32X scale Nebelwerfer....???

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

32X scale Nebelwerfer....???

Post by ostketten » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:05 am

Found this at the TSSD site...
http://www.sdsoldiers.com/DSC873.JPG
I'm assuming it is 1/32nd scale or thereabouts, because it is shown with a bunch of 54mm diorama stuff, but it doesn't say what the scale is so I can't be certain. At any rate, it looks neat, and assuming it is 32X, a little glue, paint, and detailing should make it a great addition to any 1/32 collection, and at $10 it won't break the bank either.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:45 am

hmm.....looks a bit wonky. Probably just the angle of the pic. I'm surprised a nebelwerfer hasn't come out yet in 1/32. Would be a very popular item i should think.

I scratch built a 1/18 scale, 5 barrel, 210mm nebelwerfer a couple of years ago (he said puffing out his chest).
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:55 am

Only nebelwerfers I have ever seen are in 1/6 scale. Plain grey and cammo paint scheme. Pretty expensive though.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:48 pm

Aferg, you made extras, right? :-D
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:49 pm

looks a bit wonky
Yeah, it doesn't appear to be too detailed does it... On the other hand it is the only thing available in 32X (that I am aware of) and it only costs $10, so if I want a Nebelwerfer in my collection I am going to have to be a bit more forgiving of the apparent lack of intricate detail. Here is a pic of a Nebel from a museum somewhere... http://www.pbase.com/mrclark/image/63318556
Aside from the missing front stabilizer baseplate, the TSSD resin model does not look too terrible to me.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:54 pm

Quite to the contrary. When it is painted up and weathered, I am sure it will be a great looking piece. There really wasnt much to the real ones anyway. You could probably add some brass wire or other simple details to make it a really nice piece.

TJ

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:17 pm

i guess. They were mounted on the same carriage that the Pak 36 was, with long thin trails, not the short chunky things that one has. Plus the wheels look far too large, but that could be the pic.

To be honest, i'd wait, i'm sure that a 1/32 one will come along. Another alternative is to build the Italarei or Esci 1/35 kits, if you're not overly fussy on scale.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:43 pm

People around here fussy?! Surely you jest.

-H

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:57 pm

People around here fussy?! Surely you jest.
Who, me??? :shock: With regard to the trails, tires, and any other issues related to detail, I'll just have to imagine that it is a late war production Nebel, and shortcuts in materials and workmanship have been taken..... seems plausible to me. 8) As for building a 1/35th Nebel kit, I'll pass on that option, frankly 1/35th stuff does not go well with 32X in my experience, it kinda looks as though it needs a shot of growth hormone or something. :lol: :lol:

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:15 am

I got a 1/35 scale Nebelwerfer 41

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:22 am

Naaa not you.. I was just being funny.

Say Ostketten, been to HobbyTown Frederick lately? Just wondering if they have any new FoV

I can't wait until Unimax announces their 2007 line up in a month or so.

-H

GIToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by GIToys » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:37 pm

This is included in their joint venture with Barzso...it's an enormous Stalingrade playset (and absolutely incredible). I picked up the set at the West Coaster in March. Check it out!
--MJ, gitoys

jrs
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jrs » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:40 pm

I would say that TSSD does a pretty good job on researching the stuff they make. Nice people as well. I am almost positive that this piece is true to scale and very accurate.

In addition at ten bucks its a great price. Waiting on 21st to make one ? No thanks, how many deuce & half's do you think they could sell, yet we havent seen one of those either?