Easy Model Buffalos Appear

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Easy Model Buffalos Appear

Post by Epap » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:42 am

The first 1:72nd scale Easy Model Buffalos have shown up on a Chinese eBay seller's site. Here are pictures, first, of a Finnish version with rub-off markings hiding the blue swastikas underneath. The picture is slightly fuzzy:Image

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Easy Model Buffalos Appear

Post by Epap » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:43 am

And a USN Buffalo:Image

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:31 am

rub off markings? does that mean the Easy Model Finnish Buffalo actually has a full swastika?

If so that's great.....been itching for a nice Finnish Buffalo. I hope they do a british and dutch version too.

Thanks for the heads up, Epap. By the way. Easy Model makes other Finnish Air Force planes but they don't have the full swastika markings.....are they rub off too and thus actually do have full swastika markings?

Any other new Easy Models coming out i should know about? :)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:31 am

aferguson wrote:rub off markings? does that mean the Easy Model Finnish Buffalo actually has a full swastika?

If so that's great.....been itching for a nice Finnish Buffalo. I hope they do a british and dutch version too.

Thanks for the heads up, Epap. By the way. Easy Model makes other Finnish Air Force planes but they don't have the full swastika markings.....are they rub off too and thus actually do have full swastika markings?

Any other new Easy Models coming out i should know about? :)
Easy Model has done the rub-off thing before, AF----I believe it was the Finnish MS-406 and the Hurricane MK IIC ( the Finns never got any II Cs, btw ). I carefully pry off the fake markings using a fingernail, though some say they dissolve in warm water. The Swastikas are underneath.

EM put out a catalog a while ago that included the Avenger, JU-87D, Dauntless, Bearcat, IL-2, P-38 and various helicopters, plus the F2A. The Stuka is already out and they have announced a P-61 as well. As for schemes, who knows? The two Buffalos that are on the way are in different schemes than were proposed in the old catalog. If you're curious, just Google "Easy Model Catalog" and check the images. They show up if you scroll down a bit.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:21 am

great info as always, Epap. Thanks so much. Some juicy stuff coming from EM. Il-2, Bearcat sound great.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:28 am

A link to the catalog cheesecake posted a while back.
http://issuu.com/itsm-kr/docs/easy_model_2013#

I don't see the Finnish Buffalo or the yellow wing in the lineup, but these look good.
The rear of the cockpits are obscured.
They do look to have more detail than either of the previous 1:72 diecast versions.
Always wanted a decent 1:72 version of the Buffalo, I don't care if it has to be plastic.
Like to see an actual model.

Thanks for the pics Epap.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

USCGMK2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by USCGMK2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:05 pm

I picked up the winter Stuka in Yokohama, Japan. That was the only new one I saw there. Looking forward to the Buffalo.