Atlantic Wall/ Normandy Naval Gun

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ketelone
Officer - Brigadier General

Atlantic Wall/ Normandy Naval Gun

Post by ketelone » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:37 pm

I recently saw photos of the K&C naval gun. Very cool. It would go extremely well with their existing pill boxes and other defenses. It would also go very well with Conte's pieces or Hobby Bunker's defensive pieces. It's coming out this month. I may have to pick it up. I think it would go well TG's Normandy anti-aircraft guns.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

ketelone

Re: Atlantic Wall/ Normandy Naval Gun

Post by ketelone » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:46 pm

I'm curious, how many people on this forum collect K&C, TG, etc.?
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:55 am

I saw the King & Country naval gun first hand. Excellent piece. The rear of the gun is visible and the gun has an operating breech. K&C is coming out with figures for the gun. I think a must for any Atlantic fortress diorama. Years ago I purchased Conte's playset which had a naval gun. Conte's gun was housed in a larger reinforced bunker and appears to be a 5" gun as compared to K&C's larger weapon.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:03 pm

I used to collect K&C ww2 figures. Now a day I only collect First Legion ww2, Samurai, and Roman figures. They are pricey but the painting is incredible. I still have quite a few K&C pieces though in my collection.

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:40 pm

First Legion has wonderful pieces: figures, vehicles and diorama pieces but very expensive. I have not yet purchased anything. I'm very impressed with their Vietnam figures.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:53 pm

ketelone wrote:First Legion has wonderful pieces: figures, vehicles and diorama pieces but very expensive. I have not yet purchased anything. I'm very impressed with their Vietnam figures.
ketelone,

I have both K&C and FL figures and the different in sculpting and painting are night & day between the two IMO with FL figure is the superior one. K&C is now charging ~$50 for their figure that they say have more detail and better painting but they look to have the same level of painting compare to figures that I bought few years ago but with a much higher price now :D . FL figure is average ~ $65 each and has much better sculpting & more realistic painting . So I go with quality over quantity :mrgreen:
Yes your're right FL VietNam figures are very nice but I can't afford to start a new range since I'm now deep in FL ww2, Roman, and Samurai ranges :D

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:11 pm

cnq, I collect Civil War and pre WWII to the present. I hear you with respect to expansion into different eras. For good or bad, I have too many product lines and scales (1/35 to 1/30), plastics (Marx, Airfix, TSSD, Tamiya, Italieri, Conte, etc.), die cast (21st, FOV, Newray, Corgi, Dinky, old Britains, etc.), 'painted' metal soldiers, vehicles and diorama pieces (Britains, ONTS, Frontline, Figarti, TG, K&C, Conte, etc.), and 1/35 and 1/32 built plastic model kits. When you come down to it, I admittedly have too much stuff, but I still love collecting.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

DomiUK
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DomiUK » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:36 am

I have never really liked K & C as I feel the figure tend to be to "cartooney" and the mixed scales of the vehicles I also consider to be a poor mistake.

However not all there stuff fits in to the above description and if had unlimited funds there are indeed K&C pieces I would buy but back to the OP.

I am actually very interested In this gun I would be wanting to use it with the Conte coastal playset so does anybody know how well if at all it would fit ?

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:24 am

I think it would work but I think you would need to keep them apart or at different ends of the diorama.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."