AO Recon Thread

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by mikeg » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:36 pm

I found a fresh box of 2 144th tbirds, atlantic dauntless, and a tan repaint of the zero, today. I bought the best of each- 2.00 each. The target down the street still had a fw190a or f with 2 on fusilage and 4 of the gray/orange panzer. This was in hiram bout halfway to Alabama from atlanta- also a whole bunch of chinese troop sets

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:50 pm

I was out all day picking up supplies for my brother's birthday party, so I stopped at a TRU in St. Catharines, Ontario to see what was in stock. After a few minutes drooling over the new Star Wars Millennium Falcon, I checked out the aisles containing the FOV stuff. Saw the new 1/72 scale Mustang and Spitfire IX, the PzKpfw IV and the American M3 Lee. I passed on those, but after digging through the pile, I found a T-34-85. I picked it up on the spot and love it.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:01 pm

The walmart in sanford has 8 kingtigers.

The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:16 pm

Ah, good old Sanford. In a salvage yard up there while rummaging through an old VW bus for parts one time I found a VHS tape with three Traci Lords movies on it. Didn't help me fix my bus but it helped with the after-tuneup celebration.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:43 pm

Found and bought the 1:72 FOV P-51 at the Buena Park Target and another one spotted in Costa Mesa. Now, I just need to find the Spitfire. :D

Oh yeah, I was at the Huntington Beach TRU and I found the S2 1:48 Hein/Tony. I don't recall anyone spotting it, there's about 10 or so stocked.

csiemers
Corporal
Corporal

Post by csiemers » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:22 pm

Sky Ray wrote:Found and bought the 1:72 FOV P-51 at the Buena Park Target and another one spotted in Costa Mesa. Now, I just need to find the Spitfire. :D

Oh yeah, I was at the Huntington Beach TRU and I found the S2 1:48 Hein/Tony. I don't recall anyone spotting it, there's about 10 or so stocked.
I found both the Mustang and Spitfire at my local Toy-R-Us about 1 1/2 months ago.

Just this weekend I saw Mustangs at 2 different Targets. No Spits unfortunately.
-Cary
http://www.wwiivehicles.com

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:01 pm

csiemers wrote:
Sky Ray wrote:Found and bought the 1:72 FOV P-51 at the Buena Park Target and another one spotted in Costa Mesa. Now, I just need to find the Spitfire. :D

I found both the Mustang and Spitfire at my local Toy-R-Us about 1 1/2 months ago.

Just this weekend I saw Mustangs at 2 different Targets. No Spits unfortunately.
I wouldn't mess with the FOV Mustang and pick up Dragons version, Oh so much better and can be had relatively cheap.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

csiemers
Corporal
Corporal

Post by csiemers » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:52 am

hworth18 wrote:
I wouldn't mess with the FOV Mustang and pick up Dragons version, Oh so much better and can be had relatively cheap.
I like to have some cheap "expendable" models around that when someone wants to check out my models I can hand them a Forces Of Valor (tank or plane), and if they do damage to it no big loss.

I definitely wouldn't want to hand them one of my Dragon Armors, Corgi Planes, or Hobby Master planes unless I knew they understood how to handle the models.
-Cary

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:53 pm

Got the 1:72 FOV Apache today, I passed on it 3 months ago thinking it would show up eventually in my AO... -yeah right, three months later nothing yet. I've got all the new Battle Extreme Series, except the shark mouth Apache, has anyone spotted it yet?

csiemers
Corporal
Corporal

Post by csiemers » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Sky Ray wrote:Got the 1:72 FOV Apache today, I passed on it 3 months ago thinking it would show up eventually in my AO... -yeah right, three months later nothing yet. I've got all the new Battle Extreme Series, except the shark mouth Apache, has anyone spotted it yet?
On Friday I did find the non-shark mouth Apache at one of my local Targets and picked it up. Also picked up the King Tiger Soldier Set and SdKfz 251 Soldier Set.
All are the Action series.
-Cary

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:30 pm

Exactly what are those soldier sets you found? Might have seen them but may be calling them something else.

csiemers
Corporal
Corporal

Post by csiemers » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:46 pm

hotrodrock wrote:Exactly what are those soldier sets you found? Might have seen them but may be calling them something else.
For example the King Tiger soldier set has a King Tiger tank, and a mix of US and German soldiers, plus some additional pieces.
-Cary

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:56 pm

csiemers wrote:
hotrodrock wrote:Exactly what are those soldier sets you found? Might have seen them but may be calling them something else.
For example the King Tiger soldier set has a King Tiger tank, and a mix of US and German soldiers, plus some additional pieces.
Thanks. I thought there might have been some sets with just soldiers that I had missed.

csiemers
Corporal
Corporal

Post by csiemers » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:52 pm

hotrodrock wrote:Thanks. I thought there might have been some sets with just soldiers that I had missed.
No, haven't seen anything like that, yet.
-Cary

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Found the Enthusiast-grade M1 Abrams (1st Armored Div. Baghdad 2003) at a local Target. It is the same tank that has been out since 2004, with the woodland cammo and light weathering. It came with all the accessories and the info card. That is the second Enthusiast grade modern vehicle I've found at this target in a week. The other was the Baghdad 2003 M2 Bradley. Too bad I already have both... I'm holding out for an Elefant or the Duce-&-a-half, should I get lucky :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:12 pm

Found and bought the enthusiast blooper OIF Bradley at the West Covina Target on friday! Interestingly I bought the ODS Bradley here a year ago too at this same place and timeframe.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:35 pm

Found the FOV action grade Deuce-and-a-half truck at the Clovis, CA Target today. This same store had the enthusiast "Baghdad 2003" M2 Bradley two weeks ago, the enthusiast "Baghdad 2003" M1 Abrams last week and now the truck. Hopefully the Elefant is now next in line... The same MLRS vehicle has been sitting there for quite some time.

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:38 am

Sky Ray wrote:Found and bought the enthusiast blooper OIF Bradley at the West Covina Target on friday! Interestingly I bought the ODS Bradley here a year ago too at this same place and timeframe.
I saw the same Bradley at Target in Warren OH yesterday

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:26 am

Found Enthusist Abrams and Sdkfz 7 Flakvierling at target

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Stopped in the Marietta, GA, WM Superstore near the Big Red Chicken while on my way to pick up a relative from the airport and scored a Brumbar and a Pz IV Ausf H - both of which I missed out on when new.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:58 pm

Yep, saw some more today at the same store along with single green boxed 105s and other old stuff, several targets showed nothing or no signs of restock. The hiram walmart had 4 double nuthins and black 2 fw in the green boxes, also saw the eastern front camo prime mover? type vehicle/morter set kit along with 105 howitzer kits, too. Not done yet, the new p-47/fw190 dogfight kit was in good supply, also.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:43 pm

A good few weeks for 1:32 armor... There was the Elefant and Deuce truck a couple weeks ago and then today I found the S2 paint scheme for the 32x Hetzer 8)

The Hetzer was not found in my area, but a ways south in Visalia for those in my area.

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:45 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:today I found the S2 paint scheme for the 32x Hetzer 8)

The Hetzer was not found in my area, but a ways south in Visalia for those in my area.
Can you reveal which store?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:57 pm

My bad, it was Wal Mart. The tank was discounted to $9 as well, though it looked to have not been on the shelf too long :wink:

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:03 pm

Thanks
I will have to start looking for discounts