Switched boxes

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
mperdu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Switched boxes

Post by mperdu » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:30 am

I checked my Walmart yesterday and was surprised to see quite a few 21st Century items in both scales. I bought a 1/32 P-51, a third paint scheme Zero and a second paint scheme Macci...at least to me, they are 3rd and 2nd versions. The surprise was a P-40 Warhawk in a P-47 box. Someone had switched planes as I assume the the P-47 is more collectible or rare? I bought the Warhawk as it looked complete and unharmed and it was the first one I've seen.
What do you guys think, should I be happy I got a Warhawk or mad that I missed a P-47. It's the one with the skull on the cowl. They had a few of that same plane in 1/18 scale so I'm wondering if it's really that desirable.
Mike

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:34 am

It is a common occurance to see 21st 32x planes packed in the wrong box.. I have seen a couple of Wespen 109s in P-51 Mustang boxes here.. I would guess that they either don't pay attention when they are packing them or, they run out of that particular box and think its okay to pack them in another box..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:17 pm

I once got a 32x "Black 1" Fw-190D9 in a P-47 box from a small retailer. The box was factory sealed and had the correct FW-190 info sticker on the window, however.

The mismatched 21c box certainly occurs; however since your find was at Wal Mart, the plane could very well have been switched by someone else.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."