Post eBay finds Here

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:57 am

aferguson wrote:i just cannot get over the prices being paid on ebay for XD items these days..
I agree, and they always seem to fetch better prices when they're not mine..lol

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:14 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/PANZER-IV-AUSF-GERM ... dZViewItem

...and the madness continues. How come so many of these auctions have several bidders with lots of asterisks in their user names??
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:54 am

aferguson wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/PANZER-IV-AUSF-GERM ... dZViewItem

...and the madness continues. How come so many of these auctions have several bidders with lots of asterisks in their user names??
I have seen the same type of bidders on other high dollar XD auctions. I would like to alert Ebay to this, but it might not be the sellers fault. But why do all the bidders for this particular auction all have a letter then a couple of asterisks and another letter ( l***r) Not just one bidder but ALL of the bidders have this SAME configuration??
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:03 am

I thought I read somehwere on EBAY's website that they are starting to conceal the ID's of bidders on their auction sites now. Not sure though why some auctions have this type of concealment and others don't. Maybe the seller has to request it or something like that when they set up the auction.

digger

well..

Post by digger » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:28 am

2 things to note:
1) Ebay likes schill bidders. They want auctions to end high, one way or another.

2) Ebay does not want you contacting the 2d, or 3rd highest bidder and offering them a better price on the item. They want you to list on ebay.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:13 pm

"Ebay does not want you contacting the 2d, or 3rd highest bidder and offering them a better price on the item"

After every auction, the seller has the option of issuing a second chance offer to all the losing bidders, at their hightest bid price, which is of course less than the winning bid. If they accept the offer they end up paying less than the winning bidder did but recieve the same item (this of course assumes the seller has more than one to sell). I have used second chance offers myself, a few times. There is no cost for issuing the offer but you pay a final value fee, if the person the offer was made to accepts it. No bidder's i.d.'s are ever hidden from the seller of an auction; whether they won or not, so you could theoretically contact the losing bidders outside of ebay and make the same offer; however the person you contact may think this is fishy and not go for it, they might even report you to ebay and then you'd be in big kakka. So, it's best to use the second chance offer route, i think.

As far as schill bidding goes, i have a friend whose son used to do it......bid on his own auctions with other ebay id's he created. He eventually got nailed and all his profiles were cancelled. He has tried several times to register again with ebay, but has thus far been unsucessful.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:40 pm

Not sure what the dollar amount is, but after a certain point all of the bidder names turn into random letters with asterisks..

"Bid safely: eBay limits how your bid history information is displayed by using anonymous names. When the highest bid, reserve or Buy It Now price on an item reaches or exceeds a certain level, other members cannot view your member-specific information—such as your User ID—on the Bid History page. Your complete User ID is shown to the seller of this item only. Bidders are assigned anonymous names, such as a***b. These anonymous names are used consistently across all auctions that exceed a certain level."
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:23 pm

ah, that explains it all. Good job, grunt. So it seems that it's merely a handful of insane people going after all the older xd items.

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:09 pm

On the P-38 auction, the higher bidder started with the ebay name m**l or something like that, and then he changed it about 2 more times after that, and the opposing bidder did the same thing with the asturicks, and also the winning bidder with the asturicks was also the other winning bidders of all the other xd auction. I smell something fishy, because who in there right mind would buy a p-38 thats worth under 200 for 450!!!
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:10 pm

aww, I just read grunts post,,, oops :shock: I really did not know that :?
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:38 am

I figured out the whole L****8 thing a few weeks back when an auction I won exceeded $200.00, threw me for a loop as well.

digger

2d chance offer

Post by digger » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:05 am

Aferg - exactly. They want the seller to be able to use 2d chance offer, where they get final value fees, which are almost always more than listing fees.

I think they could take schill bidding a bit more seriously though. When one buyer has 16 bid retractions in 6 months, you can see it is not high on their priority list.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:21 am

i once had a bidder who had 36 bid retractions in the last 6 months. :lol:

If you note, now they don't even show the number of bid retractions a person has made..

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Custom P-51B

Post by warhawker » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:18 pm

B24guy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by B24guy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:24 pm

That is nice work. He should get a good price for his P-51B conversion.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:26 pm

WOW!! check this... http://cgi.ebay.com/military-miniature- ... dZViewItem

Maybe I'm missing something, but $1400...?? :shock: :roll: Oh yeah, and don't forget the $75 for shipping....WTF?? :x
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:45 pm

For the guy who wants absolute TOTAL realism, here it is....REAL reinforced concrete German bunker.... http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Built-54mm-WWII ... dZViewItem A little pricey for my tastes, but it's hard to argue with the material it's made of. One thing I found a bit confusing about this auction though... the "buy now" price is the same as the opening bid price... that makes no sense to me.. :?: :?:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:15 pm

Wow Ostketten, that guy is really proud of his King and Country stuff.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:00 pm

Now you can't get much more realism than using actual concrete. Neat looking bunkers.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:31 pm

Holy cow :shock: I see this guy has two more auctions up for what I can only describe as insane prices... http://cgi.ebay.com/ww2-Germans-in-Russ ... dZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/ww2-Afrika-Corp-Des ... dZViewItem
What's even more insane is the shipping he's asking on these treasures. His first dio didn't sell and at these prices I can see why. Funny thing is the listing fees on these things must be getting kind of expensive when they don't sell. :roll: :roll:

digger

wow

Post by digger » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:13 am

toyktdlgh

Re: wow

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:19 am

I think i'm going to be sick.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:19 am

Hefty price for that "spinach" BF-109 and no free shipping? :wink:

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:45 am

That's just friggin nuts.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

pickelhaube

Re: wow

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:27 am

He has 2 newbies going after it. There is no telling what it will go for. Now could be a time to throw one of mine up for sale on e-bay for a but it now for $350. If one of these knuckel heads don't buy it then there will be proof that it is a set up. :wink:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller