Are 1/18 XD figures REALLY worth this much on Ebay?

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Are 1/18 XD figures REALLY worth this much on Ebay?

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:05 am

I have been following a seller on Ebay lately because frankly he is doing something illegal or he is the GREATEST seller ever born!
Here are some of his current and closed auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
Take a look at each of the 3 examples. I need more sets of eyes on this. I don't know if he is having people bid up the price of these auctions or the auctions are truly legit and people really are paying this much for carded XD figs. Can it be the German XD figures he is selling?
What are your thoughts???
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

CrazyinTexas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by CrazyinTexas » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:47 am

I think it may be legit. Someone who got in late may think that's a good deal. Instant collection. Or someone has $200 for extra guys to part out or mod.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:50 am

It's hard to say how they got that high, ebay is strange that way sometimes. The lots that closed in the $170 range seem overpriced, but the $70 lot closed out at around $3 a figure including shipping so that's probably not a bad deal for someone who collects figures is it...?? I don't think they are particularly rare or anything, but figures are not really my area of expertise. I believe that at least some of these are still availble online at close to the original retail price, but I have not really checked lately and I could be mistaken about that.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:27 pm

seems legit - might be a good deal for someone who dosnt want to get carded figures individual and pay the normal high shipping cost - the other auction that ended 70 and change is a pretty good deal
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:42 pm

I know, many people also collect these 1/18 figures, but are they really worth so much money? As far as I can tell, those figures aren't THAT amazing... especially many of 21C's figures look pretty... cartoonish.
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Probably just people interested in an instant collection as stated. Whoever got the 26 GI's for $75 bucks got a deal though so between the oversold germans and his loss on the US troops it about washed out.

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:06 pm

Hmmm,

Makes me question if the 50 carded XD I have waiting for custom projects, are worth more sold as is, considering the time I'd have to put in on customs. But that would not be as much fun :)

tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by tpa05 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 am

First "thank you" Razor for the thread. My take? About a month ago when I was looking for even-less-quality PTE figures I was contacted and offered several for what averaged $7 per figure. I'm gonna type that again so that those reading it don't think I hit the wrong number key - $7 per figure. These included the pilot figures that can't even move the head.

It would be understandable if when I recieved the email with this rediculous offer that I might have become discouraged or disappointed. No, just the opposite. I was able to enjoy it. Why? Because about 1/2 hour earlier I recieved another PM asking for my address as he had some spare figures he later sent to me - for free. That member wouldn't even let me pay for shipping!

Sorry for the long entry here Razor. My guess is you may have looked around for 1:18 items and when you read this particular sale thought to yourself "what the (badword) is happening to my hobby?". What it did to me when I read it is help me appreciate the generosity of so many of the members here. More specifically, when I get permission from the member I mentioned above (the nice one) I'll come back and edit this reply and insert his name accordingly.