Aferguson, wish you'd put EBAY plugs in a 'EBAY FS' thread

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Aferguson, wish you'd put EBAY plugs in a 'EBAY FS' thread

Post by holensock » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:25 pm

I read what you (Aferguson) said about one person selling too many items in seperate postings instead of listing everything in one post and how P-51 doesn't care for 'businesses' getting free advertising space on the BST Forum.
What else erks me on this BST Forum are all the posts directing members to go to EBAY! If someone HERE has something to sell, why not sell it HERE! And give US a chance to buy first!
The BST Forum should be for items to be SOLD ONLY HERE!
Ebay charges people to sell there, any plugs for Ebay-those sellers should pay P-51 a fee too.
Last edited by holensock on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:35 pm

interesting points......we've always allowed ebay posts as a courtesy, plus it gives people on here that may not notice it on ebay a chance to bid on it if desired.

As long as it's directly relevant to this hobby and isn't overly done i don't see a real problem with it. But if it gets carried away it will have to stop.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:45 pm

That is a good point, and I think that if you have an ebay post, put it in the Post Ebay Finds Here! instead of a seperate posting each time.
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

vmf214
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by vmf214 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:30 pm

Maybe I'm off but I count way more "on ebay" threads than "for sale and/or trade" threads (by the same folks). What's up with that?? :? IMO the board for BST wasn't/isn't chaotic at all, kinda a relief with seperate posts not to have to read thru a bunch of junk to see what someone is selling, trading, or wanting...and if their list has been updated or not...again just my opinion. Way better than the "How about a 1/18 B-52 yadayadayada threads... :wink:
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:41 pm

MIGMADMAVIS wrote:That is a good point, and I think that if you have an ebay post, put it in the Post Ebay Finds Here! instead of a seperate posting each time.
There you go. Post it there, not on here.
I consider this to be all of OUR GARAGE SALES! Stuff to be sold HERE AND NOW!
Besides, how many of us NEVER go to Ebay anyways to check things out?

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:48 pm

I counted 15 "on ebay" seperate posts just in the last week and a half, all by the same dude. I personally have never liked the ebay plugs and have mentioned it in the past. I have nothing against the folks who do it, just don't think it belongs here. This is a place for us the deal with each other, not hit an ebay link and compete with others outside our realm. Sorry aferg, but imo you were a little unfair with raider... :wink:
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:37 pm

I have no problem with posting up Ebay ad's on here, but what is with all the "Star Wars" crap.
What does that have to do with XD?

:?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:20 pm

well you're never going to get everyone to be of the same opinion...as we can see from the sampling of responses, some don't mind ebay posts, some hate them, some don't mind star wars ads, some don't want them to be here etc.

For now, we'll keep things the same, as i don't see any need for change. Star wars figures, being 4 inch are sort of peripherally related to XD, just like Indiana Jones figures will be etc.

It's just as easy to look over a list of items within a single thread as it is to scan a list of threads, each for an individual item and it keeps things from getting chaotic. Often people have numerous items for sale and if they started a new thread for each one sometimes we'd have two or more new pages of threads a day and some people's threads would quickly get pushed back further and further and be lost.....and that would result in more complaints. I received several pm'd complaints about raiderads multi thread postings, which is what alerted me to it in the first place....so again, many different opinions.

No system is perfect......the system we have works well......so we'll leave it.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:52 pm

I dont mind looking at ebay - but I will always buy from a forum member off ebay before I use ebay.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

digger

well..

Post by digger » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:55 pm

I would just suggest that if you are going to direct people to your ebay sales, limit the number of individual threads you make, as a courtesy. After all, it pushes down other posts and hogs the board.

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: well..

Post by WGP Klaus » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:01 pm

digger wrote:I would just suggest that if you are going to direct people to your ebay sales, limit the number of individual threads you make, as a courtesy. After all, it pushes down other posts and hogs the board.
Perhaps an "Ebay Sales Here" Sticky? that way the evilbay ads are contained within one running thread?

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:43 pm

There are some valid points here. I myself post Ebay links and I apologize if they have gotten out of hand. In the future I can use one Ebay topic for all of my auctions and give it a bump once a week or so if that is ok.

As for freaking out about Star Wars stuff, give me a break. :roll: :lol:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:59 am

I think the SW stuff is perfectly ok myself. For the most part there are several SW fans here and I've seen some good deals here so I'm cool with that. Sorry dudes, here I'm gonna have to blow a headgasket...I am not cool however with the tattling on raiderad6, to me that's just pure chickensh*t!! There are a helluva lot more bs threads on this forum that should get shut down and to single out raiderad6 burns me up to be honest. I mean, who in the hell can possibally be annoyed by For Sale threads? Especially when it XD, GiJoe, etc!!!!!!!!! Assanine to say the least! I personally buy quite a few items from Kevin, his items are always good, he ships fast, and is just a good all around guy loyal to the hobby. To piss the man off to the point of him possibally saying screw this site is something I don't want to happen because we'll lose a good source for XD if it does so people lets wake up! Don't bite the hand that feeds! I just bought one of the Huey slicks from him with the 4 man crew for $60! Try finding one on ebay period let alone for $60!! I mean get real!!!!!!!!!! My 2 cents, out!! :evil:

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:04 am

I've got no problem with people posting HUNDREDS of XD stuff, bbi, FOV, etc, FS here! The MORE the BETTER for all of us...
...what I have a problem with is...seeing it posted for EBAY ONLY! We all know how TOUGH it is for us to find this stuff at WM, TRU. MOST of us have to go without cause we just CAN'T find it! I've HAVE met alot of good people here who have helped me to get what I want-most have just charged me what they paid or a couple of bucks more for their time and gas-I think this is GREAT and what this forum should be about!! A Band of Brothers HELPING each other out with the greatest toys EVER!
I have NO PROBLEM with members here who are lucky enough to find ENOUGH of this stuff to buy for themselves and then want to make a bit more by selling it on Ebay-I DO CRINGE when they post it on this forum that I have to GO TO EBAY first to buy it!
My last resort most of the time is to go to EBAY. I don't have to be reminded of that on here. "HEY! I found ALOT of XD at the store and bought it all and if you want it, I'm not selling it here-you have to go to EBAY and beg for it" blaaaahhhhh

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:08 am

holensock wrote:I've got no problem with people posting HUNDREDS of XD stuff, bbi, FOV, etc, FS here! The MORE the BETTER for all of us...
...what I have a problem with is...seeing it posted for EBAY ONLY! We all know how TOUGH it is for us to find this stuff at WM, TRU. MOST of us have to go without cause we just CAN'T find it! I've HAVE met alot of good people here who have helped me to get what I want-most have just charged me what they paid or a couple of bucks more for their time and gas-I think this is GREAT and what this forum should be about!! A Band of Brothers HELPING each other out with the greatest toys EVER!
I have NO PROBLEM with members here who are lucky enough to find ENOUGH of this stuff to buy for themselves and then want to make a bit more by selling it on Ebay-I DO CRINGE when they post it on this forum that I have to GO TO EBAY first to buy it!
My last resort most of the time is to go to EBAY. I don't have to be reminded of that on here. "HEY! I found ALOT of XD at the store and bought it all and if you want it, I'm not selling it here-you have to go to EBAY and beg for it" blaaaahhhhh

Exactly. This is after all a BST for XD, FOV, etc etc. For someone to be annoyed with multiple for sale posts is just beyond me, especially when it's what we collect!!!!!! Just plain moronic. Few things will spark a nerve with me but this sure does... The part of someone emailing aferg with a complaint reminds me of the little puke b*st*rds that report nazi stuff on ebay, man get a life, live and let live.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:01 am

Well I am going to do as I said last night and use one topic for my Ebay auctions instead of making multiples.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:27 am

vmf214: imagine you had an item you want to sell or something you're looking for and you post a thread in the b/s/t forum about it. A couple of days go by and you've heard nothing so you go to check your post and find that it's now on page 3 of that forum and nobody has seen it because a few other people came along and made a dozen threads each, each thread for a single item.

So your single post has been lost in a maze of other posts and as a result you can't sell your item or find what you were looking for. Over time, this happens over and over and gets worse as more and more members start using the b/s/t forum. A few people would monopolize it and spoil it for everyone.

As i said, there is absolutely no reason that all items for sale can't be listed in a single thread. No reason. It is just as easy to read a list within a thread as it is to read a list of threads. So there is no reason for one person to monopolize the forum.

Not so moronic.

And as someone said, having a b/s/t forum is a privelage and it is on the verge of disappearing if problems continue, so mutual cooperation will benefit all.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:50 am

Andrew:

I know that you have taken some criticism in the handling of this situation. However, I want to say and I am sure many others would agree with me that I think you do a wonderful job moderating this forum. I can only imagine how frustrating it can be at times and that you must have to be patient when you do this. Thank you for your time and dedication to helping this board run smoothly and easily almost everyday.

Now to add a couple of comments.

I agree with a lot of people that 10 posts is a bit much for this type of forum. It is much like our newspaper where I live, they run 10 to 15 classified ads looking for newspaper carriers. It gets a little bit annoying after awhile reading similar ads. I think everyone should try to consolidate their posts, no matter what it is. It will save time, space and lots of hassle in the long run. Believe it or not, it is probably easier for people to read one ad listing your stuff rather than 15 ads. You might actually sell more too as people read the ad and see two or three things they may want instead of just one. I think everyone should work on keeping the board neat and less cluttered, dealers, moderators, members, everybody should pitch in and help.

I will stand up and apologize if any of my ebay posts or my freebie item posts in the past have offended anyone. In my defense, I have moved most of my stuff to ebay because there is some measure of security there. Although most of you are great and honest folk, there have been issues here in the past and I do not have the time or the desire to get hassled. I assume if anyone wants one of my items enough, they will bid on it. In defense of listing some of my freebie items, I don't like to throw things away, especially when someone may be able to use it, their kid may want it, etc. For example, a member got a free Seasme Street pennant from me for his kid, and if it made the kid happy, I am happy. With the growing concern about our planet, and being a teacher who depended on a lot of second hand books, toys and games to get their classroom up and running, I do not believe in throwing something away unless it is broken.

Everyone should just remember to use courtesy and common sense when posting their items for sale. This will benefit yourself as well as the entire forum. We are a smart bunch and a great group, I don't think this should be too tough.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:56 am

Never seen it happen but that's just me. Guess I'll agree to disagree. I stand true to my convictions and bottom line I think raider was treated unfairly. There are way more ebay plugs than his for sale posts and they were untouched. Especially with pending deals and his list just disappearing, wtf! I have a pending deal with him and imagine my surprise that the post isn't there anymore... All because someone whined about some for sale posts, some for sale posts where XD is what is being sold....judas priest what is this world coming to. "Hey I'm getting tired of all these for sale posts in the BST forum, it leaves no room for me to post my bs that generally has no relation to the subject at hand...." Almost what it sounds like. I saw no problems with the BST forum till this incident with raider and I hit it frequently, several times a day in fact. Never liked the ebay plugs and even posted once to that effect which was ignored and that's fine.

If my view on this get's me banned than I guess so be it. I consider raiderad6 a friend and will defend him in this matter 100%! Out

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:15 am

well perhaps then i'll stop moderating the b/s/t forum. You guys run it the way you want.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:59 am

Now aferg thats hardly necassary. You do a great job and we all know and appreciate it. Point being I feel there was a little unfairness there. Isn't it our responsibility to speak up if we feel something isn't quite right within our forum? I harbor no ill feelings but I do believe in speaking out if I feel something or someone was done a little unfair, just the way I am. :wink:

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:01 pm

We better get some new toys in our hands quick. :shock:

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Razor17019

Re: Aferguson, wish you'd stop the ebay sales plugs here too

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:03 pm

holensock wrote: What else erks me on this BST Forum are all the posts directing members to go to EBAY! If someone HERE has something to sell, why not sell it HERE! And give US a chance to buy first!
The BST Forum should be for items to be SOLD ONLY HERE!
Ebay charges people to sell there, any plugs for Ebay-those sellers should pay P-51 a fee too.
I am not really sure what the issue is with Ebay items being placed on the
B/S/T if it gets placed in the: "Post eBay finds Here" thread.

This thread should be a sticky IMHO to easily post and look at it.
If you have members posting their Ebay auctions elswhere, Aferg should post a message in that thread and lock it and have the member post in the right thread. That way everyone knows what happened to that post.

As to the validity of a member posting an Ebay auction on the board, I don't see a problem with it at all, as long as it relates to our hobby. Look at Toyktdlgh's auction for his collection he had on Ebay. It was PICKUP only, so most of the boardmembers are not going to travel hundreds of miles to get XD (with exception of Kevrut :wink: ). Plus, most of us would not want to buy a whole collection - so Ebay is going to be the vehicle for Toyktdlgh in this example.

I think Ebay and our forum have a link:
I found out about this board from an Ebay deal I did with a member. He invited me to the board and I try to do the same with others I find have an interest in 1/18 and 1/32 XD on Ebay. How better to grow our community?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:32 pm

What everyone should realize that posted a comment here, is that we ALL LOVE XD!! We all have our own opinions. We agree and disagree, but NONE of us should get so frustrated as to throw in the towel and walk away! Sure we get frustrated when we can't convince someone of what we believe-and the same frustration is felt on the other end.
BUT we get a chance to talk here, to argue, to shout, to agree and disagree...but we should all come back. There is NO OTHER place like this on the net!
So go ahead and get mad, KICK the computer, BUT NEVER give up on this site! aferguson has a tough job trying to please everyone-I couldn't do it...