Older Britains Howitzer 1/32

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Older Britains Howitzer 1/32

Post by krieglok » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:15 am

I always liked the howitzers and cannons the Britains company sold. I had the smaller guns when I was a kid. They were great for shooting at my plastic tanks.

Well, I managed to pick up something a little bigger. This is Britains 18" Howitzer. It is a typical WW1 heavy artillery piece, with a heavy carriage used for long term emplacement for siege duty.

The gun has a working elevation mechanism and a hinged breech where a metal shell with lead projectiles are loaded.

In the photos you can see the ammo for the gun. The three different spring lengths allow for three ranges at full elevation. I have not tried a full length shot yet, but the lead rounds really fly out of the muzzle.

A pic with a 1/32 scale British Royal Artillery man gives an idea of the size. The breech mechanism is missing in One picture as I removed it to clean and repair. I replaced the "field expedient" nail in the firing mechanism with a machined pin.

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Older Britains Howitzer 1/32

Post by krieglok » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:26 am

A few more pics...