FOV 1/72 Planes

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

FOV 1/72 Planes

Post by catman » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:28 pm

Found a first wave at Target:

Pearl Harbor Zero
1944 Germany ME-262
Pearl harbor P-50 Warhawk US

Other ones to come:

JU-87B-2 Stukas
UK Hurricanes
Various VMFs Corsairs, Pacific

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:34 pm

Not entirely new, those are out at Targets all over my area - and were so just prior to the holidays :wink:

They are the "Action Grade" versions of the planes, but are identical in paintscheme and weathering to the "Enthusiast" versions. Only the pieces to display the landing gear in the retracted position are missing from the action versions. I picked up the ME-262 at Target, but was disappointed to find that it didn't come with the extra set of landing gear (in the retracted position) and only has the gear extended. For comparative purposes, I ordered the P-40 from Badcat using my 10% off cupon. The "Enthusiast" P-40 comes in a different box than the action version and has the pieces to display the landing gear up or down.

Still, retracted landing gear or not, they are nice planes, especially for the price! The engine detail on the P-40 is amazing and I like the opening cowling on the Zero and gun access on the ME-262.

FOV, in my opinion, outdid their previous planes with the Zero, ME-262, and P-40. The seriously need to produce a P-51, Spitfire, and ME-109 now 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."