Member '1:18 Pathfinder' is banned from Trading

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:52 pm

The Eaton, Oh address is the one I paid a visit to a while back. I couldn't quite work up the nerve to just knock on the door and make alligations against the guy. Though, at the time it was a bonafide address with people living there.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:21 pm

The woman I spoke with at the Eaton number was no good. Her attitude was rude and obnoxious and when I mentioned the police she said the police "had better not come" and would have to get past some guy.
My good trader/reference list:
Razor17019, raiderad6, nomo4me, SGT Fury, don, JOC, DIGGER, immeww2.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:42 pm

ok BASICALLY
EVERYONE
file a complaint with the ic3, at ic3.gov. once you do so, post that you did. FURTHERMORE, the postal inspectors say if they get any more comlpaints about this guy they will charge them with fraud. This is all we need, to call the postal inspectors, whos with me?

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

CALL THE POSTAL INSPECTORS

Post by catman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:35 pm

Everyone who is liable, call the postal insepctors and file a claim. If they get enough complaints, they will file an investigation. This could be the only way. Call the US psotal inspectors at 210-368-8440 with this info:

Robert/Bob Hughes
919 1/2 South 7th Street
Richmond, IN 47374
United States

Everyone who is liable, such as me, austeyr, Paratroopercarbine, VMF-115, and maybe bigsarge and momaw nadon, among others.

Call them and post here that you did, I will be doing the same. This is the way to take them out.

SA Inspectors - 210-368-8440
Or go to USPS.com to find your local Inspectors number
You wanna end this, lets end it,. this is how...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:41 am

Paratrooper Carbine. Please read your pm's.....you too fjpickupman.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:24 pm

I was never taken by this guy. He said he was going to send first, but that was over a few months ago. I don't think I could help you guys out with a complaint, because I didn't lose any money or itmes. I can post the address and e-mail he used if that will help or prevent someone else from being taken by this person. Let me know if that would help.
momaw nadon

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:11 pm

It might, yes. Thanks.
My good trader/reference list:
Razor17019, raiderad6, nomo4me, SGT Fury, don, JOC, DIGGER, immeww2.

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:29 pm

I'm going to give Bob a MAXIMUM 2 weeks to pay up. If nothing happens I'll be jumping back on the band wagon with you folks to try and recover what's mine.
Cheers,

Austeyr.

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:50 pm

His e-mail is [email protected] and the name that came with it is Billy Batson.
He when by Will in the e-mails which I still have if anyone thinks they can help too.

He said the item was for a friend and to have it mailed to him at:
S Wolff
7933 Basswood Place
Ft Wayne, IN 46835

I don't know anything about this 1/2 thing going around with a load of crap, but he didn't use that address with me. I hope this help out.
momaw nadon

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:54 pm

Bob Hughes cheated me also. I sent him 1/18 XD and never received anything in trade. Watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:50 pm

Hi everyone. Our friend 'Bob' has been impersonating Catman with a faked email address, very similar to Catman's, but not his.

These emails have included threats, insults, attempts to make trades etc. Be very alert to this from now on. Bob probably knows other people's email addresses as well and may now try to impersonate other board members, other than Catman.

Check emails you get very carefully. Compare the address to older emails received from the same person. Make sure they are IDENTICAL.

Bob's trick is to change or omit one letter or number so the email address looks the same when it is in fact not.

For doing trades, after discussing it openly on the b/s/t forum, to work out the details the best way is to pm rather than email. Bob may pick up on trades in progress and try to pretend he is the person you are trying to work a deal with and send fake emails.

As always, be alert and be suspicious at all times. Better to err on the side of caution, now and always.

bigsarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bigsarge » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:27 pm

I have not traded with anyone since I am a new member and the new members are not allowed to B/S/T for six months.I was merely chiming in on a subject that I have some expierence with on a personal and a professional level.Sorry for any confusion.Bigsarge
positive trade and sale references:
DerVogelfänger,USCGSARdog,KAMIKAZE,parrish333,KWR190,Hworth18,caesarbc,Black Lion VF-213

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:11 am

I received an email from a Carol Hughes today after requesting the money owed to me.
Apparently Bob Hughes has passed away, has anyone else received this? What exactly am I to believe, this is personally hard to believe. Can anyone help me out here, I'm confused!!!
I have been going through and responding to any
e-mails that have came for Bobby. I do not know what
your relationship was with him so I cannot personalize
this in any way, and I really don't feel comfortable
relating any further details at this time, all I am
doing is letting those that he corresponded with know
that he has passed. Please place and keep him in your
prayers.
Carol Hughes

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:12 am

momaw nadon wrote:His e-mail is [email protected] and the name that came with it is Billy Batson.
He when by Will in the e-mails which I still have if anyone thinks they can help too.

He said the item was for a friend and to have it mailed to him at:
S Wolff
7933 Basswood Place
Ft Wayne, IN 46835

I don't know anything about this 1/2 thing going around with a load of crap, but he didn't use that address with me. I hope this help out.
momaw nadon
Pretty Coincidental that we have another Indiana address. This could possibly be our Audie Murphy at it again.

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:25 am

Didn't Bob have the sister killed in a car accident a few weeks ago? Bad run of luck in that familly, wouldn't you say?

Email back and ask to have 'Bob's' estate reimburse you for your financial loss.

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

well

Post by digger » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:31 am

I received an email from a Carol Hughes today after requesting the money owed to me.
Apparently Bob Hughes has passed away, has anyone else received this? What exactly am I to believe, this is personally hard to believe. Can anyone help me out here, I'm confused!!!
I noted a few weeks ago (in very few words) that there was no doubt - NONE - that you had been ripped off and would get nothing. That post was deleted so perhaps you didn't see it. Anyway, don't be confused, you are being lied too. You have been robbed and will get nothing.

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:55 am

Yes, I was ripped off by this scumbag also. I saved all Bob's and Carol's emails to me. The last one from Carol went like this.

"I am writing to all of those who Bobby has in his
e-mail address folder. Bobby died of bacterial
pnuemonia at 1:48 am on Friday August 18, 2006 at the
age of 37. My god my god how he will be missed."
Carol

I posted my bad fortune a week or so ago and explained the entire story.
Too bad that "Bobby's passing isn't true and that he's not taking a dirt bath!

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 pm

Bob lives 4.8 miles from Ivy Tech State College and 7.2 miles from Virginia Ave.

Didn't "Audie's" wife work at that college?

C2000
Attack!!!!

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:19 pm

C2000, keep up the good work. I hope someone nails this clown! Are there any members from the Richmond, Indiana area?
Good luck and let us know if we could be of any assistance.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:01 am

cruizin2000 wrote:Bob lives 4.8 miles from Ivy Tech State College and 7.2 miles from Virginia Ave.

Didn't "Audie's" wife work at that college?

C2000
"This was from ParatrooperCarbine in the old Audie Murphy thread:

viewtopic.php?t=866&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I called Deborah Napier at her job at Ivy Tech yesterday. I got the number online using her email address. She says, of course, that she knows NOTHING about this. Says she doesn’t know Jerry Napier. Says (765) 409-0810 is NOT HER NUMBER. I asked why it was on her eBay account. She said she had seen that and fixed it and didn’t know why it was there. She claims not to know how the tel number for Jerry Napier, who she claims not to know, but who shares her last name, ended up on her account. She has since changed the number. She acknowledged

211 N.W. H Street
Richmond, Indiana

as her address. But she says she doesn’t know why Jerry Napier receives mail at her address.

Oh, for God's sake, people. Seriously. "Gee, mister, I don't know why that telephone number is on my account. I don't know the guy with my last name who receives mail at my address."

THAT IS NOT EVEN TRYING!!!!!!!!!"

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:19 am

funnily enough I asked where I could possibly send a condolance card to via mail and I was given the address that the scammer has used previously. ANyone else have this address?
You can send any cards to:
7933 Basswood Place
Ft. Wayne, IN 46835

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:54 am

Time to come clean with you about something...i
am 13 years old, I will be 14 in October...please
forgive me for not telling you sooner. I was only
staying with my grandparents over the summer, I am now
back with my father and stepmother. I did not get the
zero but I would pay you for it if I had the money for
only one reason, I hate people being mad at me. But
that's the truth, i am 13 years old and while i am not
using my age as any kind of excuse, I just wanted to
let you know.
Interesting, he previously stated he wanted the Zero sent to him for his "sons" birthday

Will update with more when I know more

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:58 pm

Greetings:

You know what is sad, is that someone is going to this extent of lying and dishonesty to steal a couple of toys. And I am not knocking collectors saying they are toys, I don't mean it that way. I just mean they are marketed and considered toy products by the producers and the stores that sell them.

Seriously, wouldn't it be cheaper just to steal them out of a Walmart. I heard they don't even charge people for shoplifting anymore if it's your first offense.

This person really does need to get a life, geez!

Regards

Corey

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:24 pm

If I may make a suggestion...

I think this board really REALLY needs a trade feedback section... Aferg if you're curious how we do ours at JD, I'm more than happy to discuss it with you. With some growth to site staff I think this board actually could become a lot more, and a lot safer for the participants here.

It's a thought and we can discuss it privately if you'd like to... Just drop a PM to me any time.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:50 pm

That's actually P-51's department. Best to discuss it with him. I know he's had plans to do something like that for some time, but i guess hasn't had time to get around to it..

The feedback sticky in this forum should do the same thing, just a bit labour intensive to go through it before making a trade.