Great Day of Collecting

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

Great Day of Collecting

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:24 pm

I wish every day was an XD day as good as this one:)

I visited a number of Walmarts in the area including two further away to search for 32X Xtreme Wings planes to add to my collection. After visiting four Walmarts I was able to scrounge up the following planes

Ridge Runner P-51
Black P-47
Angie P-47
White 3 190
RAF P-40
109 with face on nose
Miss Marylin P-51

So I have one of each plane already. Plus a macchi and zero on the way

Awesome day

Corey

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:31 pm

Good find! For a new 32x aircraft collector, you hit the jackpot and in one day (and minimal cost) you got a representative collection of all the planes made in the series! They're great bang for the buck, and 21c has created some interesting paintschemes.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Coreyeagle48

Thanks

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:56 pm

Tman,

Yeah I was very surprised myself. Ironically enough I am not a tall person and one of the stores had them all on the top shelf. I ironically enough saw one of my third graders who asked me naturally what I was doing in the toy aisle and I told her. She said "Wait here" and came back with her dad, 6'5". A quick hoist up on his shoulders and she got both my planes down in exchange for a .99 cent superball. Not a bad deal! LOL

I like the 190 and the RAF P-40 a lot. Miss Marylin is also a favorite of mine. I hope to score some of the other aircraft as time and money allows. I think in total I spent about 130.00 on all the planes today. Not a bad deal.

Bad thing, the girlfriend is not a happy camper! The addition of more planes and driving to four Walmarts and grocery shopping, LOL You can guess...

Corey

MG-42

Wal-Mart Find !

Post by MG-42 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:16 pm

I'm glad you had a good day at Wal-Mart. I had a good evening too,..finding a nest of New BoB 2 dudes. .....Sounds like your 3rd.grader is pretty smart. So,..guess who's the teacher ? .. :P
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

tmanthegreat

Re: Thanks

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am

Coreyeagle48 wrote:Tman,

Yeah I was very surprised myself. Ironically enough I am not a tall person and one of the stores had them all on the top shelf. I ironically enough saw one of my third graders who asked me naturally what I was doing in the toy aisle and I told her. She said "Wait here" and came back with her dad, 6'5". A quick hoist up on his shoulders and she got both my planes down in exchange for a .99 cent superball. Not a bad deal! LOL
I know the feeling about not being so tall and being in a Wal Mart. At 5'6", alot of the good stuff gets put beyond my reach, and quite often Wal Mart employees are nowhere to be seen. I once took a ladder from an unwatched aisle to get down a plane from the top shelf (no one yelled at me) and when I got your very Zero & Macchi, I stood in an empty shopping cart to get that extra couple feet of height 8)

Alot more XD products would be sold if they were put on the lower shelves where people could see them!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:52 am

Yeah,....I go and grab a ladder,..if I can't find an associate. I always scan the top shelves, walking through the aisles. :wink:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

digger

Post by digger » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:46 am

when I got your very Zero & Macchi, I stood in an empty shopping cart to get that extra couple feet of height
:shock: Tman, we don't want you longing on in 6 months and telling us you were out of collecting due to a cracked skull...those 32x planes are nice but remember safety comes first. :P

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

tmtg

Post by eddie372 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:42 am

An there I was, thinking all along that the T-man was a 6' 5'' dude from Californy!! :lol:
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:08 am

Next time you see items on the top shelves, instead of grabbing a ladder, try this. Go over to the sporting goods dept and grab yourself either a baseball bat or fishing pole and use them to jockey the boxes around so that they come tumbling off the shelves and into your waiting arms. This only works though if the boxes aren't squeezed in so tightly amongst other stuff. So far, when I've had the opportunity to get things off the top shelves I haven't let one fall to the floor yet.

bboc
Corporal
Corporal

Top shelf

Post by bboc » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:47 am

As much maligned as WalMart is, and for many reasons, I have to say that I've never had any problem getting a WalMart person to get something from the top shelf for me.