Odd markings on 21st P-40

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:00 am

You need not pass... Because of political tensions between Communist China and Taiwan (Nationalist China), the Chinese factories won't put the Nationalist insignia on the AVG P-40s. All the AVG P-40s in 1:32 and in 1:18 were this way.

Instead, they come as stickers you can put on. Even the "Langly Field" P-40 aparently included stickers for the US national insignia. Should you not want the stickers (despite their good quality) you can easily find 1:32 aftermarket decals at BadCat and other stores.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:08 am

I think this position is only taken at a few select Factories in China as I have seen many diecast planes come out of China recently with the Nationalist Star fully painted.. I surmise that some factory heads don't want to take the chance of making someone mad in the Government while others don't care.. :wink:

As Tman elaborated though, the 1/32 AVG decals are readily available..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:25 pm

The Easy Model 1:72 AVG Warhawks have the correct markings, so the theory of certain factories not wanting to take the risk might be correct.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:26 am

schizuki wrote:Wow. Just, wow. The Chinese are awesome. :roll:

Well, that's good news that I can at least sticker it up myself. They can poison our pets, they can put lead in our kids, but dammit, don't mess with my Flying Tigers!

:twisted:

LOL. And those stickers go on good btw. I was able to scribe a portion of each sticker into the panel lines using the tip of my tweezers.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:09 pm

Fox Tare-28 wrote:And those stickers go on good btw. I was able to scribe a portion of each sticker into the panel lines using the tip of my tweezers.
I would agree! The stickers on the 32x AVG P-40 (RT Smith, #47) I got 3 years ago have shown no sign of coming off...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."