F4U Corsair- the next airplane to be produced in 1:32 scale!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ogravl
Sergeant
Sergeant

F4U Corsair- the next airplane to be produced in 1:32 scale!

Post by ogravl » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:28 am

Pics up on 21st site. :D Looking good 21st. :wink:

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:24 pm

Sweet!!! I can't wait for the "other" schemes.... :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:30 pm

Now that's the way to go, 21c! While I like the inclusion of rare warbirds to the 1:32 line (ie the Macchis), the Corsair and Stuka make much more sense :wink:

The Corsair scheme looks good, and I hope to see some exciting schemes - and there are already some good 1:18 examples. The inclusion of the open cowl flaps sure makes the aircraft look alot better, IMHO and I'm glad to hear about the folding wings. Now there's two more 32x aircraft I plan to get 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:02 pm

Kinda makes you wonder if we'll see the Stuka and Corsair issued together????? :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:27 pm

Seems likely... The two best Stuka schemes will go to the west, while the two best Corsair schemes go to the east or vice versa. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait :)

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:37 pm

Should be a winner.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:34 pm

I like the way you think Harry. The Stuka, Corsair, and one more plane would be a nice assortment for the next run of 1/32nd scale planes.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:37 pm

KAMIKAZE wrote:I like the way you think Harry. The Stuka, Corsair, and one more plane would be a nice assortment for the next run of 1/32nd scale planes.

Mark

S1-S3 Stuka, S1-S3 Corsair and Black 12 Fw-190D9 as the repaint.. Sounds good to me... :D :D :D :D
-Howard Stark

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:46 pm

hi guys

i usually stay on the other side of the board but i might buy this bird and the stuka

god so little time and money
whats up doc....

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Believe the hype...

Post by c44 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:46 pm

...the choice of the Corsair as a new release is hardly a suprise, but the execution is a jolt...! The quality of this new offering is superb...well, personally I was happy the way 21CT "came out swinging", & they just scored a knock-out... :!:
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:23 am

Corsair, folding wings, 1/32 scale, $14.99...it will be mine! :D :D

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

Wieslaw
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Wieslaw » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:30 am

Pardon, where do you buy the 1/32 21st CT planes for $14,99??? :shock:
I pay 20 - 25 dollars!
:wink:
Wieslaw
For our freedom and yours

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:39 am

Wieslaw wrote:Pardon, where do you buy the 1/32 21st CT planes for $14,99??? :shock:
I pay 20 - 25 dollars!
Wieslaw
We get them all at Wal Mart stores for that price. As you probably know, Wal Mart is one of the world's largest corporations, though most of their stores are found within the US. The company does have international subsidaries, such as their ASDA stores in the United Kingdom, but these are nothing compared to the size and economic clout of the average Wal Mart Supercenter in the US. Wal Mart aparently prides itself on effeciency (which isn't entirely so) and offering nearly every product one can think of for a "below retail" price. What often happens is that the stores sell a bunch of junk with some quality items. Their employees are not of the highest standards and decent customer service is hard to come by. Stores are often unkempt and the products are not well cared for. The company does have its niche, however, offering products and services to the masses of America cheaply & at the expense of other quality businesses. For that reason, the company has grown. In a way, its really a shame that this is the fate of American retail & perhaps capitalism itself... Pray a Wal Mart doesn't come to your little Polish community as it will outcompete and destroy most other smaller businesses :?

Sorry for the rant, to get back on topic...

The 32x aircraft (and 1:18 planes as well) often show up at Wal Mart months before they go to the small retailers. They are nearly $5-$10 cheaper as well, hence why you hear about boardmembers here endlessly searching Wal Marts in their communities. The only problem is that different areas of the US tend to get different aircraft assortments. For example, California might get the S3 Macchi 202, and the S2 & S3 Zeros, while in New York they get the S1 & S2 Macchi 202 and the S1 Zero. Ultimately, most releases make it from one end of the country to the other, but it usually seems to take alot more time for products to move east to west as opposed to the opposite direction :roll:

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:52 am

Wieslaw wrote:Pardon, where do you buy the 1/32 21st CT planes for $14,99??? :shock:
I pay 20 - 25 dollars!
Wieslaw
Yep, what Tman said...

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

Wieslaw
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Wieslaw » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:47 pm

Tman,

of course, I know, what Walmart is :wink: (yes, it is probably going to come to Poland, but it is not the first great company, which has it's - as we call them "in Polish" - "hipermarkets" in our country. So, the problem: they vs. smaller businesses isn't new. But I'm afraid, the assortment of WM in Poland won't be the same as in US...).

I also read (jealously...) your posts, where you compare the availability of the models in Walmarts in your cities and states. I think, the "gripping" policy of 21st CT is effective; the more difficult to reach any new model, the more we discuss about it and the more we need it and all other (I like this dynamic marketing much more than the FoV's one).

But so (relatively) big difference between the prices is a surprise for me. Are the 21st CT tanks or the FoV stuff in WM cheapper, too?

Wieslaw
For our freedom and yours

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:14 pm

Yeah, everything 21c in all scales is cheaper 8) There isn't much FOV (only the soldiers of steel series) and they are a little cheaper, too. WM can afford to sell things in bulk and below retail price whereas the more honest small retailers can't :?