Hobby Link Japan???

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Hobby Link Japan???

Post by aferguson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Anyone ever ordered from them? I placed two orders today. Each time it said 'in stock and ready to ship' all the way through the order process. Then i place the order (it didn't ask me to pay ever), check my order history and it says 'backordered ships in 4-6 weeks'.

Is this normal for them? If so i want nothing to do with them.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

snake
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Hobby Link Japan???

Post by snake » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:41 pm

I have placed a couple of orders with HLJ, and have had nothing but a positive experience.

Sounds like they are out of stock on your particular item, Aferg, and have it back ordered. I wouldn't worry about it. They are very organized, and a main distributor.

Of course, if you are unwilling to wait, and can get it for the same price elsewhere, go for it. :wink:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:18 pm

it happened not once but twice today, on two totally different items. Said it was in stock and ready to ship all along the ordering process until i clicked 'confirm order' and then all of a sudden both were backordered.

Anyway i was able to find one of them cheaper at another japanese etailer. The first one i'm waiting to hear back on . Not too impressed.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Gambit
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Gambit » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:56 pm

I've bought from them over the years with no problems and more so since the yen was devalued. I'd probably have bought more but their diecast selection is low or out of stock from what it was like years ago. I guess they sell more of those Japanese dolls.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:16 am

AFERGUSON:

I've bought from them twice with no problems.