New stuff added to 21c's surplus store.

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

New stuff added to 21c's surplus store.

Post by chunks » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:00 pm

Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:16 pm

oh, i was expecting to see desks, chairs, a fax machine, photocopier.....

:lol:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:21 pm

Now be nice :)
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:42 am

I never understood why they marketed those airplane kits..?? I can't imagine that they were ever great sellers.... it just seems like not too many people would want a kit of something they can buy fully assembled and painted for $15 on the same aisle.... so, I guess it comes as no great surprise that they are "surplus" now...??
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:01 pm

ostketten wrote:I never understood why they marketed those airplane kits..?? I can't imagine that they were ever great sellers.... it just seems like not too many people would want a kit of something they can buy fully assembled and painted for $15 on the same aisle.... so, I guess it comes as no great surprise that they are "surplus" now...??
Actually, they were quite popular amongst the 1/32 scale model builders, alot of bang for your buck when compared to alot of other 32nd scale kits, and made an excellent blank canvas for those out there that love to scratchbuild and superdetail kits. These kits were featured by builders over the past year and a half on both Hyperscale and Aircraft Resource Center.

The only problem is that they were marketed with the model builder in mind, none of my LHS carried these kits. Builders found out via the sites I mentioned above and swarmed upon WM's and cleared out many a store in the process. I still have 5 Corsairs in my stash and have one started (like 20+ other kits..lol) and it's very nice, especially when the price point is factored in. Also, remember that not everyone appreciates already built models, some are quite obsessive when it comes to building their own, and actually frown upon already built up kits, to each their own I suppose.