warning 7TOYS7

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

warning 7TOYS7

Post by aferguson » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:03 am

7TOYS7 is a chinese ebay seller. They sell a lot of stuff, some applicable to our hobby, so i thought i would issue a warning to anyone that plans to buy from them.

If they send the wrong item, broken item etc you are out of luck. They will not refund under any circumstances. They just go though the motions of giving good customer service but will not return any money unless you send back the item to China, which has to be done with tracking and costs a fortune, probably more than the original price of the item.

Since they send all items with tracking, you can only open a claim for item not as described, which requires the buyer to return the item, with tracking. 7TOYS7 knows this and knows most buyers are not going to shoulder all the extra cost, so they can get away with not giving a refund.

Most times they seem to be fine, but about 1% of the time there are problems with orders from them and if so, you're out of luck and out your money.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Aslav
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: warning 7TOYS7

Post by Aslav » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks for the heads-up aferg.
I have bought many 1/6th pieces from them over the years.
The only time I had a problem was winning a "free shipping" auction for an 1/6th MP44 for 0.99c.
After the auction ended he sent me an invoice with shipping added on top. Sent him a message and he tried it on, saying he was making a loss with "free shipping".
I have lost on ebay sales many times, so I held my ground and got a 1/6 MP44 shipped from China for 0.99c :D

I did have a problem with a U.S. seller sending a Dragon 1/6 Kubelwagen with considerable damage and missing pieces.
Not what was pictured.
He was the same as 7TOYS7, "send it back Priority International with Tracking ($96) and I will refund your purchase".
No thanks!.
I strongly suspect he passed off a damaged vehicle knowing he could hide behind ebay's stupid policy.

I guess with any ebay sale BUYER BEWARE.
B/S/T Contacts : exether_mega, Fritzkrieg, granch (x3), Grilledcheese, trigger1 (x2), USCGMK2.

[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:23 pm

This is why I avoid overseas sellers when I can.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:20 am

ok well, after several days of back and forth discussion/negotiation they have finally sent my correct item to me (at least they say they have and i have a tracking number).

They asked me to pay $3 to keep the wrong item. While i obviously didn't have to, it was of some use to me and worth several dollars more than that, so in the spirit of future business relations i paid the $3.

So, all seems to be well, now. Bit of a hassle though.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Collecting 1/6 has also brought me to eBay; thanks for the heads up!

Anybody know if 77toys77 has the same customer-relation problems?