1/18 BBI F4U Corsair FS

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

1/18 BBI F4U Corsair FS

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Greetings

Still have a BBI "Daisy June" Corsair for sale. Airplane is on display but in excellent condition. Has all the parts. I also have the box for it and it will be put back in the box for shipping.

Asking $50 shipped for the Corsair. Accept paypal and money orders for payment.

Thanks,

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Coreyeagle48

Re: 1/18 BBI F4U Corsair FS

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:19 am

bump...still available...this is my last 1/18 piece i need to get rid of.

feel free to make offers
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:34 am

Bump

No one wants this beautiful excellent condition Corsair. Comes with its box, all the parts and it needs a good home, it has been left behind as the other 1/18 planes moved to new homes. I feel bad for it. I alos have a shipping box that will hold it right now so i am anxious to moveit.

PM if interested

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Last edited by mikeg on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:33 am

:oops:
Last edited by mikeg on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:39 am

( getting lawnchair and bowl of popcorn)
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:51 am

iballdriver wrote:( getting lawnchair and bowl of popcorn)
Save me a seat...I will bring the beer
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Last edited by mikeg on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:12 pm

* I have to agree ,.. trading behavior like this especially in here is quite frustrating & somewhat intolerable.
This reminds me of a similar scenario just like this a few yrs., ago.

- MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:24 pm

alright Corey, I'm going downstairs to rearrange my planes and drink beer, we'll see what happens next week.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:13 pm

cjg476 wrote:
iballdriver wrote:( getting lawnchair and bowl of popcorn)
Save me a seat...I will bring the beer

Got the chips-n-dip.

OT:

Mikeg, sounds kinda fishy to me... Hope he fixes it, if he does not I do not think I would want to deal with him.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:39 pm

I agree with flyboy...what the heck happened anyways...If I may ask?
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Huh?

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Holy smokes guys :shock:, what in the world happen????

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Hello Everyone:

Let us see if we can get some things straightened out here.

Mike and I had a tentative deal for the Corsair. He was going to send me a money order in two weeks for the Corsair which would have been fine. The reason I say tentative is because I have had numerous people back out on deals with me this summer on this board, never respond back to me, or lead me on like they want to buy something only to decide they are not interested anymore. This actually happened three times with this particular plane prior to Mike being interested in it.

I'm selling my collection not to get out of the hobby. My grandfather has been diagnosed with cancer and along with his other medical complications, had has a very hard summer. Due to his illness, he can no longer drive and my grandmother does not drive. Since I live the closest to him, I've been taking him to many of his appointments. It has gotten very expensive being the bus driver so to speak as some of his appointments are an hour away and I'm using much more gas than I normal. I've been selling some models and some stuff I had in storage to help offset the extra costs of taking him to his appointments, grocery shopping for my grandparents, etc. They always offer me money for this stuff but with their enormous medical expenses right now, I don't feel right taking it. Once things get back to normal or my grandfather no longer needs help I plan on buying back as much of my 1/18 stuff as I can.

Last week before Mike was supposed to send any payment to me I cancelled the deal on the Corsair. I apologize to Mike for cancelling and I know he is upset about it. I cancelled because with school back in session and getting my regular paycheck again, I can handle the extra expenses better and do not need to sell any more of my pieces. Knowing the prices of the 1/18 stuff these days one less piece I have to buy back is better. I'm already dreading buying back the other stuff I sold because it will cost me much more to buyback than I sold it for on here, but, I tried to be fair with the members and get the stuff to good homes.

Mike is upset and he has a right to be. But no money ever changed hands here. I don't have a money order from him and if I had gotten one I would have returned it in full or been nice and sent him the plane that he paid me for. I do not rip people off here and have never attempted to rip anyone off. I have been fair and upfront about anything I have ever sold here and at times have gone out of my way to take a photo someone needs of something or provide more information. I challenge someone to come forward here and say I didn't provide them with enough information or they paid for something from me and didn't get it.

I tried to be nice here and sell some of my collection to people that cared about this hobby at reasonable and fair prices. But quite frankly, after the way I have been treated here by some of the people, I will never sell anything here again. I'm tired of waiting for people to pay, people not responding, people asking me to destroy a model just so they can see if they can customize it, people offering me ridculous prices for stuff, etc. I'm just tired of it. I've tried to be nice and patient but I have just had enough now. These comments are not meant toward MikeG in any way. Just generally how I feel about arguing with people here all summer in PM's over a couple of planes.
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:58 pm

I know you been screwed over a few times...but dont give up on here...alot of the trading references speak for themselves with your name at the bottom of the hobby...dont let a few people get to you...Im sorry about your grandfather I understand all that...wish I had money to give out...I would have just helped you...just to be helpful...Your a good trader and a great forum member and I respect the thing you and the other guys who have been on here have to say...dont let this one over blown incident ruin a good relationship between a future buyer and a great seller....
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Last edited by mikeg on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Mikeg..cmon...im not taking sides I heard what you told me too..but this is a forum...a place to discuss and learn...you guys are turning it into a bar brawl...I never blamed you for anything or corey...im just saying...I dont want to see fighting....I dont want to see a potential buyer disappear...I mean when I have money I will buy from you guys...if you leave or fight and stop selling...that just makes it that much harder to get a great product from someone at a great price...if you guys want to fight and b$#%ch thats fine...i was just saying..fix it and move on...its not the end of the world yet...but what do I know...
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Okee dokee

snake

Post by snake » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Well said Corey.

And I can understand your frustration.

Members need to treat other members here with respect, and deal with them as you would like to be treated yourself. To be offered $15 for a "Daisy June" 1/18 Corsair is insulting to the seller.

Not picking sides here, but I have dealt with Corey on a couple of occasions, and he has always been very prompt, and fair. A good member. to deal with.

I think the BST is a great idea, and members can get some really good deals through it. But people need to show each other respect. If there are a lot of problems, I could see the mods/admin just decide it is more hassle than it is worth, and remove it.

And that would be a shame for everybody.

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:55 pm

Corey,
I am sorry that your grandfather suffered poor health. Thank you for having the morals and family dedication that is needed in today's society. You are a blessing to your grandparents. I too hope that you don't quit this site or the BST-it is what separates this hobby and site from the others. I am sorry if my snark (popcorn/lawnchair) contributed to your desire to withdraw. Hope you are able to find your pieces at a good price. Again, I am sorry if I contributed to any hash feelings I was only trying to make a funny at noone's expense.
coleslaw is a condiment.
vulgarvulture

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:05 pm

Greetings

I never tried to screw Mike and I wouldn't screw anyone on this forum. I do feel bad because I promised Mike something and changed my mind about it and he's upset with me. He has a right to be upset with me and he should state that. But I never tried to screw him over or purposely misled him in any way.

I'm not mad at Mike and I do not harbor any ill feelings toward him. I'm sure I've had plenty of bad things said about me by others over the course of my life. I apologize to Mike and wish he had just contacted me privately if he was so upset rather than bring into a public forum. I don't mind the comments and he is free to say what he wants, but we could have worked this out among ourselves and not had this happen.

I've been on this fourm a long time, and I have seen it degrade greatly from what it first started as. I'm not blaming anyone, but things have greatly changed here since things first began. A lot of good members have left, some have left the hobby but others have left because they simply couldn't deal with some of the behavior here anymore. I know this for a fact because I'm still friends with some of these folks and they have told me this.

If the behavior I experienced in selling some of my collection is any indication on what is going on in PM's behind the scenes, the BST forum is already on borrowed time. People are going to be upset and there are going to be even more blowups in the future that are much more severe than this.

I'm moving on. I've had enough of this place now. I've had enough of the antics and the craziness. It just isn't fun anymore. Anyone who wants to keep in touch with me can PM me and I can give you my email address, but I will rarely be here anymore if ever. Simply put, have had enough.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Corey, my sympathies to your ailing family.
It's always disheartening to see discord on the forum.

I have dealt with both mike & corey, and both have been prompt with payment & shipping.

I have always considered that there was a "code of honor" here on the board when selling or trading.
That being said, I believe that a man's word is his bond. If you promise something to someone, then by all means you should honor it, without exemption.
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Last edited by mikeg on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Buuurp......:D
coleslaw is a condiment.
vulgarvulture