FOV T-34??

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

FOV T-34??

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:33 pm

Has anyone purchased this vehicle? I am strongly considering it, but have a few questions first. What are the features, and which hatches, exactly, are the ones that open? Is there anything else unique about this model when compared to other FOV tanks? Thanks for your help!

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:11 am

It is one of the better releases. Good paint and weathering. Good tracking and excellent suspension. The two hatches on the turret open and the drivers hatch/vision port also opens. There are two engine hatches that open. There is a main deck hatch and the small round hatch on the back slope of the engine deck. These two are more or less blocked once the tow cables are installed. The add-ons consist of the tow cables, two aerials and a length of track to put on the front of the tank. The commander figure is the classic T34 pose,standing up holding the hatch. The main gun elevates and depresses correctly and the turret rotates pretty well. Hull machinegun moves well too. Many grab irons in the correct places- nice touch. I am not a huge Soviet tank fan, but this is one of my favorite FOV tanks of late. Definitely recommended.

TJ

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:09 pm

Also, I would love to see FOV do a T34/76 and a SU 85 with this hull.

TJ

tmanthegreat

Thanks!

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:53 pm

Thanks for the review! I don't have too much experience with FOV tanks, having only the Matilda and M1A1. Though those models are very nice and have cool accessories, I was dissapointed with how much "playability" the vehicle itself lacked, especially when compared with 21st 1:32 scale vehicles. Glad to know that the T-34 has so much more function added to it and I've just ordered one from BCA. The T-34 will go nicely with my 21st 1:32 German armor!

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:24 am

Many of the "playability" problems with FOV can be fixed with a little modification here and there. I just finished working on my FOV Iraqi T72. The main gun barrel would not depress or go "level". Since the usual Iraqi tank has the gun barrel fully depressed(and burned out), I disassembled the tank to get at the main gun. After shaving off some plastic from the turret floor, the gun works perfectly now. My Jagdpanther needed a slight paint job with an airbrush to knock down some of the over zealous weathering. The Pershing problems(tracking/rolling) are yet to be dealt with. The T34/85 doesnt seem to need anything. The tracks are a little rough rolling but they seem to get better with use.

TJ

tmanthegreat

T-34 Recieved

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:02 pm

Though this thread is pretty much dead, I recieved my FOV T-34 today and I am very impressed with it! Not only were there all the accessories (crates, oil barrels, stowage bags, spair track, building ruin) but the tank itself is simply awesome! I love all the opening hatches and the engine detail! This ups the bar for FOV 1:32 tanks and gives 21st a solid run for the money.