FoV 2008

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

FoV 2008

Post by Hanomag » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:18 pm

I figure with FoV announcing their 2008 line up in two weeks or so it might be fun to take some stabs at what they will offer 1/32 wise.

I imagine that they will have 3 new offerings with 3 half new molds plus a new airplane and a lot of re-paints. That is more or less how they have done it years past...though I might (read: will) be off a bit.

New:
a. Cromwell
b. Geryhound
c. Puma

Modified:
a. Sherman-Calliope
b. German Halftrack w/ rockets
c. tracked recovery vehicle

Plane:
a. Hurricane

of note:
a. dessert painted 88

Not that this exactly what I want....but my best guess.

-H

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:46 pm

If (And I emphasize if) they ever come out with a Hurricane, I hope the people behind FOV learn their lesson with the Spitfire Mk IX and tone down the rivet overkill as well as make control surfaces that fit better.

MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

FoV '08 ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:54 pm

I'd love to see your first 3 guesses , a , b and c . 8)

I've waited on these choices for over 3 yrs. now and they are long overrrr due.

Mitch _ v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:36 pm

Give me a damn Churchill already. I must have one of those beasts in all its enthusiast series glory! A Cromwell would rock as well.

Also, a Greyhound and Puma would kick ass! And I couldn't agree more with Fox on the rivit madness. Plus those crappy control surfaces.

An amphibious tractor as used by the Marines in the Pacific with the extra armor and the turret from a Stuart would be cool but I really doubt we will see one of those.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

MG-42

FoV '08 ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:39 pm

I'd like to see an Amtrac . * 8)

....... Now that'd kick some Butt !

Furthermore , I agree , their planes aint worth diddely. I recently got the "Eismmer" Bf 109G-6 and was quite disappointed w/ it. It's nothing like the 21st. C aircraft , even though most all of these ( w/ the exception of the Me-262 ) don't have any engine detail and none of those ugly exposed screw holes.

Now these are the planes that really beg for screw covers / caps.

No more planes PLEASE ! ! !

v MG :p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:16 am

Would love to see Unimax venture into "new waters" and perhaps give us some additional international flavor in the form of:
- Merkava
- Leopard II A6
- Warrior MCV
- T80
- BTR (any variant)
- BMP (any variant)

anything along those lines would be awesome!

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:35 am

That would be great if they did all those.But I would lover to see a puma the most.

Rowsdower

Re: FoV '08 ( ? )

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:19 am

MG-42 wrote:Now these are the planes that really beg for screw covers / caps.
Ah yes, how could I forget the screw holes. The bottom of my Spitfire is a disgrace. Would screw hole covers have added that much to the cost? I would have gladly paid the extra 5 cents! :lol:

Luckily I only paid $15 for the thing because Target had the wrong price on the shelf tag and I called them on it. :twisted:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:45 am

Rowsdower wrote:Give me a damn Churchill already. I must have one of those beasts in all its enthusiast series glory! A Cromwell would rock as well.

A Churchill would probably look incredible in 1/32nd. Plus the numerous modifications (Crocodile, AVRE, Black Prince, etc...) would make for interesting models.

I for one would like to see some Allied and Axis ground crew and accessories for aircraft (portable starters, refueling trucks, bomb trolleys, boxes of ammo, engine dollys etc, maybe even a Kettenkrad for towing my Sturmvogel :) )

olifant

Post by olifant » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:25 pm

Hanomag, I think you hit it right on the head with your predictions. All of these would be incredible and I am sure we will see at least one of the three.

I would love to see some TDs done from the Sherman chassis. An M-10 could use the same running gear and would be a hot item.

For modern, a Merkava please. It doesn't tie into Desert Storm but would make an awful nice addition.

What a great year for 1/32! All you XD guys must be getting awfully bored and lonely. Come over to the smaller side. Walk towards the light...
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]