Lightening: What's up w/Hobby Master King Tiger sPzAbt 503?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Jagdplastic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Lightening: What's up w/Hobby Master King Tiger sPzAbt 503?

Post by Jagdplastic » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:09 am

Lightening, I noticed that this model just arrived on your site, but is immediately on back order. I've seen that occur on at least one other site. Is it just popular and your orders matched or exceeded your allotment?

Thanks.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

HM King Tiger Tank

Post by lightning2000 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:41 am

Hi,
Frankly, we didnt order enough to meet expectations and have another shipment on the way. I also think that alot of people decided to pick up this particular vehicle cause it now comes with pre-painted soldiers, something the other preceding King Tigers didnt contain.

On a side note, HM has upgraded their packaging for their new aircraft. The new packaging looks to be slightly stronger, more glossy, and contains lots more background information, not to mention images of other similar aircraft in the series. I'm impressed with the new marketing approach and like the way HM seems to "turn-on-a-dime" as they listen to consumer opinions, both good and bad.

This is going to be key as we continue to move to the next stage in diecast collecting. Those companies that dont pay heed to what the consumer opines (provided they are attainable requests) are going to reap the greatest rewards. Those that continue to do business as usual, are going to find it more difficult to maintain market share in the face of growing competition from a quantitative and qualitative standpoint.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Jagdplastic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Lightening:...

Post by Jagdplastic » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:33 am

Lightening, Thanks for the response. Often, you have a hard time just giving those Porsche KTs away.