Pics of the S2 21st century stuff!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
jrs
Corporal
Corporal

Pics of the S2 21st century stuff!

Post by jrs » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:39 am

Sorry I cant attach as they belong to TSSD ( toy soldiers san diego) the new 88 looks great! They have the pics of the King Tiger as well. A few others!

mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by mikeg » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:15 pm

This would apparently be new 1/32nd repaints and would explain the kerfuffle over the tiger paint scheme at KB toys in the northeast somewhere a week or two ago?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:06 pm

i thought the S2 88mm would be a DAK version. Looks good none the less. Guess they're saving the DAK one.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:23 pm

That 88 looks great and I like all the "kill" rings on the barrel. The Kingtiger repaint is the same as the one that one of our members found at KBs a week or so ago.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:13 pm

Looking good. The 88 and Mobelwagen will have to make it into my collection for sure. I already have the KT so I don't need that, and correct me if I'm wrong but the paintscheme on the Wirbelwind looks pretty much the same as the one that is already out there??

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:41 pm

just an fyi, the mobelwagen never entered production with the flakvierling. That was a prototype only (perhaps as many as 10 prototypes but probably closer to one) that may or may not have seen trials in Hungary. The production variant carried the 37mm flak.

However, someone a bit enterprising could get the tamiya 1/35 kit and plunk it onto the mobelwagen chassis. You'd also end up with a flakvierling left over that you could set up on it's own. :)

jrs
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jrs » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:54 pm

Ya a proto but it looks so good with the Flakverling, who's complaining? Also I have pulled the flakverling from one and I was going to set it up on its on, however I figure its only a matter of time before 21st sets this up on its own. Probably with the trolly that I would never get jsut right?

I guess If they were thinking over at 21st this would leave room for both the MW and WW to be refitted with the 3.7cm flak gun? Two new releases new crews new guns and new paint. Probably profitable compared to comming up with something totally new?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:55 am

perhaps but the WW never had the 37mm, the Ostwind did but had a totally redesigned turret, so we'll see if 21c does the rework or not.