Can't take it with you sale on E-Bay

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Can't take it with you sale on E-Bay

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:36 pm

Well I have decided that I have toooooo much stuff so I have figured to sale some things on e-bay.

Panzer Mk-IV
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

Winter Bf-109

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

Hope some of you guys are interested. I think that I may sell a couple of things or so each week.

Thanks for looking.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Cool!
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:17 am

just a heads up PH....ebay final value fees on auctions are nearly tripling at the end of the month. Going up from 3.5% to 9%, so brace yourself.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:12 am

aferguson wrote:just a heads up PH....ebay final value fees on auctions are nearly tripling at the end of the month. Going up from 3.5% to 9%, so brace yourself.

:shock: WTF :shock:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:43 am

you can thank John 'Ben Dover' Donahoe and his heroine dealer pricing policies for that one..

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:43 pm

I have not used Ebay for selling in quite a while.Between their fees and Paypal gouging, I have to admit I will most likely shed my overgrown collection here. I already had one auction bounced off since I mentioned I applied a Microscale swastika decal to the tail of a plane I was selling and that I photoshopped over it in the photo so Ebay wouldnt cry. They went as far as to threaten me with having to take a "tutorial" on "sensitivity concerning offensive symbols." If they did that, I would not be able to buy or sell until I completed it on line. In a hundred years, the Ebay logo will probably be considered the new swastika.

TJ

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:46 pm

krieglok wrote:I have not used Ebay for selling in quite a while.Between their fees and Paypal gouging, I have to admit I will most likely shed my overgrown collection here. I already had one auction bounced off since I mentioned I applied a Microscale swastika decal to the tail of a plane I was selling and that I photoshopped over it in the photo so Ebay wouldnt cry. They went as far as to threaten me with having to take a "tutorial" on "sensitivity concerning offensive symbols." If they did that, I would not be able to buy or sell until I completed it on line. In a hundred years, the Ebay logo will probably be considered the new swastika.

TJ
Any of you guys check out Upillar? I'm not familiar too much other than hearing ads for it on the radio - might be a cheaper alternative to Evilbay - just have to get the word out to 1/18 collectors to start checking there.
I'm not affiliated with Upillar nor ever used it - just heard of it.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Upillar has been mentioned by several ebay sellers as being an up and coming alternative, along with bonanzle and ebid.net. I have no experience with any of them as of yet but will probably try a couple of them in the next few months.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:39 am

The Panzer is moving right along. The 109 is stalled. I woulg have think that the 109 would be up there.

This is pretty fun. It is the first time I have put any of my collection up for sale !!! :D

gliderdwm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gliderdwm » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:38 am

Not to worry for the 109. Many items don't generate activity until the last day or last seconds. I believe a Motorworks 109E winter version went for $150.00 a week ago or so

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:37 pm

The 109 sold for $71 and the Panzer sold for $80 .

I guess deals can still be had on ebay.

Well I think that I will hold on to the rest of the stuff I was going to sell if things are fetching those prices. :evil: :evil: :evil:

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 pm

I was shocked that they went that low :shock:, I truly believe there is no rhyme or reason to Ebay, things that you expect to go very high sell cheap and others that are more common go for outrageous prices :?

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:18 pm

price seems about right - about $100 bucks on average -
with $20 shipping the bidders see the $100 wall and think twice.
I agree ebay is crazy - that one bidder who really wants the 109 one week isnt fanatically bidding the next week when others really want it - so the price dosnt go through the roof.

Plus armor fans are waiting to put out higher prices with the possibilities of the new companies in the market?

I like to take a small hit on the shipping as it may stand my item out a little more with the others on ebay. So if the average cost to ship a tiger I 1:18 is apx $14 on ebay ill offer to ship it for 10 or 7 and offer free tracking and insurance
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:52 am

This is the worst time of year to sell toys on ebay is my experience. Funny right after Christmas and into the new year the frenzy is still high, but it tapers off in Feb and March. You know the market goes soft when one week a "DWK" Spit will go for over $400 in January, then take a nose dive a few weeks later to just above $200, then another at just above $150.
(I know I've watched them 'cause that's the one Spit I'm missing)

Those were good deals and worth more than the closing prices Picklehaube. :(
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec