Ace in a day for 32x?????

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Ace in a day for 32x?????

Post by hworth18 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:47 pm

I, and many other people seem to be in the same situation...
With Walmarts new inventory policy of "zero or nothing" it may be a long time before we see any NEW planes with Zeros and Macchis floundering on the shelves...
Would it be a good idea for 21st to offer another promotion, similar to the XD promotion, to get these moving off the shelves?? Say, buy 6 Zeros/Macchis and get a "limited run to 500" special 32x plane??
I think it would not only benefit 21st, but it would benefit local collectors who are having to resort to Ebay or "buddies" and have to pay unnecessary shipping just to get the new planes.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

rose4472g
Corporal
Corporal

Post by rose4472g » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:04 pm

No Help here. Only thing on local WM shelves are STUGs, BRUMs, and PZIVs. Oh, and 1/18th 109s, lots of those. I've expanded to FIVE WMs in south LA county, they carry very little. When I get out into the suburbs things look better. I can't recon 60 miles out though :cry: I htink the only reason for 21st sticking to WM is WM will put their 1/18th stuff on their shelves. Its got to be hard to find retailers who'll set those big old boxes on the shelves for MONTHS.

David

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:13 pm

It would help in my area. There are at least two Wal Marts still with a bunch of Macchis and Zeros. I also wouldn't mind the same idea for the ME-109Gs. The stores in my area still have a bunch - many being the red-nosed variant, still in the old blue box from two years ago!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:16 pm

hey rose4472g, I've been scouring store after store in the LA and OC area (at least a dozen branches) and have had rotten luck finding anything (only Huntington Beach had a big stack of devil dogs corsairs and yellow nosed stukas). I ranted in another thread, but even the stores that do not have zeros and maachis are lacking in new product. I think they are just waiting for their holiday resets, because there is no reason for the shelves to be bare. It's totally frustrating and I can't wait to pick up the versions I want so I can avoid those wretched stores for a few months, at least until the next cool planes come out...in the meantime, I just refuse to go into Wal Mart except to look for these planes. No impulse buys or any shopping for anything else while I'm there...

Flak Happy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Flak Happy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:49 pm

rose,nooker, I been hitting the same stores locally also (LA,OC) with some luck. I found my avenger in the Brea WM
not to long ago. I also heard that the WM in Pico is converting to a super WM and will be clearecing alot of current stock to make room for x-mas. They have at least 10 or more bf-109s and a few f-104s that will be reduced soon. :)

Razor17019

Re: Ace in a day for 32x?????

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:08 pm

hworth18 wrote:Would it be a good idea for 21st to offer another promotion, similar to the XD promotion, to get these moving off the shelves?? Say, buy 6 Zeros/Macchis and get a "limited run to 500" special 32x plane??
I think it would not only benefit 21st, but it would benefit local collectors who are having to resort to Ebay or "buddies" and have to pay unnecessary shipping just to get the new planes.. :wink:
ACES??? Yeah, this "ace" is still waiting for his "prize" for the 4 XD Planes I bought last year.... Don't encourge the same thing for x32... :(
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

hworth18

Re: Ace in a day for 32x?????

Post by hworth18 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:16 pm

Razor17019 wrote: ACES??? Yeah, this "ace" is still waiting for his "prize" for the 4 XD Planes I bought last year.... Don't encourge the same thing for x32... :(
Sorry... It sounded like a good idea.... :oops:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:32 pm

hey rose4472g, I've been scouring store after store in the LA and OC area (at least a dozen branches) and have had rotten luck finding anything (only Huntington Beach had a big stack of devil dogs corsairs and yellow nosed stukas). I ranted in another thread, but even the stores that do not have zeros and maachis are lacking in new product. I think they are just waiting for their holiday resets, because there is no reason for the shelves to be bare. It's totally frustrating and I can't wait to pick up the versions I want so I can avoid those wretched stores for a few months, at least until the next cool planes come out...in the meantime, I just refuse to go into Wal Mart except to look for these planes. No impulse buys or any shopping for anything else while I'm there...

rose4472g
Corporal
Corporal

Post by rose4472g » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:40 pm

I Shop at WM all the time. Got lucky today, found two M7s at the WM by my work. Been waiting for this one. I think there are some problems (from our point of view) with the Market model at work here. I think maybe 21st needs to slow down on the number of skins released all at once. Also, they really need to think hard about each model. Granted they save money by just repainting the STUGIV, but it just wasn't that great a model in the first place (I bought one but only to steal the tracks!). At least one of the Macchi's was just plain ugly, the Brum just too odd (and ugly). For the longest time my WMs had only Brums and STUGs, frankly ugly stuff. I'm surprised that people still see Zeros I've seen very few in the last few months, and all of them were pretty good looking (I'm looking for Nishizawa's (spelling?) A6M3). The only Macchi's I've seen for months are the ugly STUG pattern. The real problem (this is going to make me REAL unpopular) are the 1/18th models. They sit on the shelves FOREVER. They take up a huge amount of shelf space, and don't move. All the WMs in my area have lots of 1/18th 109s, many will still be on the sehlves in January. I'm surprised WM keeps selling them.

David

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:44 pm

almost picked up a M.202 tonight...but I think I'm going to go with the JG77 M.205 in place.

Still want my Bf 109G-6 in 32x

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:39 am

rose4472g wrote:I Shop at WM all the time. Got lucky today, found two M7s at the WM by my work. Been waiting for this one. I think there are some problems (from our point of view) with the Market model at work here. I think maybe 21st needs to slow down on the number of skins released all at once. Also, they really need to think hard about each model. Granted they save money by just repainting the STUGIV, but it just wasn't that great a model in the first place (I bought one but only to steal the tracks!). At least one of the Macchi's was just plain ugly, the Brum just too odd (and ugly). For the longest time my WMs had only Brums and STUGs, frankly ugly stuff. I'm surprised that people still see Zeros I've seen very few in the last few months, and all of them were pretty good looking (I'm looking for Nishizawa's (spelling?) A6M3). The only Macchi's I've seen for months are the ugly STUG pattern. The real problem (this is going to make me REAL unpopular) are the 1/18th models. They sit on the shelves FOREVER. They take up a huge amount of shelf space, and don't move. All the WMs in my area have lots of 1/18th 109s, many will still be on the sehlves in January. I'm surprised WM keeps selling them.

David
I hear you on the stuff not moving in Ca. It is a pretty similar story where I live north of you. The 32x Stukas and Corsairs sold well, but then I bought alot of the origional batch to send to fellow boardmembers :wink: The 1:18 ME-109Gs (especialy the red-nosed version) have sat around for over a year. I'm not holding my breath as far as seeing anything new in 1:18 anytime soon, but now to get back on the topic of 32x products...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."