Renwal Models

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ketelone
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Renwal Models

Post by ketelone » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:39 pm

I went to a Hobbytown USA today and I saw the 1/32 models by Renwal. They had the re-release of these older kits: Nike Missile, atomic cannon, 2 1/2 ton retrieval truck and the Walker Bulldog. I almost bought the tank. Inexpensive models. They also had the big air force transport truck. I already built the missile battery. I haven't yet built the truck yet.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Renwal Models

Post by binder001 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:49 am

Most of Renwal's tooling and the brand name was bought up by Monogram-Revell. Periodically they release some "classic" kits from Renwal, Revell or Monogram. In the last few years we have seen several of the old Renwal kits become available; M41 light tank, MACE missle with Terra-Cruzer launcher, M62 wrecker truck, M55 SP 8" howitzer, M65 "Atomic Cannon" with transporter trucks, etc. Renwal worked in 1/32 scale, while Revell's military models were in 1/40th scale, and Monogram's were first in 1/35th scale, then later some were released in 1/32nd. This "classic" kits program is why one can find new pressings of the old Monogram M4 tank and German 8-wheel armored car.

Word of advice, these are made for a limited time, then the molds are returned to storage, so get 'em while you can!