Selling LARGE display case and others

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Selling LARGE display case and others

Post by Cabe » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:40 pm

Well, a slow month a couple of summertime electric bills plus this crap economy and I have to give up on my most precious possession.
Its my 7x7 foot 20 inch deep display case with storage underneath.
I am also selling 2 smaller displays as well

I bought this monster on Ebay maybe 3 years ago. It was in Albuquerque with a local pickup only on the shipping instructions. Well I won it and that was after a year of searching, so I wasn't letting this one go. Only problem was....how to get it to Dallas? Well I hired a bunch of yokels (I call em that because of how inept they were at keeping it safe)
and they drove out there to pick it up and bring it back for $400

It was the best display I had seen so far when it cam to housing my FoV collection. It was deep enough (and then some) to handle the length of the plastic bases that the tanks sit on and later after I decided to remove the base this beast held TONS of tanks. The shelves are only 12 inches deep, but that is more than enough as the longest FoV base is 13". You could add deeper shelves up to around 18 inches.
It has 2 front positioned large fluorescent lights with a reflector that keeps the lights directed inward. If it appears dark on the lower portions, that is because the base plates blocked out the light as it went down. Later when I took all the tanks off the bases it really looked wonderful.
The bottom is a nice large area for display too and serves as the top of the lower area separated into 2 compartments that shut with sliding wood doors.
The good and the bad
it does come apart and can be moved in my Honda Element or whatever you have (it will need to come apart to get out my house)

it has a lock for the sliding glass front doors, but no key (seller said he was sending it...I am still waiting!) Would not be much to have a key made, you could even take the door to a locksmith and avoid them coming to you

the top glass (yes the top is glass) is cracked in half ( i never notice) it has a tint on it that keeps the 2 parts together. This flaw it NOT an issue as the glass has never and appears to have no way of moving or falling . It is just something I set up there and forget about. Its stays in place under its own weight

Remember that I called the guys I hired to move it yokels? Here's why: They went and got it, brought it all the way here and started unloading it FAST. I told them to hold on let me get some cardboard to lay on the porch to avoid the glass getting scratched or chipped and ass I came out front door one of the "Slower minded" of the family sat one of the heavy massive sliding glass door down on the patio .."crunch" as the corner powderized in glass dust. I was more than pissed. They started loading out even FASTER and forgot they agreed to help me move it upstairs, they just bolted. Well the damage was thankfully cosmetic. I coated it in clear packing tape to prevent anyone getting cut or a crack advancing out from it, but it has been something I would have to point out to people for them to notice, seriously it bothered me more the day it happened than it does now....stupid dumb azz yokels
seriously the close up pic I have provided shows more tape than actual damage

It rewired it to use a 3 prong plugs instead of some other type of plugless wiring it had (industrial??)
so now it goes in wall

I will include my wireless on/off clicker, turn it on with push of you thumb on this key chain remote clicker

Obviously this is my pride and joy..how much so? Let's put it this way, I sold the FoV collection that was IN it to get through rough $ times before I now come to this point of having to sell the very thing I bought to hold them.

If you live in Dallas or near N. Texas this is your for $1500 obo
or if you live somewhere and can get it shipped I will happily dismantle and load it with whomever you send

it is a damn nice case and I absolutely HATE selling it. But there is NO other way

ok there are 2 small ones I can sell for $80 each. Don't like selling them either but I need the $$$
Width: 16 3/4 "
Depth: 14 3/8 "
Height: 64 1/8 "

ok here are the pics:
(click thumbnails for larger images)

see my art and model gallery at http://www.cabebooth.com

Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Panzer_M » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:27 pm

Can the smaller ones be shipped via FedEX or UPS freight? How heavy are they? and do they break down fairly easy?
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:09 pm

unfortunately no, they are pretty much all glass, you may want to check with your nearest IKEA to see what hey charge to ship same style
Or if you can drive to one and save yourself the shipping of all that heavy glass
-Cabe

Black_Dragon_One

Re: Selling LARGE display case and others

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Cabe wrote:Well, a slow month a couple of summertime electric bills plus this crap economy and I have to give up on my most precious possession.
Its my 7x7 foot 20 inch deep display case with storage underneath.
I am also selling 2 smaller displays as well

I bought this monster on Ebay maybe 3 years ago. It was in Albuquerque with a local pickup only on the shipping instructions. Well I won it and that was after a year of searching, so I wasn't letting this one go. Only problem was....how to get it to Dallas? Well I hired a bunch of yokels (I call em that because of how inept they were at keeping it safe)
and they drove out there to pick it up and bring it back for $400

It was the best display I had seen so far when it cam to housing my FoV collection. It was deep enough (and then some) to handle the length of the plastic bases that the tanks sit on and later after I decided to remove the base this beast held TONS of tanks. The shelves are only 12 inches deep, but that is more than enough as the longest FoV base is 13". You could add deeper shelves up to around 18 inches.
It has 2 front positioned large fluorescent lights with a reflector that keeps the lights directed inward. If it appears dark on the lower portions, that is because the base plates blocked out the light as it went down. Later when I took all the tanks off the bases it really looked wonderful.
The bottom is a nice large area for display too and serves as the top of the lower area separated into 2 compartments that shut with sliding wood doors.
The good and the bad
it does come apart and can be moved in my Honda Element or whatever you have (it will need to come apart to get out my house)

it has a lock for the sliding glass front doors, but no key (seller said he was sending it...I am still waiting!) Would not be much to have a key made, you could even take the door to a locksmith and avoid them coming to you

the top glass (yes the top is glass) is cracked in half ( i never notice) it has a tint on it that keeps the 2 parts together. This flaw it NOT an issue as the glass has never and appears to have no way of moving or falling . It is just something I set up there and forget about. Its stays in place under its own weight

Remember that I called the guys I hired to move it yokels? Here's why: They went and got it, brought it all the way here and started unloading it FAST. I told them to hold on let me get some cardboard to lay on the porch to avoid the glass getting scratched or chipped and ass I came out front door one of the "Slower minded" of the family sat one of the heavy massive sliding glass door down on the patio .."crunch" as the corner powderized in glass dust. I was more than pissed. They started loading out even FASTER and forgot they agreed to help me move it upstairs, they just bolted. Well the damage was thankfully cosmetic. I coated it in clear packing tape to prevent anyone getting cut or a crack advancing out from it, but it has been something I would have to point out to people for them to notice, seriously it bothered me more the day it happened than it does now....stupid dumb azz yokels
seriously the close up pic I have provided shows more tape than actual damage

It rewired it to use a 3 prong plugs instead of some other type of plugless wiring it had (industrial??)
so now it goes in wall

I will include my wireless on/off clicker, turn it on with push of you thumb on this key chain remote clicker

Obviously this is my pride and joy..how much so? Let's put it this way, I sold the FoV collection that was IN it to get through rough $ times before I now come to this point of having to sell the very thing I bought to hold them.

If you live in Dallas or near N. Texas this is your for $1500 obo
or if you live somewhere and can get it shipped I will happily dismantle and load it with whomever you send

it is a damn nice case and I absolutely HATE selling it. But there is NO other way

ok there are 2 small ones I can sell for $80 each. Don't like selling them either but I need the $$$
Width: 16 3/4 "
Depth: 14 3/8 "
Height: 64 1/8 "

ok here are the pics:
(click thumbnails for larger images)

hay that look great.. go price..... wish i live close enough...
whats up doc....

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:49 pm

yeah, I am surprised at the lack of response on Myspace, Craigslist, here, Facebook, Twitter and my own calls/footwork to sell it. I thought for sure a case this large and nice would go pretty much in a heartbeat.
Of course I did get my obligatory 2 Craigslist scam emails this morning within seconds of one another

Like this hilarity
reads like a broken robot, just add the phrase "bleep blorp" at the start and end and every few lines in between.

Hello
Thank you for the prompt response to my inquiry. Well,i am very much
satisfied with the condition and price as stated and i will like to
make an outright purchase immediately, so i will advice that you
withdraw the ad from the web.Please i will like to know how you intend
to proceed on this but i would prefer that i issue a business
certified check to you asap and upon the confirmation and clearance
of payment my mover will come for the pick-up at you location,because
i will include the pick up charges in the payment in which you will
make payable to the mover immediately you receive the payment to avoid
the delay .Also i have other packages they will be picking for me
around your location this week,which i will like the pick up with your
item should be done same time I would really have loved to come for
the viewing of the item but i am not chanced because of my promotion
assignment going on,but my movers will. If you are okay with this
please do get back to me with the following details so i can make out
the payment IMMEDIATELY.

1: Your Full Name to be on the payment
2: Your Address and post code
3: Your mobile and land number.

Looking forward to hear from you ASAP.

Best Regard

..............bleep blorp

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:40 pm

Damn shame you're in Tx, I could use that large one for my retail store, big standup showcases are hard to find here for much more than you're selling it for. I'm shocked nobody from CL has taken you up yet, those are nice cases.

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:14 am

from CL?

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:16 am

edit/delete
cell phone somehow double posted my last response

PanzerArm

Craigslist

Post by PanzerArm » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:08 am

I think CL = Craigslist

And I'm in the same boat as everyone else, I wish I could get my hands on it, but the distance is the deciding factor. I actually just bought 2 smaller ones (about the size of the small ones you're selling) and a larger one would be nice, although I'd have to convince the wife to let me have it :P

-Kevin