I say this without emoticons of disdain, contempt and scorn
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

snake

Post by snake » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:18 am

Nothing funny about it at all.

You said you would walk away from this, yet you keep posting without any further provocation. :roll:

"That's for dang sure"

You seem to be a big, blustering bully, who attempted to use the humour excuse, to insult and degrade people. People that are members of this forum.

This is in no way about me, but about you, your comments, and your behaviour.

You came on here expecting to say whatever you wanted to, in whatever fashion you wanted, with the caveat of "just joking", with no response. Well I have responded, and obviously you don't like what I have to say.

Much as I don't really care for what you have to say either.

Why don't walk away as you said you were going to do, and I will do the same.

However, if you want to keep sparring, more than happy to take you on buddy. :D

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:19 am

IRT TTT

You put your foot in it with the "We don' need no stinking badges" comment, dude.

That was a deliberate slur based on your assumption that Luiz was Mexican.

Brazilians don't even speak Spanish, not that that's the issue, but it displays ignorance on your part.

Perhaps I should make assumptions about you being from "Joisey" and paint you with the stereotypes regarding your state.

Has nothing to do with being PC; you made a crack on someone and tried to cover yourself with a "just joking" when most folk only joke that way with close friends who get they're just joking. Not a stranger who has already suffered some bashing prior to your comment. For all intents and purposes it looked like you were just ladling on more abuse.

But then I'm not surprised as I've noticed the trend in many posts you've made in the past.

Just saying.

Snake's not the bad guy here, dude.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:58 am

Seriously, do you guys have nothing else better to do? TTT is a long time, outstanding board member here. Maybe he made a crack and didn’t think it all the way through before posting. I’ll say this for sure, the way you guys all jumped on him immediately put him on the defensive. After that, getting the response from him you are all hoping for will never happen. A simple “I’m not sure that was appropriate” would have been enough. Instead everyone kept on pushing and now we have an entire page dedicated to what TTT posted. He said it was a joke and maybe it was in bad taste. Let’s move on. :roll:

As for Mecanico, I believe his ability to communicate is an issue to consider when considering trading with him. It’s apparent to me that with a little work you can get the general idea of what he’s talking about however some may not want to deal with that. For me it’s not a huge issue however I routinely do not sell out of the U.S. so it’s an even a bigger non issue. :D

I wish Mecanico best of luck in his future trades on this board and again invite him to explore and comment in some of the other areas besides just the BST forum. :?

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 am

First off, I had decided I would'nt get involved with this thread, but after reading it several times and watching the comments, I must add that I feel there was no intent on Charlies (TTT) part to insult anyone, I could tell in his posts he was just joking.

For Luiz, welcome aboard, it seems sad that how we really are now getting to know you is from a transaction that had a few problems, come back talk to us more. the more you interact with the group the easier it will be to understand you ( thats not meant as any type of dig, I work with Indians, Saudis and very many people from Brazil as other countries) I have found that as hard as it is for me to understand them, they have the same problem understanding me.

I think this post needs to just cool off, lets move on to something else, hopefully Luiz will come back and get invovled in the other threads, so we all get to know him better.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:03 am

I have tried to walk away from this thread twice but a few of you humorless PC types keep at it, attacking me like their words should be chiseled in stone and I should have a scarlet letter on my forehead.

It is very obvious that you guys feel that you can say anything you want about me but I should not respond.

I made a joke and was called a racist. That was not a joke and was totally uncalled for, but you don't see that at all. My joke was not intended to infer that Luiz was a Mexican. The fact that he was Brazilian was obvious enough and his shipping problem was the cause of this thread. Most of us know that some countries have customs delays and are notorious for loosing packages.

I'll try again to walk away again but continued attacks on me and even my "past posts" will bring me back to respond. I'll be like the bad penny and will keep coming back.

TTT

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:29 am

The mere fact you keep referring to people as "humorless PC types" simply shows you have an innate bias and does nothing to clear you.

Assuming I was one of those you were referring to, I can assure you I am light years away from being PC but I crack unseemly jokes in the presence of company that understands my dark humor.

In addition, it was your comment that was called racist.

Not you.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:49 am

Boy, my absence didn't last long, did it? I am in no way or form attempting to "CLEAR ME".

I have not done or said anything to warrant me attempting to "CLEAR ME'.

This is not an inquisition. Starting to sound like one though.

This forum was started with the intention of not having guys put "flame boots" to other members. That's exactly what "you guys" are attempting to do to me in response to a joke, whether funny or not depending on your disposition.

This entire matter is very boring.

Evidentially not over though. :roll:

TTT

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Jeez

Looks like I may have to put my 2 cents in.

I have had dealing with almost all of you guys who have contributed to this thread.

All of you have been kind and easy to deal with.

Except the gentleman from Brazil. I have no dealings with him, yet.

I have had plenty of dealings with Triple TTT.

It is totally unfair to have loaded up on him and he feels he needs to defend himself.

He is one of the easiest guys to get along with and to put the R label on him ?

Come on everybody lighten up .

This was a bad situation that ended with a happy note.

Please God everybody take a deep breath and back up off of yourselves.

OK back to XD salt mine for me.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:28 pm

Really, as pickelhaube said, take a breath, think about it and let it go, we all are on here for a reason, because we enjoy collecting models, no matter what era, myself, I don't get into modern stuff, but I'm very interested when its posted.

This whole thing started off as a misunderstanding, that has seemed to be resolved, as we often do, remarks are made in a off hand matter, for what ever reason, they where taken wrong this time.

I appreciate everyones views, but put in context, I believe this got bigger than it should have, lets let this one pass and maybe learn off it.

Jim

astronut1885
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by astronut1885 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:18 am

Just an FYI This "LUIZ" is also on facebook badgering anyone posting about 1/18 aircraft, check out BBI's page and some guy's post about his BadCat exclusive F-16.

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Alright guys, this thread has gotten out of hand, so I'm locking it down. We're starting to get a reputation as being a unwelcoming and rather attacking board, and we need to really watch more what we say. Some people make mistakes, some people don't know any better. When money gets involved, it's easy to jump to conclusions, especially with all the craziness going on in the B/S/T forum lately. While I think it's good to call out those that are or might be out to harm others through scams or other things, we need to make posting about it here on the boards the LAST step when everything has fallen through.