Good Trader Report - PART 2 - Post good Trade stories here!

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Good Trader Report - PART 2 - Post good Trade stories he

Post by JOC » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:32 am

Hope you like that Unusual Corsair?
Thanks for a smooth transaction.
JOC

Jwcarpenter
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jwcarpenter » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Hello just a huge shout out to MR JOC. For a smooth transaction. He packed the package well and the parts arrived at lightning speed.

Thank you Jay,

Janos.

USCGMK2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by USCGMK2 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:51 pm

Smooth transaction with Coreyeagle48. Thanks again.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:00 pm

Just completed a smooth transaction with Coreyeagle48 for a 21c Stuka. I've bought, sold, and traded with Corey for 10 years and he's never let me down once. Stellar member to deal with :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

USCGMK2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by USCGMK2 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:50 pm

Great dealing with Pizzaguy for a set of F-14 metal landing gear.

USCGMK2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by USCGMK2 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:51 pm

Great dealing with Pickelhaube for the V-1 rocket dolly.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Just got my set of M-113 Turret Shields from Pickelhaube. I've bought and sold with him - and built a number of his kits - over the past several years and Pickelhaube has never disappointed :D

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:08 pm

I received my V-1 Transport Dolly kit from Pickelhaube today. Fantastic kit and I'm looking forward to building it :D

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:54 pm

Greetings

Had a great deal with Aferg! Aferg supplied some parts that got my F-104 back into perfect shape and looking fantastic on display

Thanks Andy!

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:34 pm

Flyboy sent me some 1:18 tanks at a great price and they arrived today in perfect condition.
He's a very talented and skilled Artist as well as a great contributor to this forum!
Normandy.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:56 am

flyboy_fx sent me a cool 1/16 T-34 wrapped well and shipped fast.
Can't go wrong with flyboy_fx!
Thanks very much!
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

coogrfan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by coogrfan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:38 am

USCGMK2 helped me out with some parts for a HM P-51D. Thanks, dude. :mrgreen:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:37 pm

Last week I completed an excellent transaction with PizzaGuy, who built a professional custom model of the TA-183. His communication of the long build process was excellent and I am thrilled with the final product. He even remembered some extra items, including an F-4 stand and extra gun sight pieces I had requested when we started the process last summer. Thanks a bunch and you've got yet another fan of your professional work!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:43 pm

I just had a dealing with Panther F for the 1:18 scale Red Tails P-51, the 21c Tuskegee Airman plane. Communication, payment, etc. went very well and smoothly.

However upon receiving the box this past weekend, I found that it had been damaged during shipping, enough to puncture the box. To make matters worse, the prop blades on the P-51 were snapped. While the aircraft was disassembled and parts were wrapped in bubble wrap, the items were not as securely packed in the box as they could have been - and should have been - for a rare aircraft model. The result that when the boxed was damaged during shipping, the model was damaged as well. Further, there was only a partial figure in the cockpit as it was missing the lower leg pieces for some reason. That was not fully disclosed before I made the purchase.

I have contacted Panther F about this, and can live with the partial figure, but the snapped prop blades are disappointing. As the package was not insured, there is not much recourse to be had. He did try to cut costs on the shipping and at $70 flat it was certainly a good deal for the 21c Tuskegee P-51, however, I did offer to pay additional above the $70 flat price for shipping and that wasn't acted on. I did not ask for insurance, but it was never offered all the same.

Lessons learned:
-- When sending models, they need to be very securely wrapped and insulated in the package. Using a lot of padding, especially around delicate parts, is crucial. No matter the service used, it should always be assumed that something could happen to the package. Packing peanuts, while messy, work wonders for insulation.
-- Models should be insured for shipping, no matter the service used, so there is recourse for either the seller or buyer in case a package is lost or damaged.
-- Thoroughly vet the condition of the model and accessories before making a purchase.

I do not wish Panther F any ill will or anything like that as there were things done on both our sides that could have been done differently and would have caused a different outcome. However, I did want to let others know it happened, so both buyers and sellers will take appropriate actions in the future.

I've found a buyer for the aircraft parts and am moving on from this.

Winterstar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Winterstar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:06 am

I've picked up a plane or two from AV-8B Driver.

Very smooth, and the guy is personable. Using etsy is about as easy as ebay.

Cheers!

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:37 am

tmanthegreat wrote:I just had a dealing with Panther F for the 1:18 scale Red Tails P-51, the 21c Tuskegee Airman plane. Communication, payment, etc. went very well and smoothly.

However upon receiving the box this past weekend, I found that it had been damaged during shipping, enough to puncture the box. To make matters worse, the prop blades on the P-51 were snapped. While the aircraft was disassembled and parts were wrapped in bubble wrap, the items were not as securely packed in the box as they could have been - and should have been - for a rare aircraft model. The result that when the boxed was damaged during shipping, the model was damaged as well. Further, there was only a partial figure in the cockpit as it was missing the lower leg pieces for some reason. That was not fully disclosed before I made the purchase.

I have contacted Panther F about this, and can live with the partial figure, but the snapped prop blades are disappointing. As the package was not insured, there is not much recourse to be had. He did try to cut costs on the shipping and at $70 flat it was certainly a good deal for the 21c Tuskegee P-51, however, I did offer to pay additional above the $70 flat price for shipping and that wasn't acted on. I did not ask for insurance, but it was never offered all the same.

Lessons learned:
-- When sending models, they need to be very securely wrapped and insulated in the package. Using a lot of padding, especially around delicate parts, is crucial. No matter the service used, it should always be assumed that something could happen to the package. Packing peanuts, while messy, work wonders for insulation.
-- Models should be insured for shipping, no matter the service used, so there is recourse for either the seller or buyer in case a package is lost or damaged.
-- Thoroughly vet the condition of the model and accessories before making a purchase.

I do not wish Panther F any ill will or anything like that as there were things done on both our sides that could have been done differently and would have caused a different outcome. However, I did want to let others know it happened, so both buyers and sellers will take appropriate actions in the future.

I've found a buyer for the aircraft parts and am moving on from this.

Earlier I sent 3 planes in ONE HUGE box to CA by UPS and they made it safely. In that box was the P38 too... a large plane!

The last plane I sent I was talked into shipping it the cheapest way and as the buyer was quoted, "doesn't matter how long it takes, just as long as it gets here".

Well, he didn't ask for or get insurance but the side of the box was "kicked in" as he described in his photos but then asked ME what I would do for him. NO AMOUNT of wrapping or peanuts inside the box could have saved the contents from damage after being kicked in like that!!! If we had gone UPS (like I had wanted) instead of ground USPS he would have received up to $100 dollars insurance included.

I was willing to work with him on the pilot but I find it troubling that he has already found a buyer for the parts JUST after one day of receiving the box. Sounds suspicious to me.

If I cannot sell these planes I might as well throw them out because it is tough work taking them apart, cocooning them in bubble-wrap and making a box for them. I am moving at the end of the year and thought a few guys might enjoy these and I was lowering the price on each of them.

Too bad, so sellers BEWARE! I wanted to let others know what REALLY happened.

Jeff

Crazy Kraut
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Crazy Kraut » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:27 am

Got a good deal with rschaap.
Thanks Rudy.
Wir haben gehurt, gekämpft und gesoffen, des Führers Mühlen verbraucht, sind auf dem Zahnfleisch gekrochen, doch haben wir uns teuer verkauft.
JG300 Wilde Sau

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:49 pm

"Crazy Kraut" answered my want request and we negotiated a great deal. He did an outstanding packaging job and everything went smoothly. Thanks again Sven.

Crazy Kraut
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Crazy Kraut » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:52 pm

received my big case from flyboy today.
Perfect packaging job :D :D :D No way to do it better.
Thank you very much for that perfect deal.
Wir haben gehurt, gekämpft und gesoffen, des Führers Mühlen verbraucht, sind auf dem Zahnfleisch gekrochen, doch haben wir uns teuer verkauft.
JG300 Wilde Sau

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:53 am

Had a smoth transaction with slogan. A first class board memeber all the way. :D

Thanks again!

Dennis

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:03 am

Just completed a smooth transaction with Buckyroo. Great communication and fast shipping and well packaged item. Would deal with him again. Many thanks for the P-51 :D

Winterstar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Winterstar » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:42 pm

Echoing T-man, today I arrived home to a big box waiting on my doorstep from Buckyroo.Immaculately packed. Looking forward to putting it together this evening! Thanks again!

YT

Post by YT » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:24 pm

Had a smooth trade with Corey Eagle, thanks Corey!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:43 pm

Just completed a great trade for some Huey rocket pods with Razor17019. Quick shipping, great communication, and the items were well packed, Thanks Razor!
Builder and Collector of RC Aircraft

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Studly » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:05 pm

A Big Thanks to Buckyroo for a quick and smooth Transaction. Many Thanks Kris.

Cheers
Greg