1:32 Opel Blitz question

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
gary1930
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

1:32 Opel Blitz question

Post by gary1930 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:32 am

It looks like 21st used the same cab for their Blitz and Maultier, although the Blitz should not have the cutout at the rear of the cab near the running board for the Maultier tracks:

But I recall seeing pics of one that was correct. Are there two versions out there?

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

opel

Post by digger » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:42 am

The paint master you see on BCA's site and elsewhere does not have the cut out, but all the actual pieces I have seen do. I doubt there are 2 versions.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:10 am

I think 21c made the logical choice of making their moulds adaptable for two vehicles. More bang for the buck. In order to do so, a little bit of exacting accuracy would have to be sacraficed. I personally didn't notice the curved running board until pointed out here and I don't think it detracts from the model in the slightest :wink:

Now, if you want an interesting mod for eithe vehicle, The siding on the bed is made of seperate pieces. Ahough they are glued, they can be removed easily to make a truck with an open flat bed 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."