What happend to them???

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

What happend to them???

Post by cruizin2000 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:28 am

Ok,

In the last year and a half to two years we've seen the 2nd series of 32X tanks/halftracks and they've been redone for the Cold Steel line. We've also seen some new and different Cold Steel tanks/AA guns.

Where are the 1st series tanks/half tracks/armored cars?!?!?!?!?!

We've seen pics of them but they've been overlooked for some reason. The molds are there...use 'em.

I would really love to see they redone in Cold Steel. Even the prime mover, U.S. half track, and the playset AT gun. Maybe even put out the German half track with the playset PAK as a combo...with newly sculpted crew figs???

Has anyone else ever wondered this???

C2000
Attack!!!!

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:25 am

I was thinking about those too. I really wanted to get a Cold Steel M-18 Hellcat, but finally broke down and purchased an origional from a member of this board. They may not have produced some of their origional 32x vehicles in Cold Steel form, but in the form of the Wirblewind, Mobelwagon, 88mm Gun, M-113 APC, Panzer III and IV, we have recieved a good selection!

Sniper73
Corporal
Corporal

i hear ya

Post by Sniper73 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:26 am

I can relate to the confusion as to why these have not been reissued, especially the prime mover, PAK and armored cars which have yet to be duplicated by FOV.

It'd be nice to get a higher quality cold steel version of these, much like the panzer III's which imo are a vast improvement over the plastic ones.

Anyway, my 2 cents

Bill

jrs
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jrs » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:14 pm

I keep hitting these posts to rant. I guess I would hope 21st would one day wake up and smell the napalm!

They are like a lost child not knowing their own place? They need to decide who they want to be. In my opinion they do a lot of things that make very little business sense! I also wonder if they are scared by Unimax? Truly this is their show for the taking, question is will they do it?

They have a 8 ton P-mover and a flakverling...mate the two! FOV put out a 251/9 and a 251/C while I have both and they are nice lets not kid our selves. The majority of these things are bought by kids who will play with the toy and in a year its gone. 21st has the cheaper one! They can undercut FOV by a lot. FOV knows this and trys to offer its toys in three grades. ( logistics hell)21st throws in s few good figures and its a sealled deal! They could still undercut unimax. Like you said they have the molds, why no 251/c with say five figures at $10.00 cheaper then the FOV version? Why no quick 251/9 and nebbelwuffer versions? Germany knew that if it built an APC they got a better bang for the buck when it could be done to haul infantry, shoot down planes, provide indirect fire support, etc! Now why cant 21st century see this?

OK I better shut up five posts and they are all ragging 21st century toys! Perhaps I will call them and offer my message board wisdom!

Darrell
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Darrell » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:07 pm

Several months ago some one said something about a all new big set. I hope that some of the things you guys are hoping for. As to the older stuff, they didn't make very many of some things. The PaK 40 has always been scarce, and the first wave of the 1/2track 250 had a 3 man crew, I wish I had that extra guy in my wave 2 1/2track 250.
Darrell