FoV Toyfair 2007 1:72

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

FoV Toyfair 2007 1:72

Post by grunt1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:12 pm

No idea if some or any of these are new
or already out.

-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:50 pm

I think I gotta have that Landing Craft!
Thanks for the pics!
Geoff

digger

1/72

Post by digger » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:32 am

Unimax also had (I don't think pics were allowed of this WIP) detailed 1/72 tanks that used Infra-Red technology for remote control instead of radio. This allows the user to control the tank with one hand, leaning the hand forward to make the tank advance, leaning your hand back for reverse, to the side for a turn. A joystick for the thumb would control the Turret, and there is a fire button. The best part? The tanks could fight! Score hits on each other and after a few score a kill! With noise feedback! Talk about making the most of your diorama!

The only thing I am wondering and hope they do is allow multiple tanks to operate at the same time without interference, and recognize the varying speeds, armor and firepower of different tanks.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:33 am

The only thing I am wondering and hope they do is allow multiple tanks to operate at the same time without interference, and recognize the varying speeds, armor and firepower of different tanks.
It should be possible to do by varying the frequency and pulse duration of the infrared signal(s), the big question will be how many different "channel" options/variations they will offer for the various models and their controllers, that will ultimately determine the maximum number of tanks you can have running at one time in close proximity to one another. A very cool concept though, I can't wait to get a couple of these so me and my kids can engage in some family room armored warfare 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"