Dropping the Scale: 1/18 For Sale, Authentic Models

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:05 pm

:roll:
Could not think of anything to put here.

mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by mikeg » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:26 pm

psst. hey bigsarge, did ya check the entire content of this here thread?

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Bigsarge, you have to deal through his mommy who posted in here somewhere :lol:

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Brrrrrrrh, is it that arctic cold front moving through or did it just get real cold(blooded) in here????

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Again, I was only trying to defend a board member I consider a friend...

I've seen other members run off the board without justification because one member started ranting, making up untrue stories, and others latched on to it. That in itself is not right and I was trying to prevent it again, especially as no one had lost or gained anything. Spreading rumors and false information sets a dangerous precedent for this board and while it is Coreyeagle48 today, who is to say its not one of you tomorrow...

I do, however, believe that Corey is acting in bad form with regards to how he handled this sale. That was not cool. Had he not intended to sell the items, he should have never posted the sale. The PMs should have at least been returned and Corey should address the mess he created.

Nevertheless, I believe the old days of sensible discussion around here are gone... It seems to be time to move on to bigger and better things :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:39 pm

again, we experienced along with you, your outreach towards your friend, and rejoiced with you in your benevolent cameraderie, but--

We all (most) adults here- none of us should be run off without a valiant last stand and a decision of ones own making. If all or most latched onto me concerning vicious rumors, whoremongering, XD molesting, booger eating or what not, those who accuse and insult would be free to go .... themselves. I would post anew the next day. I would actually survive the most brutal, mean spirited assaults that my fellow SSHQ posters would post against me; its only a little appropriate waterboarding, were not chopping off appendages and dipping folks in acid. I don't associate much with with those that allow their bare humanity to flop around at the drop of a hat- makes me nervous..

Instead of dragging that pity carrot around on stick and waiting for the like minded to chase after it flailing and screaming about how sorry we were that we were mean to ya'll; why don't ya just get over it- in sweet and pleasant terms- meadows, bubbling brooks, baby bunnies, you know- shit like that.. tender as y'all are, you know you belong here, you cannot escape..

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:41 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:... It seems to be time to move on to bigger and better things :wink:
There are bigger and better things than grown men arguing about childrens toys on the internet?

Hmmm... Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:46 pm

OK who picks their nose while driving or in public?????

the other day at the grocery store I seen this hot women pull a juicy nugget from her nose and wipe it on the the shopping cart.....for a brief moment I thought she was going to eat it...btw I still think she is hot.... 8)

How about some cute cat pics

Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Hmmm... Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
LOL. Thanks Homer. :lol:

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Greetings:

I would like to take the time to address this thread. I apologize for addressing this so late; I wanted to choose my words carefully and try not to cause any more problems than have already occurred in the thread.

I want to apologize to everyone on this forum for not replying to his or her private messages. This was rude and does not follow the good ethics on this trader forum. I felt that if I did not respond, everyone would just assume the items were no longer for sale. That was a false assumption and a mistake in my judgment. I can understand how this has created hard feelings, tension, anger and frustration. To all of you who did send me a private message, I sincerely apologize for being so rude and inconsiderate of all of you. It was a terrible thing to treat you all that way and not how I would want to be treated. I promise in the future to reply to my private messages and use better communication. This is one situation I will handle much differently in the future.

I was considering selling my 1/18 collection for several reasons. We may be moving in the near future and I greatly fear packing all these up and moving them to a new location. I also am greatly concerned about our school field trip budget and my classroom budget. It is rumored that a field trip we take to Historic Philadelphia will have to be funded on our own or we won’t be able to go. It’s also rumored we are losing our entire classroom budget for the next school year. As much as I love my collection, my classroom and the needs of my students come first. I felt guilty having my entire collection sitting there but possibly not having anything in the way of supplies for next year. I just felt very selfish the more I thought about it and how much my collection was worth. BadCatMatt’s post didn’t help my feelings. I was prepared to sell my collection to help fund our trip and for classroom supplies. However, I have decided against this. I may move and teach in a new district next year and I shouldn’t have to sell my personal collection to fund my needs as a teacher. I do plan to sell some items in the future and may list more depending on the moving and new job situation.

As for those who think they know me and what I am about personally…

I graduated from college with an elementary teaching degree in 2004. I was fortunate enough to gain a long-term substitute position, which turned into a contracted teaching position in 2005. I currently teach fifth grade and help with two high school clubs. I find no glory in teaching, just personal satisfaction that I help my students learn and become better citizens in the world. I greatly enjoy my students and that is why I often talk about what my class is doing on the board. Aside from teaching, I enjoy photography and aviation and travel to airshows over the summer months. I have a fiancée I love very much. My parents and grandparents both have health concerns so that occupies my mind a lot and I try to help them as much as I can. I like collecting most of the time. I feel sometimes if I didn’t have so much invested in my collection I’d have more money for my classroom, students and my parents and grandparents. I have sold things in the past to make some extra money, I use this money for my classroom and my students to get some extra things, a pair of needed gloves, a pencil box, etc. Some of my students come from parents of very limited incomes; they need the things more than I need some of my collection or extra models.

Unfortunately not all is perfect and neither am I, currently I am debating leaving my current position and obtaining another in a different district. This is a hard decision to make as I value my friends and colleagues where I work now. Unfortunately, we’ve noticed that our district is making budget cuts and decisions that make very little sense. It seems our district is not putting the idea of “quality education” first. It is sad to see this happen in what used to be a district based on community values and quality education. The search for a different position has also involved looking for a new home. Teaching has never made me upset and angry as it has this year. I feel terrible if I have taken my feelings of frustration and anger out on anyone here on the forum.

I am a deeply reflective person and a sensitive person as well. I do not like people having bad opinions about me and I am constantly looking for ways to help my students become better students. In person I am actually really shy and initially had trouble with teaching due to my shyness. Other than that I try to be easygoing and flexible, when you teach, you have to be.

My apologies to those that did not want to hear a biography about me, I feel embarrassed sharing one. However, I am a teacher and have a reputation as a role model to my students, their parents and my colleagues, administrators and members of our community as well as my family and friends. I feel I have to protect that, no matter if it is an Internet message board or my next-door neighbor.

I don’t know if I belong posting on the forum anymore. I know there is a lot of anger, frustration and resentment towards me. I respect those feelings from those of you that have them. I cannot change them. I also know there are those who don’t like me on this forum, that’s fine as well. Trust me, I have had students and parents who haven’t liked me either. It happens and is part of life. I also respect those feelings. I will do my best not to antagonize them any further.

I hope I can continue to be a part of this forum. I generally enjoy coming here and reading about and collecting these toys, models, whatever you may call them. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and allowing me to be a part of this forum.

Regards,

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Coreyeagle its OK.......your alright... nobody is perfect.... 8)

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:36 pm

Coreyeagle48 wrote:Greetings:

I don’t know if I belong posting on the forum anymore.
Regards,

Corey
I would certainly hate to see you leave over something like this. Stuff happens, and on an internet forum, it seems to happen faster and with more intensity than anywhere else. You didn't return some PM's, and you changed your mind about selling some of your own personal items. When you realized that some were upset by this, you stepped up and apologized.

Seriously, not returning PM's is far from the end of the world. If I cut every person who failed to return a phone call out of my real life, it'd be just me and my dog, and him only because I cut him a generous amount of slack, what with the whole not-having-thumbs thing. And changing your mind about selling your collection? What sort of friends would we all be if we were more upset about missing out on a purchase than we would be about you losing the collection you likely cherish as much as we all cherish our own.

All that said, and with a firm realization that I am only contributing to it with this post, I have to say that this is the most touchy-feely, emotional forum I've ever been involved with. Even my girlfriend's nail forums seem to be a bit thicker skinned. In some ways it can be a refreshing change of pace, but in other ways, I feel like we don't spend enough time arguing about which nose-art chick is the hottest, and if we'd get with Stug's Nazi pin-up chick even though we know she's evil...

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 pm

Ruger wrote:
Coreyeagle48 wrote:Greetings:

I don’t know if I belong posting on the forum anymore.
Regards,

Corey

I feel like we don't spend enough time arguing about which nose-art chick is the hottest, and if we'd get with Stug's Nazi pin-up chick even though we know she's evil...

MV
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I agree with Ruger on several points:
-Not enough time comparing nose-art chicks Who is the hottest? (my personal favorite is: "Strawberry Bitch"
-Yes, even as we all know that Stug's Nazi pin-up chick would be evil, BUT yet we all would still ask her out! (Except for Tankgirl- They would just do each other's nails and talk about how stupid those boys are! :wink: )
-For our community to lose anyone of it's members HURTS the community as a whole.

Since I have joined this community of toy loving freaks in 2004, I have never seen anywhere else on this internet where one can post their opinion and the other members treat that person (even if they don't agree with them) with respect.
I would hate to see our forum turn into the countless number of other forums out there where people gain pleasure in slamming anyone and everyone when they post.

So, let us end this thread and move on....

Attention any toy making company out there: SEND US SOME NEW TOYS QUICK!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:31 pm

Ruger wrote: if we'd get with Stug's Nazi pin-up chick even though we know she's evil...

MV
Evil chicks are naughty :D

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:28 am

VMF115 wrote:Coreyeagle its OK.......your alright... nobody is perfect.... 8)
ahem...."cough" TomCruise "cough" :!:
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:29 am

VMF115 wrote:
Ruger wrote: if we'd get with Stug's Nazi pin-up chick even though we know she's evil...

MV
Evil chicks are naughty :D
yea, Ilse, She-Wolf of the SS type-naughty.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

olifant

Post by olifant » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:39 am

Holy crap, how did I miss this thread?

Corey, you have been rude and inconsiderate. Don't do it again. Welcome back! 8)

Trade warnings are put out of the forum when someone defrauds another by receiving goods without paying or delivering their part of the trade correct? No fraud here...

I have done lots of trades, and have poorly communicated or failed to meet promised dates on when I have sent money or goods more than a few times. It has happened to me in return also. I have felt terribly right each time, but hey, life happens. I cut other's some slack and hope they will do the same for me.

To keep the entertainment value of the forum up I think we should all gang up on Mitch for using the damned italics... :P
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:25 am

olifant wrote:To keep the entertainment value of the forum up I think we should all gang up on Mitch for using the damned italics...
Yeah! Weren't they the Nazi's allies anyway?! They're practically as evil as the Nazis. Of course we can't go letting the Italics run all over the place...

Wait, what?

MV

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:43 am

Coreyeagle, its your stuff and if you have a change of heart so be it!
As to returning PMs, most of use have real lives outside of this forum and life gets in the way. I think there are quite a few of us who have not returned PMs due to all sort of things - life in the real world, time, etc. No one, at least me, is not faulting you. Keep doing what your doing by contributing to this forum by providing stories on your finds, modifications, photos and your classroom.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Mitch is alright don't hold his feet to fire............... 8)

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:35 pm

warhawker wrote:Coreyeagle, its your stuff and if you have a change of heart so be it!
As to returning PMs, most of use have real lives outside of this forum and life gets in the way. I think there are quite a few of us who have not returned PMs due to all sort of things - life in the real world, time, etc. No one, at least me, is not faulting you. Keep doing what your doing by contributing to this forum by providing stories on your finds, modifications, photos and your classroom.

I think there was a tad bit more to it than just forgetting to respond to a PM. More like purposely deleting people’s messages (multiple messages) and not responding at all in hopes that it would all just go away. We have all forgotten to respond to a thread or PM. I’m sure I have done it myself at some point. As for the change of heart, well so be it. We are all entitled to change our minds. No problem there and I would never dream of holding anyone to a decision that big. Corey made a mistake in how he decided to deal with this issue. He has since explained his actions and that’s good enough for me. No money changed hands so there’s no harm done. Now we can all go back to being irritable old guys that collect toys. :wink:

memaddog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by memaddog » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:07 pm

No Probblem from me!! Hell, I Love My Stuff!!!! If I want to keep it all, well I'll keep it!!!!
I just wish you had responded to the pm's, but I wish I had the winning Lottery numbers also, go figure!!!!????. So in a nut shell, all is well between us!
memaddog

olifant

Post by olifant » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:32 pm

VMF115 wrote:Mitch is alright don't hold his feet to fire............... 8)
Mitch knows I love him. :wink: I just hate what the italics have done to him...
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:36 pm

olifant wrote:
VMF115 wrote:Mitch is alright don't hold his feet to fire............... 8)
Mitch knows I love him. :wink: I just hate what the italics have done to him...
I know Mitch is a much loved man on this form was just kidding......... BTW what have the italics done to him??? is he in danger... :lol:

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:07 pm

Time to lock it up!!