My First 1/32nd Airplane

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

My First 1/32nd Airplane

Post by MightyMustang » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:31 pm

Hey guy's Merry Christmas! I hope everyone got what they asked for. Me? I got my first 21st Century 1/32nd airplane. The black P-47 Thunderbolt that respresents the 56th Fighter Group. All I can say is that I'm very impressed, very impressed. But I have a question. Why does it seem 21st puts more detail into their 1/32nd planes then the 1/18th planes? I have a 1/18th Thunderbolt but it has no where near the detail that this 1/32nd version does. Whats the deal on that? After getting this Thunderbolt I may have to scale down! God only knows it would save me the room. But again very nice Thunderbolt in 1/32nd scale 21st. Now I'm gonna have to get me a 1/32nd Corsair to add to the collection.

Merry Christmas everyone.

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: My First 1/32nd Airplane

Post by der Vogelfänger » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:11 am

MightyMustang wrote:Hey guy's Merry Christmas! I hope everyone got what they asked for. Me? I got my first 21st Century 1/32nd airplane. The black P-47 Thunderbolt that respresents the 56th Fighter Group. All I can say is that I'm very impressed, very impressed. But I have a question. Why does it seem 21st puts more detail into their 1/32nd planes then the 1/18th planes? I have a 1/18th Thunderbolt but it has no where near the detail that this 1/32nd version does. Whats the deal on that? After getting this Thunderbolt I may have to scale down! God only knows it would save me the room. But again very nice Thunderbolt in 1/32nd scale 21st. Now I'm gonna have to get me a 1/32nd Corsair to add to the collection.

Merry Christmas everyone.

:D
MM,

If it is a Corsair you are pondering, as I am, check out the British F4U/Royal Navy No.1834 Squadron from the HMS Victorious, due out next month. The Camo scheme looks to be very nice. If I get this offering, I will write about it and post.

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:28 am

sigh....another lost soul...

:wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:41 am

Welcome Mighty Mustang!!
The 32x series is just getting better and better, probably due to high quality model kits coming on the market that 21st can use as a basis for their prototypes.. I have 40 or so 32x planes and the latest releases are just absolutely fantastic!!! The new Corsair is one of the best IMHO, in that I have both paint schemes with "Big Hog" being my favorite, followed by the new Bf-109F next..
As a matter of fact, I have also heard rumor that our next A/C releases will be planes that the XD guys have been clamoring for, but are just too big to release in XD scale.. :wink: (ponder that one)
So, stay tuned, because this just keeps getting better and better.. :D
Last edited by hworth18 on Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:52 am

aferguson wrote:sigh....another lost soul...

:wink:
Fear not, A--there may be some 1/32 offerings I pick because they simply are not available in 1/18 (or I am just too damned impatient to wait until they are). But as long as there is room on these 5 acres for another building or two, my 1/18 collection will keep growing.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:30 pm

The 32x line is a great scale to delve into along with your 1:18 collection! The planes are getting nearly as good as far as detail, save that they tend not to have all the working control surfaces. You really need to get the Corsair, Stuka, Zero, Macchi, and ME-109F/G to really start to appreciate what the aircraft in this scale offer! The P-47 is great, but those others are even better 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:36 pm

pics please
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!