WTB British 1/32 Firefly Crews

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
scwarlord
Corporal
Corporal

WTB British 1/32 Firefly Crews

Post by scwarlord » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:44 pm

I would like to buy the British tank crews that came with the 21st Century Firefly tank. Only the distintive British troops with berets or officer's caps. Email me if you can help. Thanks.

digimatt
Corporal
Corporal

Re: WTB British 1/32 Firefly Crews

Post by digimatt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:52 am

I don't recall there being British specific crew figures. I think the Firefly came, at best, with one of the seated American crew figures.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,

Matt

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Matt, you are correct. There were two versions of the Firefly and only one which came with figures. The figures were the standard 32x seated US tanker and standing US Tank Commander figures. I want to say these came with the S2 version of the Firefly that was at TRU and had the solid green cammo.

The only British tank crew figures that have come with a pre-built 1:32 scale vehicle are those that came with the Forces of Valor Matilda and M3 Grant tanks.

The Matilda commander figure has the grey beret with headphones, kahki desert fatigues, and is standing while holding up a pair of binoculars in one hand.

The Grant tank commander figure has the beret (no headphones), kahki desert fatigues, is holding binoculars and is sculpted in sort of a "leaning" position, so that it sort of leans forward out of the hatch (as opposed to standing fully erect). I believe this figure was sculpted with a passing likeness to General Montgomery.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

scwarlord
Corporal
Corporal

Post by scwarlord » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:42 pm

I'm familiar with the FOV Brit crewmen. The figures I am seeking are in 21st Century Firefly boxes. I have seen them online and at shows. I do have the Fireflys that came with 2 US crewmen, and a set that came without crew when 21st was cutting costs.

Unless I am completely delusional, I'll keep looking for these figures.