ebay "golden hour" to end an auction

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

ebay "golden hour" to end an auction

Post by Cabe » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:54 am

What is the best time on weekdays and /or weekends to end and auction?
Morning or evening?
And what hour? Like in my case I am in central time zone. What would be the right time to get both Pacific and eastern time zones involved? Or does it make more sense to concentrate on one or the other?
What would be the perfect time to end an auction in central time zone?
what is better 3, 5 or 7 days auctions?
One one day auctions? Buy it now or starting price or one without the other? Or just throw it in and pray they bid more than a buck?

mainly I am asking about best time to end an auction in the central time zone
see my art and model gallery at http://www.cabebooth.com

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:11 am

I'd say 9PM Central that way it's still early enough for Eastern and late enough for Pacific to be home from work. I usually list 7 or 10 day ending on Sunday. Buy it now is fine if you know what it's going to sell for, I rarely use it and just start everything at $9.99 and hope for the best.
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:51 am

I have read that mid evening on Friday, Saturday or Sunday is the best time to end an auction. The most viewers are online in that time.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Booga
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Booga » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:31 pm

I don't think Friday or Saturday night is a good time to end because thats when alot of people go out. 8:00pm central seems like the best time.

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:57 pm

For auction style listings I've always ended them at 8-9PM EST on Sundays. I read somewhere years ago that those were the best times to end them so I went with that. It's worked out pretty well but sometimes for items that sell well or for stuff that I just wanted to get rid of I've deviated.

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Back when I sold a lot of volume on ebay. My favorite spot was always thrusday @ 8 pm central. Most folks got paid on Friday and I didn't have to wait a week for payment plus it seems like I would get more hits because people new they had a little money coming in to spend the next day.
Is that you John Wayne, this is me!!