Hanomag question

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Hanomag question

Post by blurx7 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:23 pm

I am sure at least twelve of you fanatics out there will have an answer to this, so help me out.
I am staring at two 21st Century 1/32 Hanomags. One is the original S2 camo version in the gray box. The other is part of the recent Iron Horses set. The former is described as "Sd KF2 259 Halftrack", while the latter is described as "SdKfz. 251/1 Ausf.D"
Now from what I can see, other than the different paint schemes, they are exactly the same machine. Am I missing something? Is there some subtle distinction I have failed to grasp?
Please. Educate me, oh grand masters! bring light into the darkness.
Geoff

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:51 pm

Must be a box typo - there's nothing different between the two vehicles other than the paintscheme :wink:

It is a nice little halftrack, with the opening engine, rear doors, and interior detail. Its kind of hard - though possible - to get a figure into the driver's seat since the cab roof does not seem to come off - at least on mine. I also like how the forward machine gun moves with its shield instead of the shield being fixed as on the 1:18 version.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:00 pm

Can't say I've ever heard of a "Sd KF2 259 Halftrack"

Maybe a 251/9....though that would have big gun on top and would look different.

I would agree with the above post.

-H