My P51 Mustang

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Karl Dak
Sergeant
Sergeant

My P51 Mustang

Post by Karl Dak » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:28 am

Hi All:

I recently purchased and finally opened the Algo / Ultimate Soldier Tuesday Morning P51 and took some shots.

Let me first say that for those of you thinking about purchasing this airplane or comparing it to the Tuesday Morning Focke-Wulf, I find it more detailed. Let's take a look:

In color, unedited

Vintage shot in sepia

Flying (oil color)

Up-close (note: the P51 includes a second set of windshield pieces to place in an open position as pictured).

Color flight edit

Pictured with Focke-Wulf

I must say that I really like this plane despite the lack of a pilot - can't beat the price for $9.99 before tax.

Comments welcome.

Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: My P51 Mustang

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:13 am

Very nice Karl!! I have the 21st version of Shangri-La and it is my favorite B model with Double Nuthin' as my favorite D. 8)
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:57 am

Very nice pictures as usual

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:17 am

I find this actually disappointing I have the 21ct version " bald eagle " and I was thinking that the allgo releases would be a bit more detailed then the 21ct versions and I had no idea they don't come with a pilot but other then that those are great pictures.
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:32 am

It's a great plane for ten bucks! I think a lot of our forum members have purchased this plane in bulk to create their own squadron or to create downed aircraft. Thanks TM. (Hopefully TM will find some more and different planes...)
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

Karl Dak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Karl Dak » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:58 am

Thanks all for the nice comments. I really enjoy setting up and photographing military vehicles/aircraft like this. The P51 has a nice variety of colors which I think adds to the nice detail and results when picturing. I actually picked up a couple myself at the $9.99 price. Perhaps we'll see some more TM planes in the future.

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:19 am

This might be a little off topic but on the back of the allgo 1:48 red tails P-51 box it shows other aircraft like the F-104 and says "collect them all" but I don't think I've heard of a 1:48 F-104 by allgo anyone have an idea why it says that if there's not any out there?
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Great picture :D I especially like your use of the kneeling mortar crew figure as a maintenance guy. I know maintenance workers wouldn't have worn helmets, but it still looks great! Barrels and boxes complete the effect. I think I'm going to have to do something similar for one of my little dios :wink:

One point of criticism, however, in that Gentile's plane was based in England, where there are no alpine peaks as shown in your background. That is particularly the case in the southeast region of England where most US planes were stationed and even in western France. Something more like rolling farmland or perhaps hills would really be more appropriate and add to the realistic effect :wink:

An alpine background would really work well with a German plane or the "Double Nuthin" P-51D (which was in the Italian theater).
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Treadhead
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Treadhead » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:46 pm

That's really nice. I've been thinking about getting one and I think
you just made my mind up for me....thanks 8)