Zimmerit Set for Monogram Panzer IV

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
mperdu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Zimmerit Set for Monogram Panzer IV

Post by mperdu » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:22 pm

Hey Guys,
I thought I'd let you know that we are offering a zimmerit set to fit your Monogram 1/32 scale Panzer IV kit. Maybe you have one that's been sitting in your stash, or have recently bought the kit since we've all been on lock down.
This set is laser textured and cut paper and comes with instructions for application, which is pretty straight forward. It can be ordered on our website and we also have some listed on eBay right now.
Sorry, I don't have a Photobucket account anymore and don't know how to post a photo.
Mike
Monroe Perdu Studios
https://www.monroeperdu.com/Zimmerit-Fo ... p_140.html
www.monroeperdu.com

normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Zimmerit Set for Monogram Panzer IV

Post by normandy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:05 am

Nice looking products Mike, been checking out your site.
The zimmerit looks very impressive as do the decals. Can these
products be scaled up to 1:18 or do you take custom orders? There
are still folks here who do custom work as well as who produce custom kits.
Nice stuff!!

mperdu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mperdu » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:56 am

The laser cut/etched products can be scaled up or down, it's a matter of finding appropriate thickness materials to match the scale. I haven't thought too much about scaling up to 1/18 because I would assume that scale would be easier to add zimmerit by hand using putty. The Panther tank at 1/18 scale is a late G model with the reinforced chin mantlet, so wouldn't have zimmerit as is. I think the PZ IV could have zimmerit but I haven't looked at it in awhile to be sure.
I looked at the 21st Century 1/32 scale PZ IV and dimensions don't match the Monogram kit. There's also some molded on details that make it harder for sections to be created without a lot of smaller pieces to place around details.
I'm open to suggestions and I do custom work. Most of my inventory is from people asking me to make a set for a particular kit. I rely on fresh eyes to ask for something that may not have occurred to me to make.
Mike
www.monroeperdu.com

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:14 pm

In the past I've used resin Zimmerit sheets from Atak out of Europe, difficult
to find now...

they work well...

I see your Zimmerit is laser textured and cut paper, sounds like the perfect replacement for what was a
very good product.