Dragon Armor #60001 reissue announced - kinda

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Dragon Armor #60001 reissue announced - kinda

Post by EnemyAce » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:55 am

Looks like the rumor was true - just saw that Dragon is reissueing their original winter Wittman Tiger 1 in a diorama setting with painted crew as a cyber-hobby exclusive. Very nice looking piece.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Wittmann & Glory

Post by lightning2000 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:19 am

Good Catch Ace!
Also notice that these are the first pre-painted 1:72 scale figures being released by Dragon which leads me to believe that they'll be coming out with a whole range of 1:72 scale pre-painted figures at the upcoming Toy Shows. My guess is that they plan on producing tank crews, infantry and artillery across different eras, not to mention pilots for the 1:72 scale aircraft line.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.bigstep.com
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Painted figs

Post by EnemyAce » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:57 am

Man, I hope you're right Lightning. Those figures look fantastic, and they do have a LCM model kit out now that comes with US army figs. I've been dying for painted 72 scale figs for what seems like forever, and with the announced FOV figs coming out in a few months, and now Dragon jumping in with painted figs, my prayers have been answered. Let's just hope they agree on just how big 1:72 actually is.

Hoverbug
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hoverbug » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:14 am

Where are you guys seeing this?

Gambit
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Dragon Armor #60001 reissue announced - kinda

Post by Gambit » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:15 am

EnemyAce wrote:Looks like the rumor was true - just saw that Dragon is reissueing their original winter Wittman Tiger 1 in a diorama setting with painted crew as a cyber-hobby exclusive. Very nice looking piece.
Thanks EA, but I couldn't find it on Cyber Hobbies site?

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by lightning2000 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:28 am

Try this link to see it first hand.

http://www.cyber-hobby.com/html/UntitledFrame-5.htm

Click on the "Tiger Ace & Glory" link located in the left hand panel...

Lightning2000
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:21 pm

Well, luckily, it's NOT the exact same version.. So it might not kill the value of the first one too bad.. :(

Another BAD Cyberhobby idea, still trying to suck the market dry.. :cry:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:33 pm

This is getting way out of hand. Is this going to be the exact same tank as 60001, yet on a diorama base?

Not good Cyber Hobby. Not Good.
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:47 pm

Gray,
I think it is an "updated" version with RED tactical numbers and the Yellow base paint under the whitewash..

“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:22 pm

Good observation, Harry.

It does appear to have a 'dunkelgelb' basecoat, along with red letters. As compared to the original release with a whitewash over a panzer grey basecoat and outlined letters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

New Wittmann Tank

Post by lightning2000 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:05 pm

Hi,
Just my two cents but I think this will almost certainly be one of the hottest sellers of the bunch. Here's my reasons:

- Anything to do with Michael Wittmann generates interest although you'd think he fought the war against the Allies all by himself based upon all the different renditions Cyber Hobby pumps out
- The new base and figures will generate lots of added excitement
- Alot of people will buy this version purely on speculation after seeing the value of the original MW Tiger soar in value

Again, take it all with a grain of salt if you're considering purchasing this or any of the other limited edition tanks.

Lightning2000

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:32 pm

Can anyone find the correct link to order? I logged in, but couldn't find it to add to my basket. Have they listed it for sale yet?

Gambit
Corporal
Corporal

Tiger Ace and Glory

Post by Gambit » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:21 am

I had problems locating it as well, refresh doesn't work.
Once in the CH armor exclusives section do a search for Tiger Ace in Dragon Models and it should pop up, order and then return to the store and check the basket. :D
This is going sell out quick, and then we all....waaaaaaaait. :cry:
Good Luck
Last edited by Gambit on Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sgt. Stryker
Corporal
Corporal

"Tiger Ace & Glory"

Post by Sgt. Stryker » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:43 am

Does anyone else have a problem with the word "Glory" in this product description?
Didn't Wittman, crew, and "Tiger" get "Toasted" by an American built Tank 6 months after that photo was taken?

hworth18

Re: "Tiger Ace & Glory"

Post by hworth18 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:12 pm

Sgt. Stryker wrote:Does anyone else have a problem with the word "Glory" in this product description?
Didn't Wittman, crew, and "Tiger" get "Toasted" by an American built Tank 6 months after that photo was taken?
Yes, I love one of the last releases that said " The Glory of the Waffen SS"... That was quite offensive, but the Chinese don't seem to get that.. :oops:
I guess from the Chinese point of view, with them being subjected to the brutality of the Japanese during WWII and their own Government, the Nazi's are pretty tame.. :roll:
-Howard Stark

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: New Wittmann Tank

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:15 am

lightning2000 wrote:Hi,
Just my two cents but I think this will almost certainly be one of the hottest sellers of the bunch. Here's my reasons:

- Anything to do with Michael Wittmann generates interest although you'd think he fought the war against the Allies all by himself based upon all the different renditions Cyber Hobby pumps out
- The new base and figures will generate lots of added excitement
- Alot of people will buy this version purely on speculation after seeing the value of the original MW Tiger soar in value

Again, take it all with a grain of salt if you're considering purchasing this or any of the other limited edition tanks.

Lightning2000
Lightning2000, in your opinion, which do you think will be the more popular and have a better chance of becoming another 60001, is it 60145 or 60146? If you had to choose one and only one, which would it be? I'm just curious.
I personally bought the 60146 just because it had a different number on the tank. I already have an S04, 222, 007 so I wanted the 1331. I have no intention of buying 60145 since I have that number tank and I don't buy just on speculation that it will increase in value. I buy because I like it or to complete a set and so on. Also I'm not crazy about the figures with 60145, they look like they went to a Mary Kay party and someone got carried away with the mascara. Hopefully it is just a bad picture and the actual figures don't look like that.
http://www.hobbymastercollector.com/

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."
- Winston Churchill

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:52 pm

I went ahead and got one, because the collector in me likes to have them all.

I do think this will be highly prized by collectors, though I doubt it will ever surpass the original in value or demand.

IMO, along with the 60001 original Wittmann Tiger and the 60002 Summer Tiger, the most promising CH releases are the sold out Otto Carius Tiger and the sold out Wittmann Kursk Tiger.

Why Wittmann, the Nazi SS member, gets more love from Dragon, than Carius, who had more kills and refused to join the SS (when offered in person by Himmler)...is beyond me.

Which of the CH releases looks the 'coolest' to you?

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:49 pm

I have the first 15 tanks issued by Dragon Armor but then I decided I didn't need 6 or 8 Tigers and 10 King Tigers and so on. Now I just buy the vehicles that haven't already been done over and over again in different paint schemes. I just bought the Bergtiger and the 60034 Bradley. My next purchase will be 60043 Tiger F and then 60056 AAV-7A1. The only reason for the 60043 is because I don't have any F versions of the Tiger. After that I'll get 60057 LVTP-7, 60058 and 60059 only because they are different versions of the Hummer. And so on and so on.
I started out collecting Wittmann special editions and so far have resisted buying Carius and others because it just gets out of hand. If I wasn't buying the regular issue tanks and also collecting 1/72 WW II planes, I would probably buy the limited editions and only the limited editions. I have to draw the line somewhere. I figure I can buy somewhere between 3 - 5 regular issue tanks for the money I spend on some specials. I just like too many of the releases coming out so I decided to restrict myself so I can afford to get all the ones I want. I don't buy on speculation that a piece will go up in vakue, it is strictly for the sake of collecting.
The 60146, the # 1331 tank on the grass is probably my favorite Witmann. Why Dragon pushed Wittmann over others, I don't know. Do I think that once the well runs dry with Wittmanns that Dragon will then probably go with Carius until they pump that dry, definitely. I think the way Carius' tank sold so well he will probably be the next special edition they concentrate on.
This is just my opinion.

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."
- Winston Churchill

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Next Most Coveted Tank

Post by lightning2000 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:18 pm

Hello FOV,
Keep in mind that the #60001 is truly unique because it was minted in far fewer numbers than any tank to date and was the inaugural vehicle in the Dragon Armor line. From here on out, you can be sure Dragon is making much larger production runs of each antecedent vehicle.

Right now, if I had to choose one recently released limited edition vehicle, I'd go with the #60145, "Tiger Ace & Glory," even though it hasnt come out as yet. Not only do you get one of most celebrated tanks (featuring 88 kill rings) but a five man crew as well. It also looks as if Dragon is starting to up the value-added ante by including figures, trees, fancier bases and, in due time, entire vignettes. I wouldnt be surprised if you start to see more battle scenes, such as Wittmann's tank hiding in a small copse of wood overlooking a column of British tanks a la "Viller Bocage," or a group of tank commanders mulling over a map while standing near their mounts before the Battle of Prohkorovka.

Anyway, that's my observation so take it for what you will.

Lightning2000

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:02 pm

Thanks lightning2000, I appreciate other opinions, it helps give me an understanding of what and why we collect what we do.
Other than the fact that I already have an S04 the only other thing that turned me off the 60145 were the figures. It might just be a bad picture but it sure looks like the boys went wild with mascara or they took one h--l of a beating from Mike Tyson. The eyes seem to have too too much black around them. Like I said, I hope it is just a bad picture.
Now that Dragon is going to release a Stug this year I wouldn't be surprised if they put one out as the vehicle Wittmann served in early in his career. I wish they would do a Tiger with Wittmann's S21 on it, the correct number for his early tank, not S04 like most die cast companies seem to make. If they ever release an Sd.Kfz.222 and or an Sd.Kfz.232, they will be making a Wittmann version for sure. I wish they would do something new like this instead of pumping his Tigers to death.
I also figure that when Wittmann is used up and they can't come up with any new ideas they will move on to Carius and others.
That's another thing, why did Wittmann become Dragon's star instead of people with more kills to their name? People like the top ace Kurt Knispel, # 2 Otto Carius and # 3 Hans Bolter, what brought Wittmann from 4th to stardom?

- Winston Churchill

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:03 pm

I'd like to see them do a Barkhorn Panther.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Wittmann

Post by lightning2000 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:29 pm

FOV,
Besides his legendary exploits, I think Wittmann gets the lion's share of the attention because of the unit he served in - 1st LSSAH -- Hitler's namesake division. Keep in mind too that he fought the western Allies as well as the eastern Allies, so his fame skyrockets on both sides of the ledger, particularly with the British and Americans after Normandy. He's become a bit of a romantic figure for some, sort of like Richtofen in WWI, hyped by the German Propaganda Ministry at a time when they needed heroes in lieu of battlefield victories.

Lightning2000

Bravo_26
Corporal
Corporal

help please.

Post by Bravo_26 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:15 pm

I can't seem to order the pre-order MW Tiger w/figs. I keep getting the log-in request at Cyber-Hobby...and I keep entering & entering & entering...

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:23 am

Did you register with Cyber-Hobby? You have to register or you can't order. It's free.

- Winston Churchill

Sgt. Stryker
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Sgt. Stryker » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:04 pm

This question is far fetched, but has anyone at this forum, besides myself, considered the possibility that an ex-Nazi living in Hong Kong is the "brains" behind Dragon's military product lines?