ChairmanMilo's Collection

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: ChairmanMilo's Collection

Post by ChairmanMilo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:21 am

snake wrote:Nice looking themed display's Chairman. 8)

Like that you got the entire Harrier anniversary schemes.

ROCAF is pretty well represented as well in your collection.

I still don't have any Israeli schemes, and need to pick up that F-4 "Kurnass" at some point. Great looking scheme, and wish that a good F-15 came in Israeli colours. Perhaps the new HM F-15E?
I can only hope! If Witty releases their own F-15E and it turns out all right, I might end up with some HM and Witty F-15Is in the future... that would be pretty cool, but then, HM and Witty have to get it pretty much 100% right for me to want to spend $80-100 a shot on F-15Is.
paulmerton wrote:
ChairmanMilo wrote:...and the sole Dragon T-34/85 released thus far.
There was also Dragon Armor 60249, which depicts a captured one used by the Germans in Poland, 1944. It looks practically the same, but has different markings and a Balkenkreuz on the turret.
You're absolutely right! I am missing that one... I will have to try & hunt one down. Thank you.

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:29 am

After selling off quite a bit of my collection I found myself wanting to rotate what I have out on display a few weeks back.

I only have three surfaces on which to display aircraft now - the tops of three shelves - and some space for armour in the book cases themselves, which are now loaded with books.

^ the RAF Coastal Command set has been swapped for a Lancaster and three Halifax bombers (all by Corgi). I guess you could say that the steady stream of PMs about "Friday the 13th" and "Phantom of the Ruhr" reminded me that I actually had both of these gems! I thought it was a good opportunity to get out TL*S and LK*E as well. I had to angle them the way I did so that the nose art was visible; the shelf is in a corner.

^ Falklands War aircraft on the left (Corgi Chinook, Sea King, Wessex, Lynx and Harrier with the Hobby Master Skyhawk) and Iran-Iraq War aircraft on the right (Hobby Master F-4, F-5 and MiG-21 & Century Wings F-14). I have two prints out for the first time that I purchased from a DHP member earlier this year. I have five altogether - a Tornado F3, Tornado GR.1, Jaguar, Buccaneer and Puma. I have room for only two at the moment so out came the Jaguar and Buccaneer.

^ 3 Iranian and 1 Iraqi aircraft, including the aforementioned Hobby Master F-5 that came in one of my more recent deliveries from Merritec.

^ Falklands War aircraft, including two gems that I purchased from PlaneCrazy a couple of months ago - the Chinook (my first) and the Sea King (my second, the first being "Chink 69").

^ British main battle tanks - two Hobby Master Centurion Mk.5s (British Army & Canadian Army) and two IXOs, a Chieftain and a Challenger I. The lower shelf has the first three SdKfz 223s by Dragon.

^ three more IXO main battle tanks - a Leopard 1A5, AMX-30 and Leclerc.

snake
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by snake » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Talk about downsizing, Chairman Milo.

Although I am sure you kept the ones you really wanted. :wink:

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:39 am

Wow :shock: did you really sell off that many?

All them shelves of Migs, Spits, Heavies, HMs, etc?
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:39 am

OMG...you sold most of your collection....the hell you say! ;)
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:29 am

Hey...how did you go about selling off most of your collection? Did you just use ebay? I have a rather large collection and the house is getting cluttered (and the wife pissed, LOL) and need some cash....
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:34 pm

No, fellas, I still have ~200 1:72 tanks and over 500 aircraft in 1:48, 1:72, 1:200 and 1:400... I've sold over a hundred pieces this year so far due to lack of space and rationalization (sticking to what I usually collect). I still have way too much diecast, I just have slightly less :)

... and don't worry, I still have everything I really want. I haven't sacrificed any "Holy Grails" yet.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:50 am

Did you use ebay to sell them all?

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:11 pm

No, I sold a lot to my favourite retailer - Merritec - and at the Diecast Hangar Pub.

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:35 pm

WOW. Your collection is giant. All those FOV 1/32 tanks and 200+ 1/72 tanks and airplanesssssss. You should open a museum already. :D
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

mdangxd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mdangxd » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Holy Lord.......

That is one impressive collection you've accumulated!

How long did it take you to acquire all those models?

Wow! Wish I were you!

snake

Post by snake » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:02 pm

mdangxd wrote:Holy Lord.......

Wow! Wish I were you!

Not to speak for Chairman Milo, but think he has been collecting for a number of years now. More than 5, and less than 10, I believe.

Some guys jump right in and collect a ton quickly, and others accumulate a lot over a number of years.

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:40 pm

mdangxd wrote:Holy Lord.......

Wow! Wish I were you!
I started collecting in February 2007, and stopped collecting 1:32 in mid-2008. I eventually sold all of my 1:32 and the last one was out the door in spring 2010. I stick mainly to 1:72 now, with a tiny bit of 1:48 (WW I fighters). I have downsized a lot lately because of lack of display space and more recently because my wife is looking for work at the moment.

You can be me! Just give me $10k and you can have all of my diecast ;)

skorzeny
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by skorzeny » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:40 pm

WOW , what great collection !!!!