FOV M5A1 Stuart is out

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:58 pm

ostketten wrote:
I tend to agree in principle, the problem for me is that the Target stores in my AO primarily carry the Action grade, so I'm basically stuck with whatever the local retailers have on the shelf, or buy online and pay considerably more. There is a Hobbytown USA store in a town near me, but the prices are not much better than online, and in some cases they are more, even when you factor in the shipping. The few TRU stores around here aren't much better, and while they do carry the Enthusiast line, the selection is very spotty and haphazard.
Hmm, I've never seen the enthusiast line at TRU, just the action line. I thought they only carried those online or at hobby stores? None of my local hobby stores carry them either. :cry:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:45 pm

Every so often I will find an Action grade piece at Target and find that inside is an enthusiast version of the item. I had this happen with several pieces of German armor... a Tiger I, a Hanomag and a Kanonenwagen.
Geoff

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:32 pm

blurx7 wrote:Every so often I will find an Action grade piece at Target and find that inside is an enthusiast version of the item. I had this happen with several pieces of German armor... a Tiger I, a Hanomag and a Kanonenwagen.
Wow, I will have to check Target more often!! :o

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:43 pm

I found Enthusiast versions of the Tiger I, King Tiger, and Kannonwagen at Target as well - mostly a couple months ago. Not a bad deal spending $25 and getting a nicely weathered tank with all the accessories 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:28 am

I mentioned this once before, but will again... it's always worth double checking prices at Target. A year ago, after Christmas, a Target near me had added clearance prices to most of the large FOV pieces. Something like the $15 price you mentioned. Well in their system product seems to automatically continue to further discount at certain time intervals. I don't know for sure how it works, but they ran out of product but the price continued to fall even though the shelf was empty. After they reset after Christmas, by accident I am sure, they left the price on the large pieces at the lowest point which was about $6. They got in a new shipment (two pattons and two abrams) which I bought. They then got another shipment with two Tiger I's and two Hanomags, which I bought. This continued and I got duplicates of several pieces. All at $6 each. Finally they started to get shipments of stuff I already had dupes on, so I passed, and shortly after that they discovered their mistake. But for a while there I felt like the guys in that commercial who find the magic fridge full of Beer. :D
Geoff

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very Lucky! I will definitely be checking Target more often now!