just got a 32x Stuka..haven't opened it yet, have questions

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

just got a 32x Stuka..haven't opened it yet, have questions

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:18 pm

where is the centerline bomb? don't see it in the package.

I guess the wings are dive-brakes up, it looks like they molded the 7.92mm MGs on the wings? Are they well detailed.

The Fuel tanks/110kg bombs look awesome. The fuselage is excellent.
wish I could add a dive-siren to the yellow nose, I guess I would swap out undercarriages with the stuka that has one.

How does the plane fit together? any problems that need to be worked out?

Wieslaw
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: just got a 32x Stuka..haven't opened it yet, have questi

Post by Wieslaw » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:38 am

Panzer,
my sons received some 21CT 1/32 planes, i.a. the desert Stuka. Don't worry, the central bomb is in, it's fixed under the fuselage. I agree with somebody's opinion that it looks too small as well as it's "arm". There is also a strange "pocket" on the lower surface of the fuselage, behind the cooler, but is fortunately not well visible. The little problem is, that you couldn't fit the wings enough stiff to the fuselage; I'm not sure yet if better to use the cement or to stiffen them in another way. But the whole plane looks great! It's one of the best 21CT products and I have to notice their models are better and better. I can imagine the quality of the next ones: Spitfires, Hurricanes...
For our freedom and yours

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:02 am

The wings are a tough fit (similar to P-47 in PITA factor) but a firm, careful pressure will get thm on without breaking anything..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:42 pm

The dive sirens are present on the landing gear, right? They are just missing the little props. The desert version doesnt have them, the other three do. The odd indentation(pocket) is where the dive window was located. They modeled it on the 1:18 version, but left it "filled" in the 32x version. The main bomb is smaller than the size modellled on the 1:18 version, but they are still correct. Nice models with a tempermental wing stucture- I agree...

TJ

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:41 pm

Very nice models :D My favorites are a toss up between the yellow nose and snake versions. Only the green "splinter cammo" version has the little propellers on the sirens, all others have the sirens removed.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:58 am

krieglok wrote:The dive sirens are present on the landing gear, right? They are just missing the little props. The desert version doesnt have them, the other three do. The odd indentation(pocket) is where the dive window was located. They modeled it on the 1:18 version, but left it "filled" in the 32x version. The main bomb is smaller than the size modellled on the 1:18 version, but they are still correct. Nice models with a tempermental wing stucture- I agree...

TJ
nope just capped stubs, no prop for the sirens.