Mattel TOP GUN: MAVERICK diecast

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Mattel TOP GUN: MAVERICK diecast

Post by dragon53 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:25 am

Mattel gets TOP GUN: MAVERICK toy license.

"EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT) today announced it has been named global toy partner for Paramount Pictures’ TOP GUN franchise, ahead of the highly-anticipated sequel, TOP GUN: MAVERICK, scheduled to debut in theaters in June 2020.

Mattel has the rights to toys across multiple categories, including die-cast vehicles and aircrafts, playsets, games and other toys. The new line will bring moments from both the classic film and the sequel to life, appealing to fans of all ages.

“We are thrilled to bring TOP GUN to life for both kids and their parents who undoubtedly fell in love with the franchise over thirty years ago,” said Janet Hsu, Chief Franchise Management Officer of Mattel. “Our design-led approach has allowed us to recreate the high-octane action from the movie with a line of toys that will impress fans of all ages.”

“TOP GUN: MAVERICK is one of the most anticipated movies next summer,” said Pam Kaufman, President, Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products. “The film has multi-generational appeal and lends itself to vehicle and role play toy categories. TOP GUN: MAVERICK has all the ingredients to be a hit in theatres, as well as retail aisles.”

The line will be available globally ahead of the U.S. premiere scheduled to be released in June 2020."

source: mattel.com

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Re: Mattel TOP GUN: MAVERICK diecast

Post by aferguson » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:19 am

hmm.....
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat

Re: Mattel TOP GUN: MAVERICK diecast

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:12 am

There was a diecast company, TSM Models, that made replicas of the F-14s in 1/72 and 1/200 scales from the classic Top Gun movie. I don’t have one and so can’t comment on the quality, but I suspect it’s somewhere between the quality of Witty Wings and the premium Century Wings models. Here’s a link to a reputable retailer that still has them in stock:

https://www.diecastairplane.com/store/c ... odels.html
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."